IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

crazy how all the gas scum have just accepted this bizarre rumour that the family have catapulted them into the top 6 richest clubs in the country.  There is no evidence of any such wealth but the media have also just accepted this. If they are that rich why would they want to buy gillingham or rovers?! None of this makes any sense

A lot of us are being more realistic as to the family's wealth.

Yeah, they are not billionaires, but they've got a bob or two. I'm still a bit uneasy about all this, but at least the guy is not talking about premiership in x years etc etc, so will keep my fingers crossed that his lack of wealth means that he will cut his cloth accordingly with regards to the way the club is run.

I'm more concerned about the Chairman's history tbh.

Edited by In the Net
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

If Rovers owners are worth 1.8 billion and more why don't they just get on and build the UWE stadium, nothing is stopping them. The legal case with sainsbury is about the sell of the Mem not the build at UWE.  The mem is still an asset and could be sold for development at any time in the future.

Yet they are still waiting on the outcome of the High court case. Again these facts seem to be ignore by the gas heads who are at the momment are all in some sort of collective hystria and have lost all control of rational thinking. But then again they have always been a bunch of deluded pr1cks.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I'm surprised nobody has sought to find out exactly what they are worth... Surely someone at the WDP/BP should be investigating it.. 

They've gone with billionaire (probably because some G*s on their forum said it's true. 

He also apparently said he was now 100% with Bristol Rovers. But he couldn't wait to get along to Stamford Bridge.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Mem-Stamford-Bridge-New-Bristol-Rovers-owner-Wael/story-28779181-detail/story.html

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They've gone with billionaire (probably because some G*s on their forum said it's true. 

He also apparently said he was now 100% with Bristol Rovers. But he couldn't wait to get along to Stamford Bridge.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Mem-Stamford-Bridge-New-Bristol-Rovers-owner-Wael/story-28779181-detail/story.html

A true blue

31 minutes ago, bs3 said:

If Rovers owners are worth 1.8 billion and more why don't they just get on and build the UWE stadium, nothing is stopping them. The legal case with sainsbury is about the sell of the Mem not the build at UWE.  The mem is still an asset and could be sold for development at any time in the future.

Yet they are still waiting on the outcome of the High court case. Again these facts seem to be ignore by the gas heads who are at the momment are all in some sort of collective hystria and have lost all control of rational thinking. But then again they have always been a bunch of deluded pr1cks.

They arent building it straight off as they want to renegotiate the deal with UWE i suspect.

Previously we had no money and sale/leaseback of land and naming rights with UWE were required to finance the stadium.

I imagine Mr.Al-Qadi will want to be able to sell naming rights to whom he wants or name it the AJIB stadium an d pay Rovers creating Revenue.

There is also other land there with PP for Hotel etc that they are probably interested in

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

And another thing!

I have a small number of shares in various different banks and financial institutions. This makes me a minority share holder.

Thanks to 'Gas Logic and Accountancy' I wake up this morning and I'm suddenly a multi billionaire! 

God bless the assets under management at companies various. I didn't realise until earlier that the monies these companies control was actually all mine. 

Not just a multi-billionaire, the richest man on the planet ;)

Edited by Dark Wood Covert
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hello said:

They arent building it straight off as they want to renegotiate the deal with UWE i suspect.

Previously we had no money and sale/leaseback of land and naming rights with UWE were required to finance the stadium.

I imagine Mr.Al-Qadi will want to be able to sell naming rights to whom he wants or name it the AJIB stadium an d pay Rovers creating Revenue.

There is also other land there with PP for Hotel etc that they are probably interested in

I can't imagine that UWE wouldn't be happy selling the land, especially as it's prime university real estate for future university development.

You've only got to look how UWE took over HP and built up its campus since the 90's to see how fast they're expanding. I don't think they'd give up the stadium footprint that easliy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hello said:

Delusional... Even the press are at it, it's hilarious to be honest!!

19 minutes ago, Hello said:

UWE won't sell the land, they aren't stupid. They want joint sports facilities, gym etc with campus shops and a stadium to hosts events/sport in - they asked Rovers to come in on the project to share costs, and give you guys a home, you pay rent and have a share of stadium income... win, win for you and UWE. Your owners don't have the money to buy the land, and why would a Jordanian bank (that your owners family have a 36% stake in) agree to buy naming rights ? I imagine UWE will look elsewhere if you are not interested, I know that they have thought about a indoor athletic stadium with a aim of getting competitions bought to Bristol as well as providing all the facilities they wanted for thier campus/students..... who knows maybe SL and Bristol Sport might get in on that as we need a Athletic stadium in Bristol and it's something on Bristol Sports radar I am sure.

Rovers are not the only people who can give UWE what they want.

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hello said:

I know for a fact HP is mothballing the site and still selling parts of it off to UWE, UWE will not sell the footprint as they need the car parking space and use of any facilities and classroom space, where is this other land for the hotel, I have not seen this in any plans?

• Like 1

Interesting quote at the bottom of this atrticle Or am I reading too much into it?

"We know that this club needs and requires a new stadium in order for this ownership to continue and to survive and flourish."

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hello said:

So UWE are willing to sell off their land are they , so whats in it for UWE apart from a quick buck.

I also thought that UWE staduim was a unique partnership between football club and Univeristy  and that what made it special and more than just another staduim not my words but your fans on Radio Bristol. 

Again you have shown to have no ethics and are deluded in thinking UWE will just sale to you after all they have invested into the project.

1 minute ago, bs3 said:

So UWE are willing to sell off their land are they , so whats in it for UWE apart from a quick buck.

I also thought that UWE staduim was a unique partnership between football club and Univeristy  and that what made it special and more than just another staduim not my words but your fans on Radio Bristol. 

Again you have shown to have no ethics and are deluded in thinking UWE will just sale to you after all they have invested into the project.

Don't UWE own all the Watershed and a lot of the harbour side land and buildings ? I have no idea how they came into ownership but anyway, they are not short of a bob or two.

I am not suggesting that UWE will give up or sell the land, just that i imagine the Al-Qadis as business people money men will explore all opportunities.

As the deal stands the UWE name creates no revenue other than to build the ground when Rovers didnt have any cash and needed Sainsburys.

Now we can finance the project either through personal wealth or acees to investors being in that field and thus any naming rights be it AJIB or Joe Bloggs trading would create reveune for the club FFP and all that

There is other land out there to be developed. Whether The Al Qadis can get in on that i dont know but surey as investment bankers and Hoteliers they would be foolish to not enquire.

Maybe nothing will come of it but i would argue they have the responsibility to eye it up

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Don't UWE own all the Watershed and a lot of the harbour side land and buildings ? I have no idea how they came into ownership but anyway, they are not short of a bob or two.

I would imagine it would need to be an exceptional amount of money offered for UWE to sell the land. Does anyone know how much spare capital Al-Gash have? 

I doubt anyone from the reds or the blues know, just the owners themselves. Still, be interesting to see if they're willing to put a real marker down to state their intentions.

6 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I didnt say they would just sell it did I, only that i suspect they would want to look into the possibilities. They would be foolish not to and.poor businessmen.

They might not be able to.do a deal but surely must try

8 minutes ago, Hello said:

I am not suggesting that UWE will give up or sell the land, just that i imagine the Al-Qadis as business people money men will explore all opportunities.

As the deal stands the UWE name creates no revenue other than to build the ground when Rovers didnt have any cash and needed Sainsburys.

Now we can finance the project either through personal wealth or acees to investors being in that field and thus any naming rights be it AJIB or Joe Bloggs trading would create reveune for the club FFP and all that

There is other land out there to be developed. Whether The Al Qadis can get in on that i dont know but surey as investment bankers and Hoteliers they would be foolish to not enquire.

Maybe nothing will come of it but i would argue they have the responsibility to eye it up

If you owner was has wealthy as you suggest why would you need to sale naming rights. We still play at Ashton Gate , could have sold naming rights years ago but  we never sold out.

The supporters of this club and owner have a heart and soul something you numptys have never really had .

Edited by bs3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hello said:

I didnt say they would just sell it did I, only that i suspect they would want to look into the possibilities. They would be foolish not to and.poor businessmen.

They might not be able to.do a deal but surely must try

They can try, would be foolish not to, but a lot of Rovers fans seem to think UWE needs Rovers more than Rovers needs UWE - I understand they are excited to get rid of the potential of administration if Higgs failed in the Sainsbury's case and lost the Mem due to loans being set against it, but they seem to have gotten a little carried away. 

4 minutes ago, bs3 said:

If you owner was has wealthy as you suggest why would you need to sale naming rights. We still play at Ashton Gate , could have sold naming rights years ago but  we never sold out.

The supporters of this club and owner have a heart and soul something you numptys have never really had .

What are you on about. Look around. fair play not selling the Ashton Gate name, but it is a way to create revenue for the club to spend and you know full well the cost of football as your own owner has financed plenty. That Carling Ateyo bloke you had was a good player wasnt he, or is that a great way to honour him when you have a billionaire sticking a cheap lager before his name?

As for not having a heart, i would argue we had plenty giving we were homeless for 20 years and survived and even out peformed you lot when we had even less than no pot to piss in