IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

The American actor is real. Due to contractual obligations he had to finish filming his very popular T.V series. When that takes a break he will join up with a fellow actor from the show and take a more active roll with the Gas. But until then Fozzy Bear and Gonzo are too busy filming with the other Muppets.

• Like 5

I am sure Aizoon will have his own view, but I saw this in the Bristol Post earlier.

Horfield

The name Horfield is Anglo-Saxon in origin, meaning filthy open land. Historically, the area had a reputation as a lawless place because Horfield Wood was the haunt of thieves and vagrants. The area remained rural until the early 19th century.

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am sure Aizoon will have his own view, but I saw this in the Bristol Post earlier.

Horfield

The name Horfield is Anglo-Saxon in origin, meaning filthy open land. Historically, the area had a reputation as a lawless place because Horfield Wood was the haunt of thieves and vagrants. The area remained rural until the early 19th century.

I can assure you that it wasn't filthy until the blue few moved in.

• Like 1

This was very interesting reaidng from gasincider:

June 14 accounts.             June 15 Accounts 
Total issued shares.          8,154,720.                        8,167,690 (page 21)
Individual holdings

NH.                                    4,419,828.  54.2%            1,500,000. 18.36%

BB.                                        938,293. 11.51%             938,293.  11.5%

EW.                                       261,456.   3.21%             142,857.    1.75%

CJ.                                        132,192.    1.62%              35,714.    0.43%

So maybe the takeover has already happened with Higgs selling a 36% stake.

Hope the buyer wasn't Steve Lansdown.

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This was very interesting reaidng from gasincider:

So maybe the takeover has already happened with Higgs selling a 36% stake.

Hope the buyer wasn't Steve Lansdown.

He can't own another club IIRC Eddie, it's against the FL rules IIRC.

• The title was changed to Basement Rovers
14 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Those accounts don't make for good reading and the blue few should be extremely worried if/uwe finally falls flat on its face

where are they going to find 2.7 million from to pay that loan off (due this summer isn't it)

Down the back of the sofa they scavenged from the council tip?

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm aware of that ciderup. But Maggie, for example, can.

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I always think of the Maxwells.  One idiot son notionally running Reading, the other idiot son notionally running Oxford.

Of course supercrook Robert Maxwell entirely controlled both; but not on paper.

Because of the Maxwells, I thought the ruling had changed that owners couldn't be "associated" with another club owner - thus meaning Mrs L is saved

• Admin

Total issued shares.          8,154,720.                        8,167,690 (page 21)
Individual holdings

NH.                                    4,419,828.  54.2%            1,500,000. 18.36%

BB.                                        938,293. 11.51%             938,293.  11.5%

EW.                                       261,456.   3.21%             142,857.    1.75%

CJ.                                        132,192.    1.62%              35,714.    0.43%

Surely it has to be declared who has the missing shares?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Because of the Maxwells, I thought the ruling had changed that owners couldn't be "associated" with another club owner - thus meaning Mrs L is saved

Also with Pula Sport Limited now holding the shares in Bristol City Holdings, we don't know the ownership structure of Pula Sport. Not sure information is publicly available as a Guernsey registered company.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Individual holdings

Surely it has to be declared who has the missing shares?

Can of worms or what.

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Calm Down!

It was all just a typing error and clarification will be provided shortly.

Edited to Update: Apparently this has now been amended.

Piggs should be more careful who he deals with his; so far we've found out his lawyers and accountants are horse manure.

Edited by cityloyal473

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Calm Down!

It was all just a typing error and clarification will be provided shortly.

Edited to Update: Apparently this has now been amended.

they really are a shambles aren't they can't even get their accounts right, what hope have they got in winning a water tight contract court case

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they really are a shambles aren't they can't even get their accounts right, what hope have they got in winning a water tight contract court case

The mistake was made by their accountants who ever they maybe.  Maybe they made the mistake of employing "Turf" accountants :mafia:

It does seem a strange error to make though, a typo would have maybe transposed a figure or two, I wonder where they got the 1.5m figure from?

Edited by Port Said Red

8 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Who are their auditors?

The auditors are Grant Thornton which is a premier league accountancy team.

And I disagree with those who claim it's entirely their fault.

An audit is a check on documents which the company produces and the responsibility for producing those documents lies with Toni and ultimately Nicholas.

But having perused the accounts I should say the most interesting revelation is the dramatic change in Nicholas's signature between February 2015 and February 2016. Anyone with experience in handwriting and signature analysis may want to comment on the 3 inch long, 45 degree angled, right pointing line which has appeared as a final flourish.

What does that tell us ?