IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Do u think it will be like that one a few years ago , I think it was Notts county and they were gonna get Sven in etc and it turned out the new owner didn't have to ha'pennys to rub together. My own opinion is that I couldn't care less as I will never intend to go see /support them no matter what ... Always CTID..!! COYR

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

...couple of morons rather hilariously 'jumping the gun' on that thread (apart from the OP who sounds like he/she has mental issues and a serious inferiority complex). Some others are wisely more cautious...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Do they really call it the 'Gas house', wtf is a gas house? Only think that comes to mind is a gas chamber, surely they don't want to be linked to those?

As for 'chasing you down' - that's been going on for some time now, not really working out for you, is it, baggins? I'd also pick you up on the 'achieved nothing' part, but I doubt you're intelligent enough to even start that debate

• Like 4

If true, and the investment comes  then good luck to them. 

As mentioned, the football league is littered with stories of foreign takeovers gone wrong. Forest, Cardiff, Leeds, Villa. Even Liverpool and Man Utd. Fans unhappy at ticket prices, outrageous levels of debt etc etc. 

At best, if if they become more competitive as a result then I can only see that as good for Bristol.

As for our rivalry, there may finally be some genuine competition. Doesn't bother me at all.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, southbristol said:

even the new club president is deluded, half a minute in......... have a listen

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1kvJpzqMwooKE

To be fair he seems genuine, talking about not large pots of money, bringing on players, academy etc  just hope that Higgs and co have not mugged him and he has done some due diligence (though 40k for the conference final ? suggest he's let himself be swayed a little by his heart and not mind).

• Like 1

Interesting times in which we live, and in some way a sad reflection of those times. Taking the fact it is 'them' out of it, another football club goes foreign.

Going to have to watch what happens now really. The rivalry notwithstanding, in many ways I do hope it is really somebody who has an interest in local football, and not somebody who is just going to see it as a play thing. 

Edited by cityexile

I am sure that Higgs and co have followed the route of previous Gas Chairmen and boards. Played the "big I am" for a few years made lots of promises and then got themselves rescued at the last minute. They are running down Gloucester Road now with most of the money in their pockets, hoping no one notices them behind the smokescreen they have laid behind them.

The only other people to benefit from this will be the venture capitalists who they had borrowed the money from.

4 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

Just googled the richest Jordanians. Cant find any mention of them but I did find out that the wealthiest Jordanian has £2.5 billion and the third richest has £111 million. Soooooooo I don't Know how £65billion has gone so far under the radar? 

Probably Jordanian Fulus.