IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

This is the sort of embarrassing crap that the 15ers are sharing on Facebook at the moment.

bvZNDwe.jpg

Trouble is mate, some of them actually believe it. Sat on the bus on the way to work this morning, and listening to 2 bottom dwellers banging on about their new "multi billionaire owner" and how they are now the "6th richest club in the country"

It got too much for me when they were discussing Jose Mourinho still being out of work, I laughed, looked around, and they stared back at me as if I was the ******* idiot

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I'd suggest all saggies to take the "cautious optimism" approach rather than screaming from the rooftops that they are now bigger than us.

They can build their stadium in a few years... it will still be significantly smaller than ours.

I think the vast majority of us are just relieved we are no longer in danger of going bust when our Wonga loan is due in June. 

The UWE stadium is designed for an initial capacity of 21,700. It is designed to incorporate a second tier (a little like Brighton's or MK Dons') taking it to around 26,000. A further tier taking it up to 35,000 can be added by removing and replacing the roof. I suspect that the second and third tiers are not likely to be pressing concerns for a while.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Better still from what I vaguely recall their chances of getting a category 2 academy will be greatly reduced by the fact that there already is one in Bristol. 

If they get what they want though they will not be in Bristol for much longer.  Let's hope Yate Town get a cat2 academy soon. ;)

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Trouble is mate, some of them actually believe it. Sat on the bus on the way to work this morning, and listening to 2 bottom dwellers banging on about their new "multi billionaire owner" and how they are now the "6th richest club in the country"

It got too much for me when they were discussing Jose Mourinho still being out of work, I laughed, looked around, and they stared back at me as if I was the ******* idiot

Oh I know they believe it! I only saw that picture because 15ers were tagging me and some other City mates. 

Why is this being discussed in so much detail on here? They have new owners who have a little bit of money. Could go one way, could go the other. Reading through the posts on here it is like an obsession with them.

For what it is worth, I couldn't care. I personally would prefer someone like Lansdown in charge than an overseas businessman/family. However should Lansdown ever wish to sell up we could be in the same position.

If this was Accrington for example would there be so much interest on here?

1 hour ago, redfred said:

What's really telling is that Rovers' fans have mentioned Bristol City as much, if not more, than their new owners since the takeover was announced. Are we the limit of their ambitions?

That genuinely is their whole ambition as a fanbase really. Never known a club like it.

• Admin
1 hour ago, GazSaid said:

No I was banned with no reason - I don't go around gobbing off, no point at all.

Not sure whether it is possible now, but for a long time this forum wouldn't even let you register if you had 'gas' in your username.

Just for balance @GazSaid, not sure of your previous name so can't see if you were banned from here

Sadly it's just a myth about having "Gas" in the username on here - as others  said there are many opposition supporters who post on here and as long as your posts are not personally offensive or trolling you will be welcome on here - just like other Rovers supporters are (of course you may get bit of stick)

Just for balance I tried in the past to join a Rovers forum - never got authorised . . .

PS Mind the Gap :yes:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cider red said:

so there worth a few hundred mil? I'm not good with numbers

These figures won't be entirely accurate admittedly but it certainly shows their not worth anywhere near what SL is worth... These figures basically show that after liabilities they are worth a measly 61million... No where near the billions they are banging on about!!

On 18 December 2015 at 20:49, st andrews gas said:

29 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Where are the net worth stats, just out of interest?

33 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Better still from what I vaguely recall their chances of getting a category 2 academy will be greatly reduced by the fact that there already is one in Bristol. 

I cannot find any evidence that would back that up. You may be right but that would frankly be like cutting off your nose to spite your face as far as English football development is concerned. I would have thought regardless of category the rules would be the same  which bodes the question; why are Arsenal and Spurs both category 1 academies?

I wonder if 'GazSaid' will join the other Gasheads who say they are planning to wave £20 notes at Morecombe fans today.

You see, it's that sort of humility and general lack of arrogance that make Gasheads so loved and respected by every other clubs fans....whilst everyone hates us obviously. Thats what they've been saying for years anyway.

I genuinely believe a large number of their fans are going to show their true colours now which will make them more hated than they pretend we are. This is great, and they've still got the hard work of trying to catch up with us. Welcome to Bristol Mr Al Qadi :clapping::clapping::clapping:

• Like 4

Just now, Cider red said:

not that much cash but lots of money tied up in other things. Reading what's been said so far the Gas have a lot more money than they did last week but the new owners aren't going to go mad and chuck loads at them but try to sensible build the club up over time. Far play to them but we've been doing exactly the same thing as a club for some years now and it will pay off in the end, I.e. Academy, Stadium etc.

10 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

These figures won't be entirely accurate admittedly but it certainly shows their not worth anywhere near what SL is worth... These figures basically show that after liabilities they are worth a measly 61million... No where near the billions they are banging on about!!

Correction is that stating the net work of the patriarch within JIB? Or is that stating the net worth of the bank but just showing the father as, presumably the CEO? Either way it does not tell the full story. I would take those numbers with a huge pinch of salt. We shall see if they deliver the stadium, free of debt, in short fashion; I hope they do and if they do they will not have plundered the relatively puny 61 million net worth of the father will they.. or rather very unlikely.

Edited by havanatopia

14 minutes ago, Cider red said:

6 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

They don't own all the bank, they have a 36% stakes in it. Anyway, the banks assets are a little over $1 billion but they not going to be used to pay for English football players. The bank made $22 million after tax profit in it's last accounts published. The new owners have some money, but they are not filthy rich.

19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I wonder if 'GazSaid' will join the other Gasheads who say they are planning to wave £20 notes at Morecombe fans today.

You see, it's that sort of humility and general lack of arrogance that make Gasheads so loved and respected by every other clubs fans....whilst everyone hates us obviously. Thats what they've been saying for years anyway.

I genuinely believe a large number of their fans are going to show their true colours now which will make them more hated than they pretend we are. This is great, and they've still got the hard work of trying to catch up with us. Welcome to Bristol Mr Al Qadi :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Has that lot ever seen a £20 note?

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Better still from what I vaguely recall their chances of getting a category 2 academy  be greatly reduced by t,he fact that there already is one in Bristol. 

...the plan is for the 'travellers' to move camel caravan of love out of town though, to a semi-permanent 'traveller site' in South Glos, leaving One Team In Bristol! 

21 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Where are the net worth stats, just out of interest?

I cannot find any evidence that would back that up. You may be right but that would frankly be like cutting off your nose to spite your face as far as English football development is concerned. I would have thought regardless of category the rules would be the same  which bodes the question; why are Arsenal and Spurs both category 1 academies?

London is a big place and those are wealthy Prem clubs. The Elite Performance Programme isn't about developing players it's about pulling up the ladder. Take a look at how the 'Independent Assessment' works, Ipswich are an example after Norwich got category 1 status. 

37 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Well if that's true they might be able to clear the immediate debts but will still be reliant on selling to Sainsbury's or borrowing from their own bank in order to fund the stadium.