IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

More importantly, If £70m is true its very unlikely they will invest any of their own hard earned cash. They will take out loans which will shaft the club in the long run if it doesn't work out.

The glaziers are essentially doing the same thing at man united.

When Man Utd was bought though they had 70k+ stadium and were the world most commercially successful club (and pretty successful on the pitch too) - the debt for them is huge but serviceable. 

Marketing the sags and turning a profit is going to be a ridiculously difficult task....I'm sure the Jordanians are eyeing up a new bigger unit in Kingswood tonight probably next to some Charity shop for the new "Megastore"

I can't get my head around how they see this as a good investment other than through land ownership and or building a new stadium and having it as their asset. 

The football will be a secondary concern loaded with debt. 

2 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

When Man Utd was bought though they had 70k+ stadium and were the world most commercially successful club (and pretty successful on the pitch too) - the debt for them is huge but serviceable. 

Marketing the sags and turning a profit is going to be a ridiculously difficult task....I'm sure the Jordanians are eyeing up a new bigger unit in Kingswood tonight probably next to some Charity shop for the new "Megastore"

I can't get my head around how they see this as a good investment other than through land ownership and or building a new stadium and having it as their asset. 

The football will be a secondary concern loaded with debt. 

Agree. Thats what makes this so sinister. It seems like financial suicide unless they have a plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Steve Lansdown worth 2billion... Bristol Rovers new chairman worth 65billion.

The number keeps going up and up.............

I am sure it's been mentioned but if someone is worth £65 billion (sterling I presume) why would they buy a club worth, well, a few sheckles?

i suspect the net worth is somewhat wide of the mark. 

Look like decent buyers for Rovers though having taken over the assets of HSBC in Jordan and also in the hotel business. Looks like knights in shining armour.

The Gas get gobbled by Oil.

Good luck to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

It gets better....my delusional brother in law (who is a very sad sag) moments ago in a phone call crowing to me...I quote;

Him -"How does it feel to know we're as big as Chelsea and Man City now"

Me - "Your not"

Him - "Yes we are he's worth 1.5 Billion"

Me - "No he's not"

Him - "Well I can tell you now put money on us winning League Two next year"

Me - "No you won't"

Him - "Oh fxxk off"...hangs up

:yawn:

Their main wealth is the AJIB (who bought HSBC Jordan)  after tax that entire bank made just over 22 million in profit. Put that into context of our clubs accounts and losses, and you can see that these are not wealthy people who are going to plough lots of money into the club. More likely a sensible pair of hands that will inject cash and steer them safely, but nothing extravagant.

• Like 2

Not sure about what has happened but some odd Jordanian investing in Rovers apparently. Your oil is shit though. More like sand. Did you ever go to school? Notts County springs to mind. Shit happens but hopefully you are not as(s) cluesless as it looks. This City need stiif competition to wake Steve Lansdown and his poorly runned investment a live. Don't disappoint us.

Why are we labelling them "sell outs" and renaming the thread as such?

They've negotiated the sale of the club to a wealthy owner which clearly makes their future look more promising. Exactly how wealthy this person is seems to be debatable, but it would appear to be undeniable that this financially strengthens the club. I don't see why that's selling out? They haven't given up their blue and white quarters or compromised the identity of the club in any way that I can see?

If they're sell outs for welcoming a wealthy new owner, were we not the same when Lansdown arrived?

Seems to be a lot of comments on here trying to find reasons why this is bad news. It might be, depending on how the wealth is used and the club is run from this point forwards, but let's not deny that this looks to be - in very broad terms - good news for Rovers. If we pretend otherwise then we justify their claims of bitterness.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They've negotiated the sale of the club to a wealthy owner which clearly makes their future look more promising. Exactly how wealthy this person is seems to be debatable, but it would appear to be undeniable that this financially strengthens the club. I don't see why that's selling out? They haven't given up their blue and white quarters or compromised the identity of the club in any way that I can see?

If they're sell outs for welcoming a wealthy new owner, were we not the same when Lansdown arrived?

Seems to be a lot of comments on here trying to find reasons why this is bad news. It might be, depending on how the wealth is used and the club is run from this point forwards, but let's not deny that this looks to be - in very broad terms - good news for Rovers. If we pretend otherwise then we justify their claims of bitterness.

I think the sell out jibes are mainly in response to the jibes we've taken re Lansdown. 

But I agree. In the short term this is excellent news for them. Going out of business looked a not too distant reality.

And am I the only one who thinks a rebrand to Bristol Black Arabs would be pretty ******* cool? I think it's genius. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think its more to do with their hypocritical stance and how they'd never be taken by a rich owner... always the peoples club ;)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's a lottery. Why not Braintree Town in the Premier League? Not that the Jordanian tossers now about Braintree. It's a sick world.

Edited by bristolcitysweden

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think the sell out jibes are mainly in response to the jibes we've taken re Lansdown. 

But I agree. In the short term this is excellent news for them. Going out of business looked a not too distant reality.

And am I the only one who thinks a rebrand to Bristol Black Arabs would be pretty ******* cool? I think it's genius. 

a more innocent age "a rebrand to Bristol Black Arabs would be pretty ******* cool?"

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

10 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

I think its more to do with their hypocritical stance and how they'd never be taken by a rich owner... always the peoples club ;)

I get what you're saying but I still don't think relabelling the thread "sell out" does anything other than make us look bitter, because it doesn't really describe the situation. Not a clever call by the mods, in my opinion.