IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, southbristol said:

Abdulkader Abdullah Al Qadi holds 1 appointment at 1 active company, has resigned from 0 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. Abdulkader began their first appointment at the age of 73. Their longest current appointment spans 8 years, 4 months and 19 days at JORDAN INTERNATIONAL BANK PLC

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Abdulkader holds a current appointment equals £137k, a combined total current assets value of £335.9m with a total current liabilities of £281.3m and a total current net worth of £61m. Roles associated with Abdulkader Abdullah Al Qadi within the recorded businesses include: Director

Slightly less than £10billion, then :noexp: 

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

bunch of hypocrites !! saying we sold out to lansdown, and the club are his plaything and will get bored and sell us up the swanney,  now its ok for them to take the new investment ? 

in lansdown we trust ..............

Exactly my thoughts. You couldn't make it up really, reckon they should change their name to 'Bristol Jokers'

8 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

So are they worth 70million or 1.05 billion? 

the billion is the banks assets, not how much the owner has. He can no more use the banks assets on Rovers than SL can use his firms assets on City... 

Anyway, it's good news, about time this City had two decent clubs and not 2 amateur joke outfits.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

the billion is the banks assets, not how much the owner has. He can no more use the banks assets on Rovers than SL can use his firms assets on City... 

Anyway, it's good news, about time this City had two decent clubs and not 2 amateur joke outfits.

Not sure I'll live long enough to see that, and I include us in that statement too.

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

If Uwe is built that'll be nigh on 49,000 seats to fill every fortnight in this previously largely luke-warm football city. Gonna take some filling

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

If Uwe is built that'll be nigh on 49,000 seats to fill every fortnight in this previously largely luke-warm football city. Gonna take some filling

With success will come the fans, it's getting the success. Anyway, about time we started getting more people interested in local sport and away from being Manc supporters - lets see what Bristol Sport really can do !!!

22 minutes ago, Olé said:

Do you think they will go full blown Hull Tigers / Cardiff Dragons and rename them the Bristol Black Arabs?*

*Not racist, that was their original name. 

It was!...What made me laugh was the not racist disclaimer!....What have we come to!

Either way, I think City often do better when Sags are doing well, I welcome the competition that should take about another five years 

Edited by REDOXO

If any good comes of this (other than disinterested foreigners running them into obscurity - here's hoping!) it's that no doubt it'll make those in charge at BCFC/BS realise that things don't stand still, and we can't rest on our laurels and assume that we're the only club in the region with aspirations. 

As much fun as it is to take the piss, things can change very quickly in football and you can certainly find success stories where overseas investment is concerned. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ojjy said:

I wonder how long it'll be before they play in red and are renamed the Bristol Pirates!

Ironically they used to be known as the " Black Arabs " perhaps that persuaded the Jordanian bankers .

Joking aside, for the new owners this could represent a good bit of business . However we feel about the Gas they do have potential with the right investment and a following that many League 1 and 2 clubs would be more than happy with .

i feel , as they're not going to sod off , that a strong Rovers can only be good for City as the competition would mean that our club have to up their game to keep in front .

However , knowing Bristol football , they'll probably find a way to shoot themselves in the foot and end up as a joke référence on one of those up your own backside programmes with Stephen Fry , Anus Deayton or Paul Merton .

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If any good comes of this (other than disinterested foreigners running them into obscurity - here's hoping!) it's that no doubt it'll make those in charge at BCFC/BS realise that things don't stand still, and we can't rest on our laurels and assume that we're the only club in the region with aspirations. 

As much fun as it is to take the piss, things can change very quickly in football and you can certainly find success stories where overseas investment is concerned. 

And plenty of failures too.