IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

so cfc never took the tote?

about 2 millwall got on tote the beeb paid em to do it

also ...would like your account glos cup 78 or 79 eastville if you can "conveniently"remember

mate- chelsea 'took' the tote at 2pm when there were only a bunch of spotty teenagers in there- tried again at kick-off and got battered when the main mob had come in from the pubs,,check it out on you tube, don't have to believe me. As for glos cup, no don't remember city in the tote, in any numbers anyway- I do remember the east end being battered though - the exact year not sure but 73,74 half an hour before kick-off...

2 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

mate- chelsea 'took' the tote at 2pm when there were only a bunch of spotty teenagers in there- tried again at kick-off and got battered when the main mob had come in from the pubs,,check it out on you tube, don't have to believe me. As for glos cup, no don't remember city in the tote, in any numbers anyway- I do remember the east end being battered though - the exact year not sure but 73,74 half an hour before kick-off...

cfc came in from the right hand side as you look at the tote which was packed......fact......I was there...you really don't have a clue "mate"

5 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

And now your lot resort to terrorising families and groping women.

28 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

that old chestnut...whilst you are it look at the panorama programme (millwall) on you tube where harry the dog and his fellow reprobates got their come-uppance in the Tote End on film - don't forget to read the comments underneath from their fans..actually |I will admit, a city mob finished them off at a 'Clash' concert later that day...

Oh you're back......still a dick head I see 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

cfc came in from the right hand side as you look at the tote which was packed......fact......I was there...you really don't have a clue "mate"

'came in from the right hand side as you look at the tote' from the car park then, the left side-impossible. You don't have a clue mate as it was impossible to get in from the north enclosure which was actually the right side.

look- I'll leave you all to continue being in  denial....of being in denial. See you in,league 1 next season, the BRISTOL SPORT THING? Like your dreams, will fade and die... UTG!

5 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

'came in from the right hand side as you look at the tote' from the car park then, the left side-impossible. You don't have a clue mate as it was impossible to get in from the north enclosure which was actually the right side.

look- I'll leave you all to continue being in  denial....of being in denial. See you in,league 1 next season, the BRISTOL SPORT THING? Like your dreams, will fade and die... UTG!

don't go away "mate" you really are good value......if you can understand basic English if your looking at the tote from the muller rd end then Chelsea took it coming from the north stand side where there used to be a big blue gate....which just happens to be the right hand side.....do you understand now?

• Like 1

Been at both ends of Eastville when they played Chelsea so I thought I'd do a search, interesting results....

From a Chelsea forum

As a Bristol Rovers fan, one of my abiding memories of our original ground - Eastville, is seeing Chelsea almost totally clear the Tote End at a midweek match around 1976. One minute it was packed with Gasheads, next minute, they parted like the red sea, and Chelsea were standing in the centre of the terrace.  I don't think I've ever seen the Tote clear that quickly,

First reply

In the 70s as well .. if my memory serves me well Rovers did better outside afterwards but still got run underneath the motorway .. Bristol city at ashton gate a much tougher job (my italics)

I'll just leave thhis here, make of it what you will.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Chelsea took the piss that day, strangely they never got away with it at the gate, nor arsenal nor spurs, nor united, nor Leeds.....ile rest my case as the man from kleeneeze said on my doorstep as in said ram that brush up yer arse

Nearest I ever remember anyone getting close to taking the EE was West Ham one year. Got them out in the end but it was bloody hard work.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Chelsea took the piss that day, strangely they never got away with it at the gate, nor arsenal nor spurs, nor united, nor Leeds.....ile rest my case as the man from kleeneeze said on my doorstep as in said ram that brush up yer arse

remember west ham in the east end when there was a chimps pg tips party going on on the pitch

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That was the one. Got a bit lairy for a while but we got there in the end.

their boys were tooled up, naughty but nice,even waving stanleys n knives they still headed for the pitch.................. eventually.....still love em though....in my old age, proper fans in this context, good honest firm, bless em

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, harrys said:

What is this "East End in 75" another famous Gas myth about to start?

No, it's the truth, they came on the East End and gave a good show, old bill saved their ases, only to be murdered and humiliated once the hounds of hell had a free run after the game, same old same old 

1 hour ago, st andrews gas said:

See you in,league 1 next season, the BRISTOL SPORT THING? Like your dreams, will fade and die... UTG!

Oh, this old chestnut...

"this time next year...blah, blah, blah"

"Lansdown will get bored...blah, blah, blah"

**** off and think of something original instead of the shit you've all been spouting continuously since 2001.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So what I've learnt, is that 40-odd years ago, something happened. No clear winner (if indeed a winner needs to be identified), but bickering continues. 

Haven't you got pensions to collect and Countdown to watch?

Go play on yer play station, while I watch ****reefile

3 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

of course you were, took the tote end single- handedly- robbed the hot dog stand, machine-gunned your telephone number into the remnants of the corrugated iron,popped the box of chocs by the flower beds behind the goal for the city keeper and legged it back to your cave in BS3  for cheap cider and medals....

So, problem is ,you were born just too late. I'm sure if you'd been a few years older we NEVER would have taken the piss so many times, it would have been us cowering in the corner "bus stop", ah, life sucks!   :cool:

1 hour ago, weymouth red said:

The only thing that got battered was a sasusge in 73/74 

deleat

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

No, it's the truth, they came on the East End and gave a good show, old bill saved their ases, only to be murdered and humiliated once the hounds of hell had a free run after the game, same old same old 

I was stood next to the police cordon and their mob. When the main City poured in, the sags tried to run but the copper in charge said " No, you wanted to come in, and here you will stay"!

St Andrews reminds of something Danny Baker once said on 605.... " When I hear the name Bristol Rovers, I think PATHOLOGICAL LIARS "  !          Spot on Dan .

• Like 5

4 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Have to admit the windass thing is a bit of a disaster PR wise- not that it would matter I hear you say. But a line has to be drawn by the p"""k above - Bristol City have never,ever 'terrorised or took over' the old Tote End - Millwall, Chelsea couldn't and your lot never ever got near.....

Well that is a downright lie, My father was one of the old school who would go to Eastville if they had a game against someone he wanted to see and the year Chelsea were relegated we went to see the game. I was 13 and we went in the Tote End down near the front and so had a perfect view as about 5 minutes before kick off the Rovers fans were chased out by the Chelsea mob and the stewards shut the gates behind them to stop the trouble spilling over. 

The first 20 minutes of the game the Chelsea fans were singing songs and waving to their mates in the away end, eventually the police came along, and with little fuss or bother, walked the Chelsea fans around the edge of the pitch back to the away end. They then reopened the gates and let the rather sheepish looking Tote Enders back in.

I can't say that either the City or Millwall fans had similar successes as I have only heard stories, but I would swear to that incident on a stack of bibles if I was a religious man, that's exactly how it happened.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well that is a downright lie, My father was one of the old school who would go to Eastville if they had a game against someone he wanted to see and the year Chelsea were relegated we went to see the game. I was 13 and we went in the Tote End down near the front and so had a perfect view as about 5 minutes before kick off the Rovers fans were chased out by the Chelsea mob and the stewards shut the gates behind them to stop the trouble spilling over. 

The first 20 minutes of the game the Chelsea fans were singing songs and waving to their mates in the away end, eventually the police came along, and with little fuss or bother, walked the Chelsea fans around the edge of the pitch back to the away end. They then reopened the gates and let the rather sheepish looking Tote Enders back in.

I can't say that either the City or Millwall fans had similar successes as I have only heard stories, but I would swear to that incident on a stack of bibles if I was a religious man, that's exactly how it happened.

Exactly how it happened, EXCEPT, as I remember they led them round the BACK of the South Stand (hundreds of'em), who promptly rid it of glass ! I was also there.

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Have to admit the windass thing is a bit of a disaster PR wise- not that it would matter I hear you say. But a line has to be drawn by the p"""k above - Bristol City have never,ever 'terrorised or took over' the old Tote End - Millwall, Chelsea couldn't and your lot never ever got near.....

I do remember being in the Tote End ,right in the middle with all the City boys .Remember singing the Galley Galley song .I must have been about 14 .Do not remember much resistance being put up that night . But to be fair Rovers did have a pretty good mob back then . Mind you lots of teams did didnt they .

1 hour ago, Mr Roper said:

I do remember being in the Tote End ,right in the middle with all the City boys .Remember singing the Galley Galley song .I must have been about 14 .Do not remember much resistance being put up that night . But to be fair Rovers did have a pretty good mob back then . Mind you lots of teams did didnt they .

Yes , no one is saying they were wimps back then, but what invariably "won" it for the City was sheer weight of numbers !