IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Yes it happened, and I've never denied it, but it's made out to be as if it was the only thing going on at the football when it was a sideshow at best.

The fact that people enjoyed it really doesn't make it acceptable, and it amazes me that people are so proud of having been involved rather than realising now what fools they were and being quite embarrassed about it.

Can't remember any fools to be honest just a good bunch of lads enjoying the football experience of the 70's, it's a completely different experience these days which for my kids sake I am grateful for, but I'll never forget the different buzz that the football experience gave you in those days and wouldn't of changed it for the world, I feel it's a shame that you should feel the need to mock and criticise

• Like 5

4 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I don't know you and won't insult you.

But judging by your comments, if someone gave you a slap or slapped your best mate, I guess you're the sort who'd turn the other cheek. That's very commendable. Each to his own.

Yes it was possible to avoid trouble, but unfortunately sometimes people like you got cornered or confronted by opposing mobs looking for easy targets.

Often those people who you now condemn stepped in and helped them out.

This has got nothing to do with egos.My generation's days are gone. It's just people reflecting on times gone by and setting the record straight.

Like some other posters have said, modern football is sterile,bland and suffocating itself.

Stadiums are half-empty, the corporate bloaters are having a jolly and fans at Leicester and elsewhere seem  pleased they are allowed to play with their happy-clackers - God forbid they sing, shout or wave home-made banners....or worse still shake their fists or .....dare to stand up (the ultimate crime!).

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Nah, that's Egger, AKA Tony Strickland. well known uber piss head around the 'Wood. Not at all well I believe.  He's actually a nice enough bloke and the best brick layer I have ever seen if you can catch him sober (which isn't very often).

And to add to Tony's defense, he's had a raw deal in the life stakes, anyone who knows him would agree I'm sure, I grew up with his older brother Kelvin before he was sadly taken from us, he was the original Egger, a mantle that tony adopted out of respect for his Bro. I've heard Tony's health ain't to great, for all I know he might have joined his brother by now...sad if true

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

@1960maaan

That Cardiff game in the 70's, it was actually alot more than 96 arrests, about 140, and much was made of it on the local media the next day about it being a record number.

Most of the arrests were actually Cardiff fans who were rounded up en masse when the police closed off a road at both ends and arrested everybody.

Not that many charged, no more than about 10 iirc.

Not surprised it was more, don't know where I got 96 from, just popped into my head. I remember we were up the open end that game for some reason.

17 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

And to add to Tony's defense, he's had a raw deal in the life stakes, anyone who knows him would agree I'm sure, I grew up with his older brother Kelvin before he was sadly taken from us, he was the original Egger, a mantle that tony adopted out of respect for his Bro. I've heard Tony's health ain't to great, for all I know he might have joined his brother by now...sad if true

He hadn't about a month ago KM as I saw him briefly. I believe he has had part of his tongue removed due to throat cancer. Unfortunately, he's not long for this world and he, obviously, didn't look well when I saw him although he greeted me with his usual smile and a wave.

I've always got on well with the bloke but many (as you said) don't know his story. I never knew Kelvin but I know the effect his passing had on Tony.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not surprised it was more, don't know where I got 96 from, just popped into my head. I remember we were up the open end that game for some reason.

145 rings a bell to me, a record at a football match at the time, not surprising really as a particular song from the EE was shameful though for many (myself included) sung it happily without having a clue what it was about

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

145 rings a bell to me, a record at a football match at the time, not surprising really as a particular song from the EE was shameful though for many (myself included) sung it happily without having a clue what it was about

Yep nothing was off limits, anything to offend really. Never thought about it at the time.

On 12/15/2015 at 11:37, slartibartfast said:

All that's happening is some dick-head gapper comes here and tries to rewrite history.

A few of us are just telling what actually happened with FIRST HAND accounts, as opposed. to his made up, obviously wasn't there,  versions !

Sorry mate - I was there, and will be next season in our league 1 derbys, just a dig.

I have no reason to distort the truth- nor to be a middle-aged gasser wanting to wind you lot up -you do very well all by yourselves on that score. Believe it or not, I hope City stay up and think you will- its in the best interests of the whole place if there are two teams performing well. 

I do think however you lot underestimate the passion with which we follow our team- I can assure you other fans do not...seasons greetings...

5 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

No you didn't ever. And there seems to be a few here who seem to know my identity as in some bloke from kingswood - don't even know where that is- st andrews resident and proud to live somewhere decent....

Only on the wind up, mate. I know it was never taken, just like we NEVER lost to William ! at Senlac Hill, your boys saw them right off !

• Like 1

On 12/15/2015 at 17:59, Doozerchris said:

Deluded & drunk , a dangerous combo :laughcont:

Trust me - I am far better looking than that man, and not so stupid as to shout my gob off-deluded? IQ 158 - not all

of us Gas are thick! The best schools are, of course, on our side of the city....

Edited by st andrews gas
grammar

Hey lads just to put this topic into perspective  --  I've been at Eastville when the East end were in theTote I've also been to Aston Gate when the the Tote took the East end -- so ******* what. It was thirty to forty years a go . I think we all need to move on

Most of you on this subject are a bunch of ***** for **** sake grow up this is now 2015 not 1970.

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Why do Sainsbury's have a 200k charge against the Mem? I assume it's for legal fees if they win the appeal, but with both Wonga and Sainsbury's having a claim on the Stadium,  there is only the Grotto left without a mortgage on it.

When Plymouth Argyle nearly went through the hoop a few years back the number of fixed charges upon Home Park that came out were ridiculous; basically it was gone and then some.

I think the Council bailed them out and bought it, very corrupt.

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

When Plymouth Argyle nearly went through the hoop a few years back the number of fixed charges upon Home Park that came out were ridiculous; basically it was gone and then some.

I think the Council bailed them out and bought it, very corrupt.

Similar wouldn't surprise me locally, especially if they play the war memorial card. 

That said, their supporters hardly seem the most organised lot. Are they still wearing black and gold?

bloodash said:

8 hours ago Topper Gas said:
Seems we can't prove to Sainsbury's we can meet their extra £199K Appeal costs so they've gone for security against the Mem, it's hard to believe NH is trying to convince fans there's a Plan B cost millions but an't even meet Sainsbury's Appeal costs, sounds to me we'll be virtually bankrupt should we lose the Appeal? Although Sainsbury's taking out a charge against the Mem must be a new low for them as losing £199K is hardly going to bankrupt them?

Sainsburys have been very cute in their public relations but to potentially send a football club to the wall could be a disaster for them for a small amount of money it would turn football fans in general against them and in the long run cost them a great deal of money they've won the case but still want their pound of flesh not the smartest of moves 
Disagree, they offered us a settlement, we said no.

And as I've said several times, even though this has dragged on for literally years, if you went to a Sainsbury's (outside of Bristol) and asked 100 people for their view, 99 of them wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about.

And even in Bristol, most people would be more interested in the price of a cauliflower than our case.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninjas can't be found". Well played Ninjas, well played.
bulbous

Member is Online

Breaking News - Club To Appeal 5 hours ago 
Post by bulbous on 5 hours ago
people wont give a shyte what football fans think, apart from rovers fans does anyone really care that eastville became a tesco ?

unless this fabled ;consortium; are around then uwe is  kaput

Topper Gas

Member is Online

Breaking News - Club To Appeal 5 hours ago 
Post by Topper Gas on 5 hours ago
I doubt football fans would be too impressed if Sainsbury's sent us into Admin, although having a charge on the property simply safeguards their money should NH's Plan B be to put BRFC1883 into Admin should we lose the Appeal. I guess all the wonga loan has now been spent as, if not, surely we could have have lodge £199K of the loan with courts as security?

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3641/breaking-news-club-appeal#ixzz3utMb2mKE

if they lose and have to pay Sainsbury compo it's there own doing they all ready lost in court but still trying to push in having another court trying to make Sainsbury but some thing they don't want