IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

51 minutes ago, Hello said:

Apparently some presser at around half one

As a Gashead, i am wary and interested and excited 

I have never been one to knock SL. This is the world of football now. Your  struggles for want of a better word and the demands to stay in the championship require money even for the lowest spending clubs with wages and transfer seemingly increasing all the time.

I for one hipe this is a positive for us and for you guys as well. I would rather see both clubs battling each other in the championship or Prem than what we have had for too long

Welcome. Never seen you on here before - and I guess that's what makes me smile.

On this day, when seemingly good news for your lot is to be announced, your first stopping off point is to the forum of your rivals. I don't understand why - other than you thought you'd be able to witness and report back how mortified and worried we all are, instead of which you find us all pretty ambivalent.

We really don't care that you've sold your birthright to a foreign investor. You'll live or die with the consequences. If it works out for you then in a few years, you can dream of being where we are now - but by then, we will have moved on. Of course, if it doesn't work out for you, then it could prove to be the end of everything. For us, it really doesn't matter one jot. Report that back!

Oh and Miah is one of yours btw.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just because he's Jordanian doesn't automatically mean the family is filthy rich. There's barely any info on them online, if their wealth was something really impressive surely there'd be something online about them.

There are very few filthy rich Jordanians...

Having visited the country the first thing you learn is they have no oil industry like the Saudis, no real water supply because Israel took that as part of the war for the establishment of Israel and the country makes its money generally through having very good universities and hospitals (which wealthy middle easterners pay to attend). 

As the only stable arab country in that region it is also home to possibly the worlds largest refugee population totalling of millions if not tens of millions by now thanks to all the conflict surrounding it.

It also is almost totally land locked bar a short stretch of access to the red sea and is about 75% desert and 25% farmland.

Jordanians are not wealthy people and by and large live a comfortable existence thanks to the things mentioned above, tourism and likely a hefty wedge from the US and Europe. 

Edited by Sydneybcfc

21 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Welcome. Never seen you on here before - and I guess that's what makes me smile.

On this day, when seemingly good news for your lot is to be announced, your first stopping off point is to the forum of your rivals. I don't understand why - other than you thought you'd be able to witness and report back how mortified and worried we all are, instead of which you find us all pretty ambivalent.

We really don't care that you've sold your birthright to a foreign investor. You'll live or die with the consequences. If it works out for you then in a few years, you can dream of being where we are now - but by then, we will have moved on. Of course, if it doesn't work out for you, then it could prove to be the end of everything. For us, it really doesn't matter one jot. Report that back!

I

1 minute ago, Sydneybcfc said:

There are very few filthy rich Jordanians...

Having visited the country the first thing you learn is they have no oil industry like the Saudis, no real water supply because Israel took that as part of the war for the establishment of Israel and the country makes its money generally through having very good universities and hospitals (which wealthy middle easterners pay to attend). 

As the only stable arab country in that region it is also home to possibly the worlds largest refugee population totalling of millions if not tens of millions by now thanks to all the conflict surrounding it.

It also is almost totally land locked bar a short stretch of access to the red sea and is about 75% desert and 25% farmland.

Jordanians are not wealthy people and by and large live a comfortable existence thanks to the things mentioned above, tourism and likely a hefty wedge from the Us and Europe. 

True, people are making assumptions because it's middle eastern.

It doesn't appear they are *that* wealthy and being foreign there's a risk they won't 'get' what it is to own a British team and things go wrong.

9 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

What's the wealth of the family? 

Based on the only info it seems myself and one other have found online, it's about £70m. 

No idea whether that's current, or whether that's based on assets/investments though.

That may well be totally incorrect. All I did was googled the name and net worth.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

True, people are making assumptions because it's middle eastern.

It doesn't appear they are *that* wealthy and being foreign there's a risk they won't 'get' what it is to own a British team and things go wrong.

Don't get me wrong, there is always money to be made in banking and the family are likely very wealthy.

Jordan is possibly one of the best places I've ever visited but the wealth there is on a totally different scale to the emirates or Saudi. 

Most of Amman is like you'd imagine, reasonably poor and absolutely nothing like Dubai.

3 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Don't get me wrong, there is always money to be made in banking and the family are likely very wealthy.

Jordan is possibly one of the best places I've ever visited but the wealth there is on a totally different scale to the emirates or Saudi. 

Most of Amman is like you'd imagine, reasonably poor and absolutely nothing like Dubai.

I would really like to visit the Middle East. Never experienced it and curious to know more. Some of the food in that area is great.

32 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I

11 minutes ago, Hello said:

I

Well it wasnt my first port of call but anyway.

I was just interested in the reaction on here and offered my opinion. Not like i have come here to rub it in your faces

I am not a bitter City or Rovers fan trying to belittle either side. I havent slagged your club off or your chair.

As I say I hope this is a positive time for both clubs. Whilst soke on both sides would rather the other doesnt exist, i would rather have a competitive, rivalry as high up the leagues as possible

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would really like to visit the Middle East. Never experienced it and curious to know more. Some of the food in that area is great.

Well it was better when you could do Syria/Jordan/Egypt/Israel but sadly its a bit tasty round there at the moment and i only did Jordan anyway.

Highly recommend Petra, the place is out of this world.

8 minutes ago, Hello said:

I

I was just interested in the reaction on here and offered my opinion. Not like i have come here to rub it in your faces

I am not a bitter City or Rovers fan trying to belittle either side. I havent slagged your club off or your chair.

As I say I hope this is a positive time for both clubs. Whilst soke on both sides would rather the other doesnt exist, i would rather have a competitive, rivalry as high up the leagues as possible

We've all slagged off your chairs.

Plastic patio furniture lovers that you are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Take out funding UWE and that's halved. Who knows, one things for sure if I was a rovers fan I'd be cautiously optimistic but definitely want to know plans going forward and how things would be funded.  Last thing they want to do is be renting the new ground as example. I'd imagine we'd be the same if in same situation.

Press conference at 1:30 then 

And forgetting the fact that if they are only worth 70 million they probably don't want to spunk all their cash on a crap football club.

My guess is they want to own a football club in England because it will make things easier for them to grow their business here.

If I was a Rovers fan I would be very skeptical about this unless it turns out they have billions... (I am assuming they don't because they would of set their sights a bit higher than the horse punchers)

Edited by Collis1

27 minutes ago, Hello said:

I

I'd rather we could keep your smug sag faces rubbed into the dirt in the little leagues and that you went out of business. But we can't always get what we want eh?!  Never mind, I'm sure the BRFC 15ers  gift will keep on giving either way!