IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I had the DAB channel on at kick off before I realised it was going to be the GAS on there, even their summariser (the equivalent of Adam Baker) has bought into the bullshit, saying how they had become one of the richest teams in football overnight! That's ALL football apparently, I kid you not!

Did exactly the same thing and heard what Keith Brookman said.

I just can't believe how deluded they all are.

It can only end in tears.

1 hour ago, Stephen Lewis said:

That would be silent anyway, would it not?

You cheeky monkey! :D

LOLZ at the Gash. A day after one of the most exciting announcements in their history and they couldn't even get half of our crowd. Massive fanbase? Huge potential? Not whilst the city are around I'm afraid guys!

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 1

On 19 February 2016 at 03:22, GILLI said:

They may build them the new stadium but a massive 'war chest' is worthless with FFP ... And as 3 of the 4 stands won't be needed on match days I can't think their income will be much to sing about ... 

If they build it.... You can fill in the blanks... I do not believe they will be another Darlington. 

On 19 February 2016 at 03:50, Frenchay Red said:

This explains why their recent form has been a bit sheikhy.

Skating on oil

2 hours ago, KingtonRed said:

Wael seems to be a chelsea fan :facepalm:

The guy talked about that in interview yes but said he is a Gas head now.

Having spent a bit of time reading through this thread, I am truly amazed at how bitter some of you lot come across.

It's disappointing that they now have a chance to kick on but some on here seem so desperate to put them down, that you cling to anything and make yourselves look bitter and petty.  "Oh Lansdown  still has more money" or "be careful what they wish for"

Will it pay off for them? Who knows....but can some of us just stop acting so bitter . It's embarrassing 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Having spent a bit of time reading through this thread, I am truly amazed at how bitter some of you lot come across.

It's disappointing that they now have a chance to kick on but some on here seem so desperate to put them down, that you cling to anything and make yourselves look bitter and petty.  "Oh Lansdown  still has more money" or "be careful what they wish for"

Will it pay off for them? Who knows....but can some of us just stop acting so bitter . It's embarrassing 

And according to some we arent your rivals anymore, but those same people seem to have a healthy interest in us

Go figure

I have no idea of this will be good or bad for us. We were voing bust under NH,.so cant do much worse with Mr Al-Qadi

3 minutes ago, Hello said:

And according to some we arent your rivals anymore, but those same people seem to have a healthy interest in us

Go figure

I have no idea of this will be good or bad for us. We were voing bust under NH,.so cant do much worse with Mr Al-Qadi

To be fair...as critical as I am of our own fans, some of the deluded comments I've read from some of your lot have been equally embarrassing. 

As you said though. Can't be much worse. He will certainly be able to afford more then Higgs and Co ever could 

Pre-season in Amman and a camel ride out into the Wadi Rum with evening al fresco dinner in Petra all sounds a mighty step up from a Nick Higgs Hot Dog and a Wonga loan. Good luck to em I say.

And can we all now start calling them The Black Arabs again... I personally think it sounds great. 

The one thing I hope for?.. that with a little more cash available they might just do a re-design of that rather bland stadium; architecturally speaking I always want to see something built to the best possible form and function.

39 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair...as critical as I am of our own fans, some of the deluded comments I've read from some of your lot have been equally embarrassing. 

As you said though. Can't be much worse. He will certainly be able to afford more then Higgs and Co ever could 

Oh yeah some of ours have got a bit carried away for sure. The new owner seems far more level headed than what some of our fans are.

You guys look like you might have turned the corner so playing you next season might not be so close as it was a couple of weeks ago.

Hopr to see you in the championship in a couple of seasons. Fingers crossed

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hello said:

Oh yeah some of ours have got a bit carried away for sure. The new owner seems far more level headed than what some of our fans are.

You guys look like you might have turned the corner so playing you next season might not be so close as it was a couple of weeks ago.

Wouldn't say no to that 

The 6 points would be much appreciated ;-)

There was once a young man called Wael who lived in Jordan with his mother and sister whom he loved very much. Wael and his family lived in a very dangerous part of his country that was always in turmoil. However, despite this, he was very fond of football and played with his friends every day.

Years later Wael made his fortune from entirely above board, legitimate business dealings and decided to buy an English football club called Bristol Rovers. Rovers did outstanding with Wael owning the team. After another win, Wael received a phone call from his his mother. Wael answered the phone and put it to his ear in anticipation. His mother spoke, "How could you!? Your sister gets raped almost everyday! Our home is riddled with bullet holes! We can't get clean water! We can't sleep with the constant sound of bullets being fired at night!" She pauses to collect herself. "I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR MOVING US TO WHOREFIELD!"

Edited by Sir Colby-Tit
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Hello said:

Go figure

You not bothered that they are not football people? Higgs was pretty clueless but no doubt he cared about the club.

3 hours ago, Hello said:

All six of them?? 

Sorry... just trying to win some Kudos on here, fed up with sticking up for you lot, now you might actually become a club that is worthy of the Bristol tag, and possibly our sibling rivals, so no more Mr Nice Guy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

All six of them?? 

Sorry... just trying to win some Kudos on here, fed up with sticking up for you lot, now you might actually become a club that is worthy of the Bristol tag, and possibly our sibling rivals, so no more Mr Nice Guy :thumbsup:

Who are you, and what have you done with TMOR?