IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

I think its more to do with their hypocritical stance and how they'd never be taken by a rich owner... always the peoples club ;)

Exactly this. They are on the brink of becoming the very thing they've always claimed to despise and they're loving it.

Long, long way to go before its known whether this is going to be good for them or not. I think it's a bit bizarre that this has happened before the findings of the Appeal Court are known, presumably Higgs and Co are far from confident of a good outcome against Sainsburys.

They'd do well not to gloat too much until they've actually achieved something, they'll be subject to the same financial rules that we are, likewise we would be wise not to write off these investors straight away. One thing is for sure, as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't swap them for the Lansdowns. At least we know our guys are committed to the club and our future.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Exactly this. They are on the brink of becoming the very thing they've always claimed to despise and they're loving it.

Long, long way to go before its known whether this is going to be good for them or not. I think it's a bit bizarre that this has happened before the findings of the Appeal Court are known, presumably Higgs and Co are far from confident of a good outcome against Sainsburys.

They'd do well not to gloat too much until they've actually achieved something, they'll be subject to the same financial rules that we are, likewise we would be wise not to write off these investors straight away. One thing is for sure, as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't swap them for the Lansdowns. At least we know our guys are committed to the club and our future.

But what "thing" have they become that "they always claimed to despise"?

They have more money but the identity of the club remains unchanged. Are you saying if you asked 100 Rovers fans in the street if they wanted more money to make their club more competitive they would all say they "despise" that? I doubt that.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Why don't you **** off to the rovers forum

rather then be all high and mighty about their take over as if it suddenly justifies them,

nothing has change they still haven't got a new ground or spent a penny

Well constructed reply, not. Sounds like you are in a bit of denial here. It must mean they will become a real adversary to us, something to look forward to, unless you actually enjoy having the stigma in Bristol of having a non league outfit that actually does Bristol City FC no favours at all, especially when we are lumped together with them by the less well informed.   As Sweden says this might encourage SL to kick on a bit more, especially with the Bristol Sport ethos, can't see he would want to be considered the poor man of Bristol Sport really.

What do you say Monkeh? Think before you type mind, just for a change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Why don't you **** off to the rovers forum

rather then be all high and mighty about their take over as if it suddenly justifies them,

nothing has change they still haven't got a new ground or spent a penny

New server all over the place, new balls please.

Edited by ten minutes of rough

I don't know why people get so funny about this. Who cares what they do. Good on them - there is no loyalty in football these days from a player perspective so why should it be any different when it comes to who the owner is or how much money they're prepared to plow in to their club.  Years ago I'm sure many here would have accepted a similar situation at our club. Luckily we have SL.

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 1

Having listened to the interview with the new owners sounds like they aren't going to splash the cash other than pay off the outstanding debts, more interested in developing from the academy. I'm not sure they're as wealthy as some think or they'd be after a bigger club than the Gas.

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2016-02-19/jordanian-billionaire-why-i-bought-bristol-rovers/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

I don't know why people get so funny about this. Who cares what they do. Good on them - there is no loyalty in football these days from a player perspective so why should it be any different when it comes to who the owner is or how much money they're prepared to plow in to their club.  Years ago I'm sure many here would have accepted a similar situation at our club. Luckily we have SL.

Plough...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But what "thing" have they become that "they always claimed to despise"?

They have more money but the identity of the club remains unchanged. Are you saying if you asked 100 Rovers fans in the street if they wanted more money to make their club more competitive they would all say they "despise" that? I doubt that.

'Claimed' to despise CR....I never believed them for a second

At the end of the day they are now the 'plaything' of a very wealthy man...a 'Sugardaddy'. In the past a lot of their fans have critisised and mocked City for the way we are financed however as soon as a foreign investor with a few quid comes along promising the good times they're quite happy to forget about that.

Personally I think it's a good thing if only because they won't be able to use the same excuses anymore about lack of money being the reason why their crowds and league position don't match ours. It'll be interesting to see how confident they are with their new owners if things go badly...how often have we heard predictions of Lansdown walking away leaving us fuq ed? Good luck with the Jordanian Chelsea fan if it all goes tits up.

Maybe it won't go tits up, who knows? I just think they don't realise (some Gasheads) how difficult it actually is to buy success....not that they'd ever wet their pants with excitement about the mere suggestion of buying success. :disapointed2se:

• Like 1

Some of the numbers being thrown around are laughable.

The family own 31.1% of the bank Arab Jordan Investment Bank according to a piece earlier in the thread.

There are 150,000,000 shares in AJIB with a current value of JOD1.78/share.

Total market capitalisation of AJIB: JOD267,000,000.

31.1% of JOD267,000,000 = JOD83,037,000.

JOD1 = GBP0.98

JOD83,037,000 = GBP 81,456,081

Prices from: http://sdc.com.jo/english/index.php?option=com_public&Itemid=28&security_report=111005

Translate above link to English and the family members showing as shareholders are: Abdulkadir Abdullah Ahmad Judge, Hani Abdel Qader Abdullah judge, Samer Abdul Kader Abdullah judge, Wael Abdul Qader Abdullah judge - those names give us a 30.19% stake in AJIB so the family stake in AJIB may be slightly less than calculated.

They've probably got other business interests but Sheik Mansour this is most definitely not.

Edited by View from the Dolman
  • Like 4

First benefit South Gloucestershire Rovers will be they are no longer have an administration cloud over their heads.

It looks like they will get their new ground.

But irrespective of these two pieces of good news for them, they will come up against is FFP. That won't really go away until they have their new ground. It's going to take a few years for this good fortune to manifest itself in real terms.

I wish them well but they should be mindful of other clubs who have had great news like this and it's all gone sour. For some reason I think of Portsmouth, Leeds, Cardiff etc. and think, City are very fortunate to have a benefactor who was actually a fan of the club before taking it over.

1 hour ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Well constructed reply, not. Sounds like you are in a bit of denial here. It must mean they will become a real adversary to us, something to look forward to, unless you actually enjoy having the stigma in Bristol of having a non league outfit that actually does Bristol City FC no favours at all, especially when we are lumped together with them by the less well informed.   As Sweden says this might encourage SL to kick on a bit more, especially with the Bristol Sport ethos, can't see he would want to be considered the poor man of Bristol Sport really.

What do you say Monkeh? Think before you type mind, just for a change. 

He is still in denial over his shit rantings over the summer about how he knew cotts and burt had our transfer dealings well under control and how anyone who dared question them or him was clueless... Then wasn't to be seen for months from sept 1st onwards...some posters you miss and when they come back you are glad...others...well!!

• Like 2