IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The auditors are Grant Thornton which is a premier league accountancy team.

And I disagree with those who claim it's entirely their fault.

An audit is a check on documents which the company produces and the responsibility for producing those documents lies with Toni and ultimately Nicholas.

But having perused the accounts I should say the most interesting revelation is the dramatic change in Nicholas's signature between February 2015 and February 2016. Anyone with experience in handwriting and signature analysis may want to comment on the 3 inch long, 45 degree angled, right pointing line which has appeared as a final flourish.

What does that tell us ?

I wouldn't have said premier league, more championship.

They have physically signed the accounts off as being correct, I remember many an unhappy hour proof reading accounts checking every number, every spelling, every bit of grammar and cross referencing. GT will be highly embarrassed by this, quite rightly so too. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

They have physically signed the accounts off as being correct, I remember many an unhappy hour proof reading accounts checking every number, every spelling, every bit of grammar and cross referencing. GT will be highly embarrassed by this, quite rightly so too. 

Yes I'm sure they will be embarrassed, and they should be,but how "teflon Toni" and "non stick Nick" get away with it every time continues to amaze anthropologists all over the world of North Bristol.

That signature change bothered me so I ran it past Gypsy Rose West, my greasy palm reading consultant, and she said it indicates a person has retreated into a world of their own and is unwilling to face reality.

I wonder if someone else signed the accounts by mistake because that doesn't sound like Nicholas does it ? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

The last time I went through City's accounts they had half a dozen minor errors (not as bad as that one, mainly narrative and the odd rounding).  The audits of these non-quoted football clubs are done on the cheap because they're not going to be pored over by financial analysts investing client money.  Grant Thornton are a decent firm and I can't see them losing much sleep over that one; it's not like they have a print run of thousands.

It was definitely an error then?  I didn't see anything on the gas thread and there's nothing linked from here.  Or are we assuming that it's an error?

I have just had a quick glance and there is an absolute howler under Note 6:

Unrelieved tax losses of £XXX (2014: £XXX) remain available to offset against future taxable trading profits.

The XXXs are there in the proforma accounts and you are meant to replace them with the actual numbers you total and utter halfwits.

Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg

Edit: Link for anybody who wants a read https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_oGcqNh_mNMWFlR21BUzV6VFpabHhJbGlKLTNoamlrLXdn/view?pref=2&pli=1

Edited by Eddie Hitler

34 minutes ago, bert tann said:

That signature change bothered me so I ran it past Gypsy Rose West, my greasy palm reading consultant, and she said it indicates a person has retreated into a world of their own and is unwilling to face reality.

To be fair that statement could apply to anyone connected to brfc,,board members,manager,players and fans alike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

The auditors are Grant Thornton which is a premier league accountancy team.

And I disagree with those who claim it's entirely their fault.

An audit is a check on documents which the company produces and the responsibility for producing those documents lies with Toni and ultimately Nicholas.

But having perused the accounts I should say the most interesting revelation is the dramatic change in Nicholas's signature between February 2015 and February 2016. Anyone with experience in handwriting and signature analysis may want to comment on the 3 inch long, 45 degree angled, right pointing line which has appeared as a final flourish.

What does that tell us ?

Interesting, Bert. Is it the swagger of a confident man or the last hurrah of a dead man walking?

3 hours ago, phantom said:

June 14 accounts.             June 15 Accounts 
Total issued shares.          8,154,720.                        8,167,690 (page 21)
Individual holdings

NH.                                    4,419,828.  54.2%            1,500,000. 18.36%

BB.                                        938,293. 11.51%             938,293.  11.5%

EW.                                       261,456.   3.21%             142,857.    1.75%

CJ.                                        132,192.    1.62%              35,714.    0.43%

Surely it has to be declared who has the missing shares?

maybe those shares are security on the Wonga loan?.

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Also with Pula Sport Limited now holding the shares in Bristol City Holdings, we don't know the ownership structure of Pula Sport. Not sure information is publicly available as a Guernsey registered company.

Info is NOT publicly available which does not sit well with a lot of fans. Temper that with the type of owner we have and I suppose one can argue he could walk on water.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Mitchell and Webb

I thought it was Hale & Pace.

16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am sure Aizoon will have his own view, but I saw this in the Bristol Post earlier.

Horfield

The name Horfield is Anglo-Saxon in origin, meaning filthy open land. Historically, the area had a reputation as a lawless place because Horfield Wood was the haunt of thieves and vagrants. The area remained rural until the early 19th century.

Same root as "whore". I think it refers to the spring line just beloww the summit, which also feeds the Memorial swamp.

It was all right here until the caravans moved on to the swamp :(

Edited by Aizoon

7 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Possibly somebody at GT printed off the wrong set of accounts?

The set issued in error showed current shareholding figures, which have now been replaced with a set showing the shareholding figures as at June 2015.

Maybe ...... :fear:

Maybe not.......:whistle:

I think :facepalm: you may find that the 'accounts' were a draft version and, as Eddie says above, the XXX will be replaced with actual figures (Please, Surely, nobody, even on OTIB, really expects officially audited accounts to contain XXX in respect of unrelieved tax losses/future taxable trading profits) and the 1.5M shares as opposed to 4.5M was, as I advised earlier, a simple typo.

GT's officially audited accounts, when released, will rectify the details contained in this premature, surely leaked version of their accounts.

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Interesting, Bert. Is it the swagger of a confident man or the last hurrah of a dead man walking?

I am hearing that Nicholas's 1 500 000 shares (18%) may be a reflection of the current position, not that at June 30th 2015, and therein lies the mistake.

This could mean the new investor has taken up a minority shareholding and could be outvoted by the current board and Geoffrey Dunford who will between them control 51% of the issued shares unless new shares have been issued.

If true it seems safe to assume the new investor is more likely to be an independent businessman rather than HH Prince Ali of Jordan himself and, having identified the undoubted business acumen of Nicholas and his colleagues, this person wishes them to remain in charge and look after his investment.    

There are rather a lot of these types of people in the Middle East and most of them don't wear the kind of vests you find at Marks & Spencer.