IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

44 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

They just signed Rory Fallen :laugh::laugh::laugh: the gift

I just went on his Wiki just to see how old he is and what he's been up to. Someone was quick to edit that haha.

The more reliable soccerbase puts his last performance in October 2014! Not sure if that's down to injury?

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

The Post seem to think March was intimated. In reality, when the court is ready. Could be sooner, could be later. 

I may be rather cynical, but money drives most things in the legal world.  Even if there are no grounds for appeal, the result won't be announced for a few weeks. If it's announced tomorrow, the judge won't be paid, relatively, very much.  If it takes weeks of "hard" work, the amount charged can be much greater. In the same way, the written verdict will be long winded. A simple "No grounds for appeal. BRFC stop wasting everybody's time" would suffice, but a what we'll get is a long winded tome.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I may be rather cynical, but money drives most things in the legal world.  Even if there are no grounds for appeal, the result won't be announced for a few weeks. If it's announced tomorrow, the judge won't be paid, relatively, very much.  If it takes weeks of "hard" work, the amount charged can be much greater. In the same way, the written verdict will be long winded. A simple "No grounds for appeal. BRFC stop wasting everybody's time" would suffice, but a what we'll get is a long winded tome.

I think that is a touch cynical, but understandably so. The judges are not paid 'by the hour' but have a set salary (pro rata where appropriate) so whether it takes days weeks months or longer won't impact upon their salary. And besides, these bunch would have made astronomically more if they had stayed in practice. 

• Admin
5 hours ago, bert tann said:

and not only that but Prince Ali's sister is Princess Haya of Jordan who is the junior wife of HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Emir of Dubai.

WTF???

Nurse! 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2015 at 23:35, PHILINFRANCE said:
5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

This is what I referred to further up the thread. Announcement next week and UWE work will start at latest by April.

However the timing seems off to me, as surely no deal would be done untill the court case is over, as that will affect the club value (for better or worse) massively.

).

Are all three still posting (TG indicates that MHH has changed his user name - I assume it was a he!)?

Really really hope this isn't true because this is the best chance we'll ever have to get rid of them for good. Lose their court case and they'll slowly dwindle until they are gone for good imho.

16 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

This is what I referred to further up the thread. Announcement next week and UWE work will start at latest by April.

However the timing seems off to me, as surely no deal would be done untill the court case is over, as that will affect the club value (for better or worse) massively.

If true, it would suggest to me that the Sags know they've lost (or they not at all confident) the Sainsbury's case.  Backers come in, build the UWE, reap the benefits and the Sags become tenants would be my guess.  

2 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

That's true, competition can bring out the best in people. Personally I prefer the 'rovers dwindle and die' scenario but I could live with them at least being some sort of real rival, instead of being a total laughing stock.  Liked your post of that article from the gas head about City's problems, though tbh while I was reading it I had Queen's song 'Jealousy' playing in my mind - not sure why, but I'll post it here for your listening pleasure ... thinking of the gas while listening to this brings a smile.

Perfect fit :)

1 hour ago, Big Brother said:

Is Bert trying to sell rovers to a syndicate of wealthy well connected middle eastern businessmen?

This is a good example of how a simple story gets exaggerated. Rovers are not getter a rich Sheikh, they're just getting some Shake and Vac for the boardroom carpet

Edited by pongo88

A billionaire with 'unlimited' wealth starting out at the bottom of the pyramid and signing up for years and years of investment at a club with no affinity to, rather than buying an established club with the infrastructure where vanity signings are all it needs? - in the footballing hotbed the south west of England  

Yeah, sounds believable :whistle:

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Super said:

All rumours.

I see.

The idea anyone would consider buying them (or even waste time on due diligence) until their situation with sainsburys is full sorted would surprise me.  

Sound a little like the nonsense Higgs was spouting about investors from the USA just before the last time they got bad news.

Unless this middle eastern investor had some personal interest in the club, there are a multitude of teams in better circumstances thought out the league to invest in.

Would be very, very surprised.

• Like 1

The Gas I know are always harping on about being a traditional club with no aspiration to "sell out". 

I suppose that instantly falls to the wayside once the possibility of a large investment comes along.

The reality is, if you want higher level football in a shiny new stadium, your going to need that investment.