IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

What's really telling is that Rovers' fans have mentioned Bristol City as much, if not more, than their new owners since the takeover was announced. Are we the limit of their ambitions?

We should be flattered, but attention from them makes me a little queasy.

I wonder how this will affect their fanbase once the dust has settled on the deal, as well? They will now have to live with the pressure of a club that has money to spend, and that can be as bad as it can be good.

One final thing to any gasheads who are reading this:

I, NOR ANY OTHER CITY FAN I HAVE SPOKEN TO ABOUT THIS, ARE JEALOUS OF YOUR NEW OWNERS. THINK ABOUT OUR OWNERSHIP, WHERE WE ARE WITH OUR STADIUM AND WHAT DIVISION WE ARE IN AND OUR SITUATION GOING FORWARD IS NOT A HYPOTHETICAL ONE.

SORRY IT IS IN BOLD LETTERS, BUT CLEARLY THAT IS A REQUIREMENT TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE NOT JEALOUS OF YOU AND WE DO NOT FEAR YOU AND SOME OF US EVEN  FIND IT FUNNY.

YOURS SINCERELY

THAT GERT JEALOUS 'TED 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GazSaid said:

Great banter on this thread, also masses of total, total bollocks.

Pfft.......I take it you haven't scrawled through the masses of hysteria and comedy gold that is the rovers forums in the last 24 hours

3 hours ago, GazSaid said:

By the way I've always been here, I've not crawed out of the woodwork - i'm on my third otib username, it must ran by the tool in your avatar, because the mods seem to ban gasheads for innocuous posts.

Don't say bye, this thread is bread-and-butter for otib....

If you've been banned before then you would have no doubt acted the dick or continually broke rules........plenty of sags on here who post regularly and have banter. unlike your forums, we don't just ban people because they support the other team (check out "the sh!t are gutted thread"....sensible comments from city fans, banned for nothing, no doubt there are others)

Just what so called investment the new owners will inject is still very much unclear. They don't know, nobody knows how much or how little they are actually going to invest. My feeling is (whatever happens in the court case) is very little will change in the next 6 months to a year. And my gut feeling is the blue few will get frustrated with this and will expect the moon on a stick immediately. It won't happen especially if they say there in it for the long haul. Time will tell. Nothing will change soon. 

18 hours ago, kivsy said:

bunch of hypocrites !! saying we sold out to lansdown, and the club are his plaything and will get bored and sell us up the swanney,  now its ok for them to take the new investment ? 

in lansdown we trust ..............

The gas are the biggest bunch of hyprocrites in English football.

On Thursday night thier fans were on Radio Bristol Twentyman show, complaining about Northampton and that only last season there were struggling money wise and now they are top of the Division due to a new investor and how they thought that was so unfair!

When we were going to build at Ashton Vale saying how they didn't like souless out of town bowl stadiums and trying to take the p1ss by complaining the new stadium would not be in Bristol but in North Somerset and they would be the only club in Bristol when infact it was only an access road to the site would have been in North Somerset oh the ******* irony of it.

Forever complaining that billionaire foriegn  owners  and money  are destroying English football and its so unfair on little old bristol rovers.

They also have no morals, on talksport a woman gas was ask do you care where the money is coming she said "NO" and this after all the sh!t they gave SL because he lives in Gurnsey and they want him to pay more tax. What have thier new owner done to contribute to our society?

• Like 17

4 hours ago, GazSaid said:

Um, not much of what you are saying here tallies from what we learned yesterday:

Stadium: the new chairman said that the new stadium opportunity is a cornerstone for buying and one they want to move quickly on. He even said they would prefer a freehold arrangement for the UWE site, rather than the agreement Higgs made for the land to be retained by UWE.

The Owners: Wael Al-Qadi is the new club President (effectively a new role compared to the past non-executive role), it appears he has about £70m. But he is heading up the purchase on behalf of his whole family - the figures aren't clear, but the family fortune appears to be £330m.

2 Divisions to claw back: Seems like before yesterday we were making a reasonable thrust of that. A far cry from when your mod were telling us to we were gone for good in the non-leagues (original title of this thread).

Cannot throw money: In 40 years we have only had one spending spree: in 2001 when we wasted 1/2 million in a month. Were rag-bag because we've never spent (or rag-ass according that thick ***** you had in charge previously).

No idea how to run a football club: The chairman has previous experience, and during every interview he did yesterday spoke factually and honestly with massive insight. The new owners are heavily involved in the Jordanian Football system, which may not be perfect, but they didn't just jump into this. The new president was educated in the UK. They do not want revolution, they want evolution.

Perhaps you might want to actually look at what has happen? most gasheads see this as a fresh start after years of austerity, your mob are still a long way ahead of us. Great banter on this thread, also masses of total, total bollocks.

Hahaha is that your major ambition? To be above City... You are the definition of small-time.

The video posted by BCFC Jordan of the lad and his dad (particularly his dad) shows how deluded your fans actually are

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Just what so called investment the new owners will inject is still very much unclear. They don't know, nobody knows how much or how little they are actually going to invest. My feeling is (whatever happens in the court case) is very little will change in the next 6 months to a year. And my gut feeling is the blue few will get frustrated with this and will expect the moon on a stick immediately. It won't happen especially if they say there in it for the long haul. Time will tell. Nothing will change soon. 

I totally agree with this. If you listen to their new owners interview, he was asked of a 5 or 10 year plan. He answered by saying we will take it a day at a time. Sorry but all good businesses have a 5 year plan. I personally think there will be some investment for the Gas, but not stupid amounts like they are dreaming of. I personally hope they get a better stadium. Let's be fair this City deserves it. But like all kids, they get fed up of there toys after a while!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, redfred said:

What's really telling is that Rovers' fans have mentioned Bristol City as much, if not more, than their new owners since the takeover was announced. Are we the limit of their ambitions?

We should be flattered, but attention from them makes me a little queasy.

I wonder how this will affect their fanbase once the dust has settled on the deal, as well? They will now have to live with the pressure of a club that has money to spend, and that can be as bad as it can be good.

One final thing to any gasheads who are reading this:

I, NOR ANY OTHER CITY FAN I HAVE SPOKEN TO ABOUT THIS, ARE JEALOUS OF YOUR NEW OWNERS. THINK ABOUT OUR OWNERSHIP, WHERE WE ARE WITH OUR STADIUM AND WHAT DIVISION WE ARE IN AND OUR SITUATION GOING FORWARD IS NOT A HYPOTHETICAL ONE.

SORRY IT IS IN BOLD LETTERS, BUT CLEARLY THAT IS A REQUIREMENT TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE NOT JEALOUS OF YOU AND WE DO NOT FEAR YOU AND SOME OF US EVEN  FIND IT FUNNY.

YOURS SINCERELY

THAT GERT JEALOUS 'TED 

Toteendtony will understand.

• Like 1

I don't like hypocrisy , so the main thing that gets me is the complete 180 they have come out with....

Some of the 'digs' they have come out with. Big club , franchise , sugar daddy , just a toy blah blah blah. 

Now what do we have......They are on a level playing field , not with us oh no , with Man City and Chelsea , and I've already seen a post that states that 'the sleeping giant has woken ' !! WTAF !

OK , the family has a lot of money (family money, that may be a reality check right there), they are bankers so not oil rich like Citeh , they are not Rovers fans (and this could be massive). One or two of the family like football, one is a Chelsea fan , so why the Squatters ? I may be cynical but , the stadium will get subsidies , and aid so they build at a discount. The club itself would have been comparatively cheap ( possible ground implosion, court cases , mid table League2 with not massive gates).  Move on 2 years , new ground challenging at the top of L1 and reasonable gates = profit , a bankers dream. I may be wrong , they may be in it for the long haul. But , if as they say SL will pull his money out lose interest in us and we would be finished ( ties with the area , supports the club , building for the future) , how do those same G*s feel now ?? Foreign owners , no ties to the area, only heard of the club last September ? 

To be fair , if I was one of that lot (and thank the Lord I'm not) I would be excited. After the tinpot way they have been run , very excited. But then my first thought wouldn't be local opposition (or should that be obsession) . The evolution thing is the right way to go, but I do think if you don't actually have a love or feeling for a Football club, then for toys you would be better off going to Hamley's.

I do wonder if they ever get above us whether that would be it as there would be no ambition left to achieve. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

What stigma?  Thats all on them.  I don't remember Bristol City FC being relegated to the Conference.

Should we also feel stigma because they moved to Bath, or because they stole the rugby ground, or because they are selling a war memorial, or because they intend to leave Bristol again? 

I don't remember our fans burning down one of your stands.

The conference didn't do us any harm - regardless of what your mob think, most of us consider it a lesson well learned and we have come back a lot better.

As for the rugby club and the war memorial the facts on those are out there.

Edited by GazSaid

22 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Pfft.......I take it you haven't scrawled through the masses of hysteria and comedy gold that is the rovers forums in the last 24 hours

If you've been banned before then you would have no doubt acted the dick or continually broke rules........plenty of sags on here who post regularly and have banter. unlike your forums, we don't just ban people because they support the other team (check out "the sh!t are gutted thread"....sensible comments from city fans, banned for nothing, no doubt there are others)

No I was banned with no reason - I don't go around gobbing off, no point at all.

Not sure whether it is possible now, but for a long time this forum wouldn't even let you register if you had 'gas' in your username.

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

What stigma?  Thats all on them.  I don't remember Bristol City FC being relegated to the Conference.

Should we also feel stigma because they moved to Bath, or because they stole the rugby ground, or because they are selling a war memorial, or because they intend to leave Bristol again? 

I considered it a stigma because, and I repeat, to have a non league shambles of a football club that bears the name of Bristol in its title does the fair City of Bristol no good whatsoever. I also said in as many words that some outside Bristol may not differentiate between the two clubs..as in 'Bristol' 

Mind you that idiot Dad of the blogger does no one any favours, truly cringeworthy, I just hope we City fans remain a class above, this knuckle dragging name calling rivalry is embarrassing, is it any wonder how some view us as being thick?

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't like hypocrisy , so the main thing that gets me is the complete 180 they have come out with....

Some of the 'digs' they have come out with. Big club , franchise , sugar daddy , just a toy blah blah blah. 

Now what do we have......They are on a level playing field , not with us oh no , with Man City and Chelsea , and I've already seen a post that states that 'the sleeping giant has woken ' !! WTAF !

OK , the family has a lot of money (family money, that may be a reality check right there), they are bankers so not oil rich like Citeh , they are not Rovers fans (and this could be massive). One or two of the family like football, one is a Chelsea fan , so why the Squatters ? I may be cynical but , the stadium will get subsidies , and aid so they build at a discount. The club itself would have been comparatively cheap ( possible ground implosion, court cases , mid table League2 with not massive gates).  Move on 2 years , new ground challenging at the top of L1 and reasonable gates = profit , a bankers dream. I may be wrong , they may be in it for the long haul. But , if as they say SL will pull his money out lose interest in us and we would be finished ( ties with the area , supports the club , building for the future) , how do those same G*s feel now ?? Foreign owners , no ties to the area, only heard of the club last September ? 

To be fair , if I was one of that lot (and thank the Lord I'm not) I would be excited. After the tinpot way they have been run , very excited. But then my first thought wouldn't be local opposition (or should that be obsession) . The evolution thing is the right way to go, but I do think if you don't actually have a love or feeling for a Football club, then for toys you would be better off going to Hamley's.

I do wonder if they ever get above us whether that would be it as there would be no ambition left to achieve. 

This. They are just bitter and obsessed... good bit of fortune shines on them and they are still posting about us.

I'm still laughing at the we are equal to Man City and Chelsea despite the fact the family are worth 330M... Does this mean by Gas logic we are bigger than all 3? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redfred said:

YOURS SINCERELY

THAT GERT JEALOUS 'TED 

You could write that message on an airplane over the Minimal ground, it would still fall on deaf ears. They are utter morons.

31 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

You have to remember they are involved in running a Jordanian bank so have an easy line of credit. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Glazier-type situation where they pay of Higgs with a loan from their bank so Rovers are still in debt but to the Bank rather than Higgs. Since they run the bank they can appoint themselves to run the club and take out salary/bonus/dividends whenever they like, it would all be completely legit and it's the way Man Utd are run, they acquire the club without having to use their own money. Having seen their interview I don't think they're going to go on a spending spree, more like cut costs so the club is profitable for them. We'll only find out the truth when the first set of accounts are published (assuming they are).

Higgs has raised expectations on their intentions so he can't be blamed for selling out the club.

Why do people keep saying they are impressed by the new owner's interview?  What did they expect him to say - "I'm an asset striper"? Remember, the Devil is always persuasive - e g Elizabeth Hurley or Peter Cook as the devil in the film Bedazzled. 

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

This. They are just bitter and obsessed... good bit of fortune shines on them and they are still posting about us.

I'm still laughing at the we are equal to Man City and Chelsea despite the fact the family are worth 330M... Does this mean by Gas logic we are bigger than all 3? ;)

Very true , I have a good mate on FB who has kept his ST at the Rugby ground through the Non League and sticks by them what ever. Now I can talk to him , even though he is obsessed, I can just about stomach his FB posts. It's his mates that get me, the reply's are hypocritical , deluded and bizarre . If we win I enjoy it , if they win, the first line they post will include the word City or the schoolyard 'banter' equivalent. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GazSaid said:

No I was banned with no reason - I don't go around gobbing off, no point at all.

Not sure whether it is possible now, but for a long time this forum wouldn't even let you register if you had 'gas' in your username.

Gas: any idea what the "amazing heritage" is that your new owner is referring too?  I can't think of anything.

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Why do people keep saying they are impressed by the new owner's interview?  What did they expect him to say - "I'm an asset striper"? Remember, the Devil is always persuasive - e g Elizabeth Hurley or Peter Cook as the devil in the film Bedazzled. 

image.jpeg

How can they asset-strip a club without assets? Or are they after the plastic chairs?

• Like 3

I'm not envious or resentful of the fact that they have sold out to a wealthy owner: it's the way of the world nowadays, and frankly if they hadn't found their sugar daddy then they would likely have struggled on the edge of existence for years. And, whilst I don't want to see them above us, I like the fact that Bristol is one of the few two club City's in the country.

What gets me is the hypocrisy of (some ) of the blue few. For years we've had the jibes about the 'moneybags' club, and yet overnight they have some serial c**k waving over who has the most money. For years it's been unfair on poor old plucky underdogs that some clubs have been able to buy their way to success. And overnight those same people are revelling in how much they are going to be able to spend to reach the dizzy heights of......well, above us anyway. And for years we've heard about their being a proper local club, family run by local people keeping them true to their soul....and now they are owned by a Chelsea fan and Chaired by a failed Swansea man...and loving it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GazSaid said:

No I was banned with no reason 

Yeah, of course you were. I respect the Gasheads like In the Net, Miah and Bert Tann who had broad enough shoulders to post on here throughout Rovers time in Non League (your Sugardaddy won't be able to wipe that from your history by the way). You'll be gone again as soon as you realise that buying your way up the leagues isn't as easy as so many Gasheads seem to think it is.

Dont pretend that Gasheads get banned on here as quickly as they do on your forums though.

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

so am I right in saying untill they get a cat 2 academy, we can pick up any good prospects for peanuts?

Better still from what I vaguely recall their chances of getting a category 2 academy will be greatly reduced by the fact that there already is one in Bristol. 

• Like 4