IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I was listening to their new owner and was wondering if he even realises there's a bigger club in Bristol? 'The city and people of Bristol are wonderful', 'Nick, who are this Bristol CITY? You never mentioned them' as Nick roars out of the car park with his £8M cheque and a fast boarding ticket to Italy!

He's making the right noises but saying nothing. 'Need a new stadium', not saying where, stating that £Millions will not be being spent and 'organic growth', sounds like he's gonna keep his £70M in his pocket to me.

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

I find it strange that higgs is quoted as saying the sainsburys case is now insignificant 

Yes why is Piggs jumping ship if he was confident of winning against Sainsburys he would have waited till next month to collect his share of 30 million. He knows some thing and he has cut his losses and run.This could all go wrong big time

• Like 1

Buying a club is the easy bit, spending your (or venture capitalists money I would assume in this instance) is the hard bit. 

It'll be ran as a going concern as the revenue they generate will not make them break even, how long will that wash with the business model they are looking to implement?

So we run at a loss, yes that's a bad thing but we have a fan who understands and is committed to our future. 

A few years of losses, not getting things their way and it'll all come down like a house of cards.

Good luck to them (as much as I absolutely detest saying it) I think that they are going to need it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I looked over Jordan and I what did I see?

out of the corner of my eye.

I saw Irene in her burkha down on here knees,

blowing bankers by the three.

They swing low and they swing both ways,

they shag camels everyday,

they swing low and they swing both ways,

but Sainsbury’s will still end their days.

I've Often wondered what the lyrics were,thanks for clearing that up for me.

• Admin

God the moderation is a bit harsh on their site. Saw a Red got banned for this considered post :/

I'm defiantly not gutted. Obviously you are all getting a bit excited about, which is fair enough, the same happened when Lansdown happened. 
If anything, this may make City push further on, for obvious reasons. 

There is however a danger to the deal you've just done, just hope it ends positively for you lot.

Banned.

Woo woo!

Am I the only one that finds this thread rather cringe..?

I personally think it's great that Rovers have been bought out and I hope they manage to get to the Championship so we can have two proper clubs in Bristol that can enjoy proper derby's.

I was actually talking to a Celtic fan the other day and even he was saying that he can't wait until Rangers get back up to the top flight so I don't understand all the cringe worthy insults coming out. I mean honestly, saying the guy (who is obviously very wealthy) looks like he is wearing a cheap suit? Are we back in the playground!?

Anyway, i'm sure now some of the 'old boys' or the 'real fans' will tear this apart but oh well! Do your worst!

Good luck Rovers and hopefully the next time you play us we'll both be in the Championship or better giving you a 6-0 thrashing! :) 

Edited by pigeon
  • Like 4

I love how optimistic they all are about this, a few years back it would have been a bigger deal but with FFP moves like this don't carry as much weight. Granted they may now have the external funds for a new stadium and better facilities, but it's not like they can buy the league by getting better players in. Ultimately clubs have to be run well and have good management teams in to succeed. If the new owner makes a balls up of that then it makes no difference, and you end up being Darlington mk.2. 

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

God the moderation is a bit harsh on their site. Saw a Red got banned for this considered post :/

I'm defiantly not gutted. Obviously you are all getting a bit excited about, which is fair enough, the same happened when Lansdown happened. 
If anything, this may make City push further on, for obvious reasons. 

There is however a danger to the deal you've just done, just hope it ends positively for you lot.

Banned.

Woo woo!

Yeah, but we're all shitheads, aren't we? All South Bristol, out of work, whereas they are "Family club" "passion", "loyal, never boo" etc, etc.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pigeon said:

I personally think it's great that Rovers have been bought out and I hope they manage to get to the Championship so we can have two proper clubs in Bristol that can enjoy proper derby's.

I was actually talking to a Celtic fan the other day and even he was saying that he can't wait until Rangers get back up to the top flight so I don't understand all the cringe worthy insults coming out. I mean honestly, saying the guy (who is obviously very wealthy) looks like he is wearing a cheap suit? Are we back in the playground!?

Anyway, i'm sure now some of the 'old boys' or the 'real fans' will tear this apart but oh well! Do your worst!

Good luck Rovers and hopefully the next time you play us we'll be in the Championship or better giving you a 6-0 thrashing! :) 

I smell ........

Nah on joking. You are entitled to your view just as i am entitled to think that they are ******* scum that should find a quiet corner somewhere and die.

• Like 5

This appears a brilliant thing in terms of short term gain for the gas. It appears they've successfully navigated through the choppy waters of the Sainsbury's debacle. 

But long term, I'm not quite so sure. I'm not sure I want them to go out of business, that'd be quite sad (in the long term, although hilarious in the short term), but now they've got a family in charge whose money is more important to them than the club. 

At least we know that SL supports us and everything he does is for the good of the club... Random Rich (ish) foreign investors, I'm not quite so sure. 

I hope there are some realistic gas fans out there. This isn't quite the exciting news most of them think it is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Iron Man said:

According to the sell out franchise we're "gutted" http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5985/sh-gutted-pantsdowns

Hang on a minute.... I'm confused...... Has one of them written #Mindthegap ?

I'm not sure they quite understand that it only works if your team is higher in the league tables- Mind you it has been a long time since they were.

Edited by cider-manc

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

I smell ........

Nah on joking. You are entitled to your view just as i am entitled to think that they are ******* scum that should find a quiet corner somewhere and die.

Couldn't agree more, I have no thoughts towards Rovers as I am still a relatively young fan (25) and since I've been supporting City we've never had a proper competitive game with them so they don't even really feel like a rival. The likes of Yeovil, Swindon and Cardiff feel more like rivals to me!

Can you imagine the atmosphere if we were both playing at a decent level? 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This appears a brilliant thing in terms of short term gain for the gas. It appears they've successfully navigated through the choppy waters of the Sainsbury's debacle. 

But long term, I'm not quite so sure. I'm not sure I want them to go out of business, that'd be quite sad (in the long term, although hilarious in the short term), but now they've got a family in charge whose money is more important to them than the club. 

At least we know that SL supports us and everything he does is for the good of the club... Random Rich (ish) foreign investors, I'm not quite so sure. 

I hope there are some realistic gas fans out there. This isn't quite the exciting news most of them think it is. 

Well the sags I work with didn't seem too excited about it,just sort of apprehensive.

4 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Good luck Rovers and hopefully the next time you play us we'll be in the Championship or better giving you a 6-0 thrashing! :) 

You're entitled to your opinion, personally your post makes me want vomit.................over you.

• Like 4

Personally I feel totally indifferent to it all, seems strange that Higgs, Bradshaw and Jelf have gone completely, a lot years involvement between the three of them, also find it strange that there are much bigger clubs in the lower divisions they could of pumped money into rather than a North Bristol/South Glos' footballing backwater

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No doubt - but just because you hope it fails doesn't mean it will. 

Varying circumstances in all cases of course but how many Portsmouth fans thought little old Bournemouth would be three leagues above them a few years back? 

They'd have been beside themselves with laughter at the notion. 

It should come as a timely reminder that standing around assuming you're always going to be the big fish can be a dangerous game. 

I don't think big fish are to be seen standing around ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Good luck Rovers and hopefully the next time you play us we'll both be in the Championship or better giving you a 6-0 thrashing! :) 

Probably not, I'm sure TMOR will be along shortly...

Can't stand them myself, but what will be will be (I know a song about that!)

They'll get their ground, no doubt in my mind, can't see al bundy would have got involved if that was in doubt. But we'll have been in our fully refurbished ground for a couple of years or more by then, and expect  us to have pulled away a bit further if anything.

In all seriousness like someone has alluded to already isn't it a bit odd that their main board members have all jumped ship at the first opportunity as well?!
'They were looking at L1 and L2 clubs to buy' OK so how many clubs have they approached?

We'll see how it goes, some interesting times ahead for both clubs it seems.