IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

And plenty of failures too. 

No doubt - but just because you hope it fails doesn't mean it will. 

Varying circumstances in all cases of course but how many Portsmouth fans thought little old Bournemouth would be three leagues above them a few years back? 

They'd have been beside themselves with laughter at the notion. 

It should come as a timely reminder that standing around assuming you're always going to be the big fish can be a dangerous game. 

• Like 6

I can't believe how excited they all are. Similar take overs have been catastrophic for other clubs.  The fact all of the current board have stepped down would concern me because there is no voice of reason if they do something canon and try and change the clubs name or colours etc...

Add to that, nobody seems to know how much money they have and are willing to invest?! They could just take out loans in the clubs name and not invest their own cash = disaster.

Interesting that Hicks didn't want to talk about how much money was involved etc?! Probably because if the fans knew then there would be carnage.

Edited by Collis1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Here's the Gulf Weekly from January last year.

The reporter, Stan Szecowka, is apparently a former deputy editor of the BEP.

http://www.gulfweekly.com/Articles/33320

I just dug out my copy of Gulf Weekly from January 2015, and all I can see is an article about Rory McIlroy winning the US Open.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Considering that Gloucester Rugby was sold for around £20m last week I'd say £70m is massively overpriced for the Rovers.

Potential or not I'd rather have a profitable Premiership rugby team than a football club that was only promoted out of non-league 8 months ago.

Bloody hell - even I'm not that deluded! :clapping:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

According to the sell out franchise we're "gutted" http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5985/sh-gutted-pantsdowns

...couple of morons rather hilariously 'jumping the gun' on that thread (apart from the OP who sounds like he/she has mental issues and a serious inferiority complex). Some others are wisely more cautious...

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

According to the sell out franchise we're "gutted" http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5985/sh-gutted-pantsdowns

Just had a read and my god they really do have some ******* bellends on there. The bitterness to us and the jealously is actually in-bedded in their sad souls. This bitterness and hatred will be taken to their graves!:laugh:

20 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Why has one of their own fans replied in massive letters #MINDTHEGAP and then three sags liked the post?

Are they completely thick or what? Or are they just ignoring a dozen odd league positions and the whole of League One?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

13 minutes ago, City169 said:

I stopped after the first line, where it suggests Rovers are known throughout the world.

Yep, must be a typo, 'despised' is probably the word they were looking for.

However ridiculous and desperate the article may appear, it seems possible someone may have been persuaded by it.

Bewildering.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I find it strange that higgs is quoted as saying the sainsburys case is now insignificant 

It is, and probably because the reason the investors want to do the deal is the value of a large piece of land off Gloucester Road which they can develop and get the profit from. 

Buy the club for a small sum, get ownership of the land. Build the new ground and then develop the land, even if it costs X to build uwe, profit for development on y gives £millions.

Rovers get a new ground, which is what they want, Jordanians get a profit, which is what they want. One thing I'd be fairly sure of is that there isn't going to be a huge injection of gulf cash, and could equally see the investors walking when the above transactions are complete...