IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I had the DAB channel on at kick off before I realised it was going to be the GAS on there, even their summariser (the equivalent of Adam Baker) has bought into the bullshit, saying how they had become one of the richest teams in football overnight! That's ALL football apparently, I kid you not!

Edited by Port Said Red

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The ground is worth more than the debts, with or without Sainsbury. Any future spending can be done via loans, which isn't a problem if they are arranged via a company, rather than personally. If it all goes wrong and administration follows, then the owners survive, still with a profit. There are various clubs that have lost their grounds - e g Hereford, Brighton etc. Listen to the Pongo

This is exactly what will happen.They will walk away with 20 million profit whilst the gas go bust.

The one thing that is bugging me is, every gas head is celebrating, not one, I repeat, not one person has asked this bloke if he actually has any wealth and if he's willing to invest it.

The bloke comes accross as really nice, too nice imo. I would be very wary of him if it was our club.

23 minutes ago, Just Red said:

This is exactly what will happen.They will walk away with 20 million profit whilst the gas go bust.

The one thing that is bugging me is, every gas head is celebrating, not one, I repeat, not one person has asked this bloke if he actually has any wealth and if he's willing to invest it.

The bloke comes accross as really nice, too nice imo. I would be very wary of him if it was our club.

Anyone remember Michael Knighton?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, redfred said:

Come on now, everyone. The mickey taking should stop now as they've laid down a real marker today by beating ten man Morecambe.

So Rovers go one nil down at home playing crap against a struggling team, manage to get an opposition player sent off and the flukey, cheating b******s end up winning 2-1.

Well, what a surprise. Still, there's a first time for everything I guess. :whistle2:

4 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Clarke didn't seem happy about the new owners.

Complaining that no one had told him and if he's gets sacked he's gets sacked

good way to inpress your new boss I guess 

I might get to like those owners if they sack that *****.

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Said on radio that he want to change  management then twenty man asked about D Clark he said we here to help him 

apparently Clark said not to be happy 

lookout for the fire works

Maybe a bit like Notts County. Bring in Sven as manager, sign a few players, plan for the Premiership, goes pear shaped. 

11 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

119 pages on the gas, come on guys, we have a result to talk about.  7400, bottom tier, crap day, against  team with virtually no fans is pretty much what we got when we were there.

Nice try saggy, when we were in the 4th division we were never taken over by Jordinan billionaires..

But of course a little rain stopped the masses turning up

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Maybe a bit like Notts County. Bring in Sven as manager, sign a few players, plan for the Premiership, goes pear shaped. 

You don`t think there`s a chance GJ would go to them do you? Just for the fact that it would probably be the only time a father and son had managed teams in the same city at the same time.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So Rovers go one nil down at home playing crap against a struggling team, manage to get an opposition player sent off and the flukey, cheating b******s end up winning 2-1.

Well, what a surprise. Still, there's a first time for everything I guess. :whistle2:

It was 2-1 before the sending off took place.

32 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

119 pages on the gas, come on guys, we have a result to talk about.  7400, is pretty much what we got when we were there.

The year we had a higher average attendance than the Gas who were in the division above us you mean?

I know Rovers never get above 10k usually but I would've thought today of all days with 'El Presidente' strutting his stuff around the Mem the Blue Few would've actually made a bit of an effort. Where's this amazing fanbase they were talking about yesterday? 

I find it telling that if you google Wael al Qadi and Stephen Lansdown, you get lots of links for SL, notably to Forbes rich list, his worth etc, but for al Qadi, nothing except stuff about his father. Obviously the guy is rich, the kind of wealth most of us can only dream about, but I don't believe he's worth anywhere near as much as SL, or what some of the papers have been reporting.