IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Many a true word etc etc

The priority for Nicholas was to get out and this option enabled him to do that.

Although details of the transaction have not been disclosed it is interesting that those who had the most to gain by their debt being repaid seem happy whereas those who possibly expected a windfall for selling their shares do not appear overjoyed. And apparently no offer was made to the shareholders still left with 8% of the equity ?

But the big question remaining unanswered is the commitment to the future because Nicholas had repeatedly said he would only sell to someone who could show they had a plan to take Rovers forward and prove they had the funds to implement that plan.

Where is the plan ?  

The other interested party are said to have had a plan which included building the UWE Stadium to it's full specification and injecting substantial cash into the football club to help elevate the team up the leagues.

But perhaps they were not prepared to be so generous to Nicholas and Co so he turned a blind ear to them ?

Wise words as always Bert. I think there is a lot more to come out regarding this takeover.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

They can try, would be foolish not to, but a lot of Rovers fans seem to think UWE needs Rovers more than Rovers needs UWE - I understand they are excited to get rid of the potential of administration if Higgs failed in the Sainsbury's case and lost the Mem due to loans being set against it, but they seem to have gotten a little carried away. 

I agree there needs to be some realism. The excitement of the past couple of days has caused some hysteria for sure. The weeks and months to come will hopefully shake things out and ground some people

At leas Mr Al Qadi isnt shouting from the roof tops

49 minutes ago, Just Red said:

The fact he was sat in standard seating at Stamford bridge rather than in the posh expensive seats etc doesn't ring alarm bells about their truth wealth?

Hmmm, nothing has been paid off. He stated "debts will be paid off over time"

Again says quite a lot.

yes but the Wonga loan is due April circa 3m. That is the crippling debt. I assume that would be pAid off. First

The rest is owed to the directors who will probably be paid back over time

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You have to give the lad some credit, with an old man like that he's done well with the hand he was dealt in life. In his shoes I most probably would have been drinking petrol, like his father appears to do. 

I think the old man was about to drive as well... 

Anyway, "premiership in five years", "bigger and richer club than the shit". Perhaps we should take heed of what the learned petrol drinker says. I've made a diary note to review his comments in 2021.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Here he is, the walking advert for sterilisation. What a belter the dad is. Fancy filming when your dad is pissed up.

This is what happens when cousins marry.........

Edited by KevP
spelling
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The Rolls Royce site theory can be written straight off - they've just started work on that recently. 

Yep, this is why UWE is a good location for a ground though, the Filton development, and all the new housing SG keeps dumping on our Northern boundary does not look set to stop, also great motorway and rail access.... cannot see any major housing projects our side likely to happen.... well ever to be honest !

Haven't read every page, but common thought is, if the Jordanians were flush with banking millions they'd have bought a decent team. They may have £70m, but they're not spending al that on the Gash, like SL didn't spend his fortune on us.

Hoping this provides stability, banter was so much better when Bristol rivalry was closer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciderup said:

Here he is, the walking advert for sterilisation. What a belter the dad is. Fancy filming when your dad is pissed up.

**** me. Every branch hit when he fell out the ugly tree. Do they still make Clearasil?

If that was me and I knew I was going to end up like my pie eating, 1 brain cell Dad, I'd be on the next plane to the Dignitas Clinic.

The gift that keeps on giving! Priceless! :laugh:

• Like 2

My genuine prediction for Rovers in the next 2/3 years...
They will get promotion to League 1.
Struggle for the first 3/4 months and Clarke will get sacked.
Holloway their god will come back and they will talk of Premier League once more and will struggle.
They'll languish around L1 for years and do not a lot. 
They'll still claim they're a bigger, better supported club than us, somehow they're richer and we're really jealous.

Glad my Dad was a City fan, imagine being one of them!!

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Hello said:

I agree there needs to be some realism. The excitement of the past couple of days has caused some hysteria for sure. The weeks and months to come will hopefully shake things out and ground some people

yes but the Wonga loan is due April circa 3m. That is the crippling debt. I assume that would be pAid off. First

"3m debt.... what 3m debt?    Higgsy, come back here you son of a Turk camel raper !"

16 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The kid seems ok - we all have embarrassing dads at times... luckily not caught on camera and uploaded to mytube on the interweb

To be fair the kid went out to what looks like a yellow 'prat-mobile' and waxed lyrical - inanely. Whilst he may come across as level headed sat next to his old man he still put up a 5 minute video, of him, sat in a car, with his dad, with his dad embarrassing them both and embarrassed himself by rattling with really amounted to about 3 unique points - which he repeated ad nauseum. 

You can excuse him though as by his old man he seems to have been dealt a rough hand. 

53 minutes ago, Hello said:

Again, you are assuming. There is absolutely zero guarantees of this happening. Has the bloke even got 3 million? If I had 3 million in my bank I'd have a box at Stamford Bridge, not sit in the front row.

Just a thought and I could be completely wrong but considering this bloke is a banker, does he have anything to do with the wonga loan?

5 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Again, you are assuming. There is absolutely zero guarantees of this happening. Has the bloke even got 3 million? If I had 3 million in my bank I'd have a box at Stamford Bridge, not sit in the front row.

Just a thought and I could be completely wrong but considering this bloke is a banker, does he have anything to do with the wonga loan?

They own a 31% share in a Jordanian bank - think of it as owning a 31% stake in a Welsh bank, it's money... but not a lot.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

**** me. Every branch hit when he fell out the ugly tree. Do they still make Clearasil?

If that was me and I knew I was going to end up like my pie eating, 1 brain cell Dad, I'd be on the next plane to the Dignitas Clinic.

The gift that keeps on giving! Priceless! :laugh:

clearasil? an hour in a pool of caustic soda wouldnt clear that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hello said:

What are you on about. Look around. fair play not selling the Ashton Gate name, but it is a way to create revenue for the club to spend and you know full well the cost of football as your own owner has financed plenty. That Carling Ateyo bloke you had was a good player wasnt he, or is that a great way to honour him when you have a billionaire sticking a cheap lager before his name?

As for not having a heart, i would argue we had plenty giving we were homeless for 20 years and survived and even out peformed you lot when we had even less than no pot to piss in

Not being funny fella but don't you have an enclosure or summat sponsored by dribuild and another by the Bristol Post? 

3 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Next year's published accounts will be interesting

Are accounts published following the start of the tax year? ie if we are going to see this year's accounts, they'll be published in 2017 as the tax year is always a year behind?

7 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Not being funny fella but don't you have an enclosure or summat sponsored by dribuild and another by the Bristol Post? 

I know we do that was my point. The poster i quoted was saying if Al Qadi is so rich why does he nees to sell naming rights, we still play at AG

Well SL is rich enough that you dont need lager sponsorship in front of the Ateyo stand surely

9 minutes ago, Hello said:

I know we do that was my point. The poster i quoted was saying if Al Qadi is so rich why does he nees to sell naming rights, we still play at AG

Well SL is rich enough that you dont need lager sponsorship in front of the Ateyo stand surely

Let's be honest these rich people become rich by being very good at managing money. No matter how rich someone is there not going to give away 10k if a company is willing to pay that for their name on a stand are they? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Another possible scenario - UWE falls through, the new owners find land further afield and bye bye rovers.

I had never considered that. I'm not sure it's the most likely thing in the world, but then again, it's a possibility. 

I'm genuinely not sure how I'd feel about it. 

And where would they go?

interesting point  

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I had never considered that. I'm not sure it's the most likely thing in the world, but then again, it's a possibility. 

And where would they go?

interesting point  

I'm sure Milton Keynes could support two teams...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

And where would they go?

interesting point  

i think they will muscle in on another club with a decent ground. kingswood schoolboys maybe?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

And where would they go?

interesting point  

Nice little place a short hop over the channel,full of tents, containers,loads of arabs,home from home.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bert tann said:

Many a true word etc etc

The priority for Nicholas was to get out and this option enabled him to do that.

Although details of the transaction have not been disclosed it is interesting that those who had the most to gain by their debt being repaid seem happy whereas those who possibly expected a windfall for selling their shares do not appear overjoyed. And apparently no offer was made to the shareholders still left with 8% of the equity ?

But the big question remaining unanswered is the commitment to the future because Nicholas had repeatedly said he would only sell to someone who could show they had a plan to take Rovers forward and prove they had the funds to implement that plan.

Where is the plan ?  

The other interested party are said to have had a plan which included building the UWE Stadium to it's full specification and injecting substantial cash into the football club to help elevate the team up the leagues.

But perhaps they were not prepared to be so generous to Nicholas and Co so he turned a blind ear to them ?

Believe the new owners are quoted as saying they actually do not have a structured plan on paper as yet.of course sustainability is key but will be interesting to see some meat on the bones over the next year or so.intreaging.