IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

It's not like the gas to make up numbers is it

anyway I'm going to bring this thread back in a years time

i just have a massive feeling this is a land grab for development and the gas may well end up like many other clubs who sold out

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Personally I feel totally indifferent to it all, seems strange that Higgs, Bradshaw and Jelf have gone completely, a lot years involvement between the three of them, also find it strange that there are much bigger clubs in the lower divisions they could of pumped money into rather than a North Bristol/South Glos' footballing backwater

Potential fanbase is one reason

Be sure,this will hit us hard, IF they buy in a new fan base, what I mean by that is the floating fan enticed into cheap.entertainment lets use Bradford as an example, 17,000 season ticktets at £99 that's value for money and I think these buggers in charge know exactly what to do, may we see a Gas version of Sport South Gloucester!

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:
mariobalotelli
Reserve Team
24 minutes ago
@indykaila Bristol Rovers have announced they have been taken over by the Al-Qadi family. They want to sign #Ronaldinho.

Seen a few accounts mention this now...

Obviously. You know, shopping around for a League One or Two club shows that they are very ambitious, money is no object and they are clearly in it to spend big... doesn't it?

32 minutes ago, Ian M said:

God the moderation is a bit harsh on their site. Saw a Red got banned for this considered post :/

I'm defiantly not gutted. Obviously you are all getting a bit excited about, which is fair enough, the same happened when Lansdown happened. 
If anything, this may make City push further on, for obvious reasons. 

There is however a danger to the deal you've just done, just hope it ends positively for you lot.

Banned.

Woo woo!

been banned also...
just for saying they didn't take many to accrington..

29 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Am I the only one that finds this thread rather cringe..?

I personally think it's great that Rovers have been bought out and I hope they manage to get to the Championship so we can have two proper clubs in Bristol that can enjoy proper derby's.

I was actually talking to a Celtic fan the other day and even he was saying that he can't wait until Rangers get back up to the top flight so I don't understand all the cringe worthy insults coming out. I mean honestly, saying the guy (who is obviously very wealthy) looks like he is wearing a cheap suit? Are we back in the playground!?

Anyway, i'm sure now some of the 'old boys' or the 'real fans' will tear this apart but oh well! Do your worst!

Good luck Rovers and hopefully the next time you play us we'll both be in the Championship or better giving you a 6-0 thrashing! :) 

Erm.. I was joking about the cheap suit thing @pigeon. Difficult to gauge tone over a forum though. It was in response to the ludicrous tweet about the family being worth over £60b.

I do actually agree with your point that it would be quite a spectacle to have a regular and competitive Derby with Rovers. I'm quite proud that the Bristol Derby is regularly in the top 10 "fiercest derbies" in the country that newspapers do every so often. Not sure how long we can hold onto that if we occasionally play them in the JPT or the other cups. 

As long as they finish below us each season, have lower attendances, have a worse atmosphere and remain inferior to us in just about every way.. :shifty: I wouldn't actually mind having them in the same league 

On 12/4/2015 at 16:25, bert tann said:

Peter, let me put this one to bed once and for all by categorically denying that I am not a member of the consortium.

I do however admit to having a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball. 

Commiserations, my local recycling centre has a bin dedicated to Dyson cleaners,  

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Probably not, I'm sure TMOR will be along shortly...

Can't stand them myself, but what will be will be (I know a song about that!)

They'll get their ground, no doubt in my mind, can't see al bundy would have got involved if that was in doubt. But we'll have been in our fully refurbished ground for a couple of years or more by then, and expect  us to have pulled away a bit further if anything.

Just seen this and scanned quickly through this news...Blimey what a to-do, and yes I am flabbergasted and slightly jealous if it's true, as I suspect if (if) we were being honest we all are envious With a huge war chest Rovers will be a force to reckon with, all the way to knocking on the door to the Prem. Perhaps that what we need a kick up the backside, after all we have so underachieved it's embarrassing, Bristol need a team to be playing in the top flight, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ...PLEASE NOT THEM!!!

For all the Al-Qaeda fans trying to give it large and telling us that they are coming for us, here is a simple message......

You have to get promoted twice and build a 27k ground and get bigger gates than you have for the last 50 years just to catch up, :laugh:

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

For all the Al-Qaeda fans trying to give it large and telling us that they are coming for us, here is a simple message......

You have to get promoted twice and build a 27k ground and get bigger gates than you have for the last 50 years just to catch up, :laugh:

:banana::banana::banana::banana:,well worth the dancing bananas.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Erm.. I was joking about the cheap suit thing @pigeon. Difficult to gauge tone over a forum though. It was in response to the ludicrous tweet about the family being worth over £60b.

I do actually agree with your point that it would be quite a spectacle to have a regular and competitive Derby with Rovers. I'm quite proud that the Bristol Derby is regularly in the top 10 "fiercest derbies" in the country that newspapers do every so often. Not sure how long we can hold onto that if we occasionally play them in the JPT or the other cups. 

As long as they finish below us each season, have lower attendances, have a worse atmosphere and remain inferior to us in just about every way.. :shifty: I wouldn't actually mind having them in the same league 

I do apologize if it was meant as a joke then, as you said hard to gauge tone over a forum! Must say i'm relieved it was a joke as I was starting to worry about the average mental age of the otib population!

Im quite pleased with the gasheads acquisition. Be great to see both clubs in the championship (minimum) as my own son reaches his teens in 6 years time. Great banter lies ahead for him with the gas!  We can only dream of the promised land. I think its great for bcfc also. Lansdown will have local competition and will want to compete against the gas and remain the top bristol club . Great news for bristol in general. Bring back the derbies asap i say! 

37 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I smell ........

Nah on joking. You are entitled to your view just as i am entitled to think that they are ******* scum that should find a quiet corner somewhere and die.

That's a bit harsh mate.Ive got uncles,cousins friends and colleagues that are gas,I live north of river in south glos but they are not scum and I certainly wouldn't want them dead.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Commiserations, my local recycling centre has a bin dedicated to Dyson cleaners,  

Just seen this and scanned quickly through this news...Blimey what a to-do, and yes I am flabbergasted and slightly jealous if it's true, as I suspect if (if) we were being honest we all are envious With a huge war chest Rovers will be a force to reckon with, all the way to knocking on the door to the Prem. Perhaps that what we need a kick up the backside, after all we have so underachieved it's embarrassing, Bristol need a team to be playing in the top flight, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ...PLEASE NOT THEM!!!

Wow what an overreaction!

Sorry lads and possibly ladies, this does taste of sour grapes, I have continually tried to warn you over too much gloating, and now this!!! But some on here are acting like petulant kids, look on the positive side, a stronger Rovers always seem to push us on, and really it does put Bristol on the map more, too long been a Footballing backwater. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

They are claiming a fortune of 105billion now

not like the gas to talk shit and make figure up is it?

its 1.05 billion and that's the total amount of the banks asests a bank which they only have a 30% stake in 

the actual wealth the family have (remember this is only 1 of a few sons) is 70 million

they aren't even the richest club in league 2 

Seems to be some confusion amongst our blue friends that assets of their bank equals net worth. Not quite!

Really do not see this is going to make them the new Man City or Chelsea - let's be honest, if you are that rich, why start with Bristol Rovers? It would I assume secure their short term future. If I was them, I would take that as a start and see what happens from there. Seems some of them are frankly setting ludicrous expectations after a few hours.

Edited by cityexile