IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Hello said:

I know we do that was my point. The poster i quoted was saying if Al Qadi is so rich why does he nees to sell naming rights, we still play at AG

Well SL is rich enough that you dont need lager sponsorship in front of the Ateyo stand surely

I do agree with you on this, I've always found it distasteful that possibly BCFC's greatest player has a brand name stuck in front of his name.

14 hours ago, bert tann said:

Many a true word etc etc

The priority for Nicholas was to get out and this option enabled him to do that.

But the big question remaining unanswered is the commitment to the future because Nicholas had repeatedly said he would only sell to someone who could show they had a plan to take Rovers forward and prove they had the funds to implement that plan.

Where is the plan ?  

The other interested party are said to have had a plan which included building the UWE Stadium to it's full specification and injecting substantial cash into the football club to help elevate the team up the leagues.

But perhaps they were not prepared to be so generous to Nicholas and Co so he turned a blind ear to them ?

Whatever us City fans think of Higgs Bert he is/was definitely a Rovers fan but isn't wealthy in football club ownership terms and I doubt if he got out what he put in so I can understand if his decision was based upon how much he would recoup.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I do agree with you on this, I've always found it distasteful that possibly BCFC's greatest player has a brand name stuck in front of his name.

How else does a club manage to fulfil the most important part of modern football pay the ridiculous wages that many average footballers earn these days?, the athletes who many find it difficult to occasionally play 3 games in 7 days.

34 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How else does a club manage to fulfil the most important part of modern football pay the ridiculous wages that many average footballers earn these days?, the athletes who many find it difficult to occasionally play 3 games in 7 days.

I get that E's, doesn't mean I don't find it distasteful though.

21 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

You lot still discussing Rover's take over, get a grip.

Yeah, we've been discussing it since Friday.  Yet gash heads have been harping on about Lansdown's input to our club SINCE 2009.  

Sometimes I just despair.................

Wakey, wakeyyyyyyy.

Edited by jackofromrugby
typo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I get that E's, doesn't mean I don't find it distasteful though.

I managed to watch 20 minutes of Chelski v Manc and it showed everything that is shit about modern footballers and football, a team who were crap enough to get the manager sacked suddenly remember how to play the against a team who occasionally put in enough effort over a full 90 minutes, diving, atmosphere of a morgue and as Shearer rightly pointed out Pelegrini talking out of his arse about team selection reference players being able to occasionally play 3 games in 7 days, funnily enough though the best players in the world (Roanaldo, Messi, Neymar and Suarez) manage it when called upon and in fact revel in it, all of them millionaires and one of them playing with a face like a smacked arse because having signed a newish contract he wants to play for PSG in Europe's other one horse race (after Scotland).

The only good news was at last one of these 2 clubs were forced to acknowledge that they actually have academies and play a few.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 2

This is a old thread, and the only one on Rovers where everything Rovers related gets put - that's one of the main reasons it's so large. I'd rather this than like it used to be with lots of Rovers threads clogging the front page - maybe they could just sticky it and label it "Everything Rovers Related"  so it's out of the way ?

The accounts show the bank with profits after tax of 24m Jordanian dinars, roughly the same in pounds. That is not a lot for a bank. Our guy owns 4% . A quick Google search puts his holdings worth USD 22m. Say £16m. So not a billionaire. The bank only pays 12m in total salaries so he’s not getting wealth that way. The total net assets of the bank are 250m dinar. The estimated market value per a Google search is 300m dinar. It is a tiny bank. 

I am really struggling to see why our guy is seen as a billionaire. I am delighted he is on board. He appears passionate, he has some money but not substantial amounts.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

The reason of having one thread is to keep it all 'in one thread' as opposed to seperate threads.  I'd bin it if the majority of people wanted it to go, however we might find we have 5-6 topics on them every weekend instead..

No problem fella...just thought it would be good to hide the thread a little, as it seems we are lowering ourselves to the level of the Gas by constantly discussing what they do...rather than focussing on ourselves...especially on match day...and an important game to pull away further...all good mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullbag said:

**** the gas, I couldn't give a toss.

That remark is about as far removed from what i would say on any thread about our 'esteemed' blue Bristolians! 

However, that said, I cannot help but enjoy reading what you have written. :)

I have to expand on that and say its almost John Cooper Clarke-esque in its simplicity and clarity.

Edited by havanatopia

1 hour ago, spudski said:

No problem fella...just thought it would be good to hide the thread a little, as it seems we are lowering ourselves to the level of the Gas by constantly discussing what they do...rather than focussing on ourselves...especially on match day...and an important game to pull away further...all good mate.

The reason this thread is so long is because they keep giving us reasons to laugh hysterically at them!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I sort of get your point and I was going to argue that this is a forum to discuss all things football, but then realised that we were talking about the Gas and my argument just fizzled away really. :) 

• Like 2