IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

It could just be my own cynicism but if I was a banker with a lot of dosh looking to buy a football club I think I'd probably have more interest in Aston Villa: ground very fit for purpose, parachute payments incoming if they don't stay in the Prem, supported by a Prince who is current president of the FA and a future King of England, with a former governor of the Bank of England on the board, than a League Two football club with planning permission for a stadium on a University's land and doing pretty well in League Two.

Perhaps just my own cynicism but I just can't understand 'why?'.

Bristol Rovers have confirmed they have been taken over by the Jordanian Al-Qadi family. 

Wael Al-Qadi will become president of the club.

The family have taken a 92 per cent shareholding in the League Two club. 

Former Swansea City chairman Steve Hamer is Rovers' new chairman, with Nick Higgs standing down.

13:29

Bristol Rovers have confirmed they have been taken over by the Jordanian Al-Qadi family. 

Wael Al-Qadi will become president of the club.

The family have taken a 92 per cent shareholding in the League Two club. 

Former Swansea City chairman Steve Hamer is Rovers' new chairman, with Nick Higgs standing down.

32 minutes ago, Malago said:

£35m to build UWE,

£8m to pay off Higgs

£3m to pay off Wonga

£20-30m to buy a team to get to championship.

That's an investment of £66-76m before you even start thinking about ongoing losses of paying players £5k a week with crowds averaging 10 k at absolute max.

Selling the Mem should cover the new ground - paying Wonga is the main thing for the club, else they would have lost everything. So possible a good investment for them, new stadium for £3 million - will be interesting to see how things go, a few years of yet before we will see anything worthwhile I imagine.