IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

58 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Someone's touchy, off you go.

The mighty Morecambe await.

Did anyone mention that Mr Lansdown is wealthier than your owner? The gift that keeps giving and all that.....COYR.

Dont you know? the Sags dont care about us now they are rubbing elbows with the money clubs and are equal to the likes of Man City and Chelsea ;)

What was it? The 3rd biggest club in the country? I hope they go the whole distance and label themselves the biggest club in the world with an owner worth £105bn...

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

So you are alluding to a situation where a non metropolis with limited teams are competing against one another for talent, that is understood anywhere, but where the one who achieves higher status first can cream off the best? Rather than there being any particular rule? I suspect the former is true.

However, If you mean there is a rule, and assuming you are right, then that imo would be ridiculous. So ridiculous in fact that I am sure I would have heard about it before.

Or perhaps you mean a third way whereby the rules governing a team attaining, say, cat 2 by definition of the way they are structured makes it doubly hard for another team to attain such status in the near vicinity.

I think whatever rules may be in place for the 'third way' it is probably more difficult simply by definition of there being another team who got their first.

Almost like a race; if all the teams in Birmingham and London started the race at the same time perhaps its easier. The Gas, perhaps still in the starting blocks, will find it hard but not impossible.

Kinda goes back to the net worth of the new owners which, with all the digging, looks to be hard to decipher but suffice to say if they have bought a 4th division team it would likely suggest they have good but fairly limited funds.. a new stadium and a new academy may very well follow but perhaps not with all their money and not in the immediacy.

What I am saying is that the academy system is rigged in favour of those already in it by means of the "independent assessments" which are in fact anything but.  The blue few will find it extremely difficult to get a category two status any time soon, and will be pretty much permanently pegged back behind us particularly if we push to category one.  Ipswich as the example pass all the category one criteria but have failed the last two assessments by fractions of a percentage that are not readily explained.  There are other examples too if you do a little research.  

This investment is nothing to worry about on any front really.

5 hours ago, Aizoon said:

How can they asset-strip a club without assets? Or are they after the plastic chairs?

The ground is worth more than the debts, with or without Sainsbury. Any future spending can be done via loans, which isn't a problem if they are arranged via a company, rather than personally. If it all goes wrong and administration follows, then the owners survive, still with a profit. There are various clubs that have lost their grounds - e g Hereford, Brighton etc. Listen to the Pongo

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nibor said:

What I am saying is that the academy system is rigged in favour of those already in it by means of the "independent assessments" which are in fact anything but.  The blue few will find it extremely difficult to get a category two status any time soon, and will be pretty much permanently pegged back behind us particularly if we push to category one.  Ipswich as the example pass all the category one criteria but have failed the last two assessments by fractions of a percentage that are not readily explained.  There are other examples too if you do a little research.  

This investment is nothing to worry about on any front really.

OK cheers for that; my option 3 then or thereabouts. :)

How is it that song goes again?

Never felt more like singing the blues.....when a Jordanian worth £105bn, (making him one of the richest men in the world, but there is little substance this claim, not dissimilar to Rovers' fans claims over their away support) comes in, but the Rovers still lose. And the City, well they won away at the Dons.

11 minutes ago, redfred said:

How is it that song goes again?

Never felt more like singing the blues.....when a Jordanian worth £105bn, (making him one of the richest men in the world, but there is little substance this claim, not dissimilar to Rovers' fans claims over their away support) comes in, but the Rovers still lose. And the City, well they won away at the Dons.

45 minutes left. Calm down; let them be the ones that jump the gun!!!

Edited by Guest