IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Super said:

You not bothered that they are not football people? Higgs was pretty clueless but no doubt he cared about the club.

Shouldn't read too much into this take over, hasn't made the football headlines really, and don't forget Bankers are not renowned for throwing money around are they? Seems like it's more of a case of something to 'boast' about to his Dinner Guests, but then it all falls apart when he has to repeat Bristol Rovers, and explain they are not actually Premier League, or even Championship, or a league below that, but the next one down. :facepalm: 

And another thing!

I have a small number of shares in various different banks and financial institutions. This makes me a minority share holder.

Thanks to 'Gas Logic and Accountancy' I wake up this morning and I'm suddenly a multi billionaire! 

God bless the assets under management at companies various. I didn't realise until earlier that the monies these companies control was actually all mine. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So a Chelsea fan with an unknown amount of money who wanted to buy Gillingham ends up buying Rovers and they are over the moon.

There is something very odd about the Sag takeover.  It's not as if the UWE was an initial draw for the takeover - Sainsbury's and the legal case have made that a coin flip - so he hasn't come for that.  His team have already said that he had looked at other league 1/2 teams.  This process must have been very recent - 6 months ago the Sags were non league.  So why the Sags, why now?

Its very strange.  Although I do think Piggs has played a blinder.

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

There is something very odd about the Sag takeover.  It's not as if the UWE was an initial draw for the takeover - Sainsbury's and the legal case have made that a coin flip - so he hasn't come for that.  His team have already said that he had looked at other league 1/2 teams.  This process must have been very recent - 6 months ago the Sags were non league.  So why the Sags, why now?

I think your right,i recon they got more chance of keeping their arses intact at a Michael Barrymore pool party than with this fella.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

There is something very odd about the Sag takeover.  It's not as if the UWE was an initial draw for the takeover - Sainsbury's and the legal case have made that a coin flip - so he hasn't come for that.  His team have already said that they had been told to F Off by other league 1/2 teams.  This process must have been very recent - 6 months ago the Sags were non league.  So why the Sags, why now?

;)

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Isn't this guy something to do with FIFA?

He is amember of the Jordanian FA and a Fifa delegate and got interested in football when he was taken to a Chelsea game when they were really shit.

What makes a football person anyway? NH was a fan but...

I personally think this could go either way for the g*s. 

What happens with them doesn't really bother me either. What did bother me yesterday though was the brain dead dullard that kept using the take over of the g*s as an excuse to shout/sing racist slurs about it all afternoon. I've met some thick people in my time but you sir were right up there with the thickest. Very very poorly educated man.

Edited by Taylor10
  • Like 2

Have you not heard the family worth 100 billion. Richer than the richest man on earth. 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5999/sorry-on-bonfire?page=3

Wait until the clowns realise this guy is worth £20 million and the family around £130million, more likely to feature on the Fraud list than the Forbes rich list. :clapping:

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Have you not heard the family worth 100 billion. Richer than the richest man on earth. 

Wait until the clowns realise this guy is worth 20 million and should be on the Fraud list not the Forbes rich list. :clapping:

It's impressive that some Larry from Horfield can find out but Forbes are totally unaware. 

http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/#version:static

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's impressive that some Larry from Horfield can find out but Forbes are totally unaware. 

http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/#version:static

Surely the 3rd richest family in the world would feature in the world's richest families list. Can't seem to find them.

http://www.msn.com/en-in/money/financephotos/the-world’s-richest-families-revealed/ss-BBmRgsr#image=1

Must be a mystery.:clapping:

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Wait until the clowns realise this guy is worth £20 million and the family around £130million, more likely to feature on the Fraud list than the Forbes rich list. :clapping:

If that does happen Rovers new chairman will be able to help.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/former-swansea-city-chairman-helps-6200850

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

lots of figures thrown around. Does anyone know the actual net worth?

A lot of the Blue Few are confusing the capitalisation of the banks which the al-Qadi's are part (note that word) owners of, with the worth of the family as a whole.  As we know, banks' money belongs to investors and savers not the business per se and is capitalised at typically 20x the value of deposits. 

I'm sure they are wealthy enough to write off the Gas debts, underwrite continuing losses and possibly build the UWE bowl with no sale required.  They will want a return eventually however. They are not in the "throwing money continuously at a club" league.

Were I a [shudder to think] R****s fan, I would be worrying about when that payback will be required. 

18 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I'm surprised nobody has sought to find out exactly what they are worth... Surely someone at the WDP/BP should be investigating it.. 

Do you think they`re really interested in shattering the illusion that they`ve helped to create since Friday though. An awful lot of media `personalities` will look pretty stupid when the actual figures do come out.

1 minute ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

crazy how all the gas scum have just accepted this bizarre rumour that the family have catapulted them into the top 6 richest clubs in the country.  There is no evidence of any such wealth but the media have also just accepted this. If they are that rich why would they want to buy gillingham or rovers?! None of this makes any sense

It's absolutely outrageous... They seem blind to all the facts and continue to bang on about how ridiculously rich they now are...

I can't quite get my head around the whole deal and something just doesn't seem right, why would anyone buy Rovers When there's a plethora of better clubs to chose from at that level?

It's gonna go tits up I'm sure if it!!!

Worse case scenario they own the mem and a football team to manage, best case, they get a nice new stadium, with multiple income options in a great location with a big and growing catchment area. So it was probably a good deal... i'd have done it myself if that scratch card this morning would had been more than £5

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

It's absolutely outrageous... They seem blind to all the facts and continue to bang on about how ridiculously rich they now are...

I can't quite get my head around the whole deal and something just doesn't seem right, why would anyone buy Rovers When there's a plethora of better clubs to chose from at that level?

It's gonna go tits up I'm sure if it!!!

On 2/20/2016 at 10:45, 'keepuplino' said:

Didnt even no the mangos were for sale:juggle: