IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

The accounts show the bank with profits after tax of 24m Jordanian dinars, roughly the same in pounds. That is not a lot for a bank. Our guy owns 4% . A quick Google search puts his holdings worth USD 22m. Say £16m. So not a billionaire. The bank only pays 12m in total salaries so he’s not getting wealth that way. The total net assets of the bank are 250m dinar. The estimated market value per a Google search is 300m dinar. It is a tiny bank. 

I am really struggling to see why our guy is seen as a billionaire. I am delighted he is on board. He appears passionate, he has some money but not substantial amounts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

The accounts show the bank with profits after tax of 24m Jordanian dinars, roughly the same in pounds. That is not a lot for a bank. Our guy owns 4% . A quick Google search puts his holdings worth USD 22m. Say £16m. So not a billionaire. The bank only pays 12m in total salaries so he’s not getting wealth that way. The total net assets of the bank are 250m dinar. The estimated market value per a Google search is 300m dinar. It is a tiny bank. 

I am really struggling to see why our guy is seen as a billionaire. I am delighted he is on board. He appears passionate, he has some money but not substantial amounts.

Thanks for putting me in the picture

10 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Is this true..?

He can't even afford to cover the cost of their new stadium, IF it's accurate..? I was under the impression that he was at least a billionaire..?

I suppose the point of being a banker is it might be not too difficult to persuade the bank to lend the Gas the cash to cover the UWE (and court) costs - and of course to cover any shortage of funds the "billionaire" may have.

Such a transaction however could only be made on commercial terms though. A substantial repayment WILL be required.

• Like 1

I'm still quietly chuckling to myself.

Some of them think their new owners are richer than Bill Gates, well if that was the case they would have purchased Barcelona FC not Basement Rovers.

And when I've tried to point out they ain't even the richest club in Bristol I get 'well your owner doesn't even live in Bristol' thrown back at me.

So, are they expecting the Jordanian family to find a salubrious pad in Patchway before they can be taken seriously?!

Muppets, just muppets....

• Like 5

To save me reading back through all this thread, has anyone come up with a final figure of their worth. I only ask because the wild speculation is becoming boring, a mate (bloody Huddersfield fan !) has pipped up they are the 6th richest club in England.  With SL a simple Forbes/ Lansdown search and you find he is now worth £1.99 billion, with Al Qadi you don't get much. Figures vary from assets of £1.2b to net worth £65m.

I did like the post somewhere that stated they were worth £305billion, 3 times as much as Bill Gates........... the richest man in the world :blink:

24 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I suppose the point of being a banker is it might be not too difficult to persuade the bank to lend the Gas the cash to cover the UWE (and court) costs - and of course to cover any shortage of funds the "billionaire" may have.

Such a transaction however could only be made on commercial terms though. A substantial repayment WILL be required.

Isn't bank lending to business pretty cheap atm now anyway ? It's only us plebs that get fleeced with high interest rates.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

To save me reading back through all this thread, has anyone come up with a final figure of their worth. I only ask because the wild speculation is becoming boring, a mate (bloody Huddersfield fan !) has pipped up they are the 6th richest club in England.  With SL a simple Forbes/ Lansdown search and you find he is now worth £1.99 billion, with Al Qadi you don't get much. Figures vary from assets of £1.2b to net worth £65m.

I did like the post somewhere that stated they were worth £305billion, 3 times as much as Bill Gates........... the richest man in the world :blink:

They own 31% of a bank that has assets of just over a billion. The family get around 5 million a year from their bank investment.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

They own 31% of a bank that has assets of just over a billion. The family get around 5 million a year from their bank investment.

Ah, so the £1.2billion is right , I can understand that lot getting excited being in the position they were but, God their fans spout some crap !!!

Along with Radio Bristol, Evening Post etc etc....

14 minutes ago, Redtilldead said:

According to the sports reporter on HTV tonight we aren't the richest club in Bristol, words to that effect anyway,

Yep I heard it.

Like I said in the rivalry thread....good! Don't care if it's true or not, fed up with Lansdowns money being used as a stick to beat us with every time a season doesn't go to plan or someone decides not to sign for us. Bored of hearing them claim they'd do so well if only they had access to SL's sort of wealth and they'd get double our crowds if it was them fighting relegation in the Championship.

Here you go then Gasheads, time to walk the walk. They can start by selling out every home match for the rest of the season as it's such an exciting time for them now.  :yawn:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yep I heard it.

Like I said in the rivalry thread....good! Don't care if it's true or not, fed up with Lansdowns money being used as a stick to beat us with every time a season doesn't go to plan or someone decides not to sign for us. Bored of hearing them claim they'd do so well if only they had access to SL's sort of wealth and they'd get double our crowds if it was them fighting relegation in the Championship.

Here you go then Gasheads, time to walk the walk. They can start by selling out every home match for the rest of the season as it's such an exciting time for them now.  :yawn:

Where are the press getting this info from?? Gaschat!!!! 

• Like 1

Is this why the Al-Qadi family have brought Steve Hamer in as their man at the helm?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businessclub/10362863/White-collar-fraudsters-offered-jail-survival-tips.htmlWhite collar fraudsters offered jail survival tips

Former Swansea City chairman Steve Hamer has teamed up with a convicted fraudster to launch Prison Consultants, a service advising white collar criminals on how to cope with being locked up - the first business of its kind in Britain.

He's not averse to a little controversy himself,  after overseeing a poor financial period which resulted in his forced removal as chairman, prior to Swansea seeking a Company Voluntary Arrangement. He was then denied access to the Swansea boardroom while attending a match against local rivals (Cardiff),when he was in the company of Peter Risdale.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Isn't bank lending to business pretty cheap atm now anyway ? It's only us plebs that get fleeced with high interest rates.

Yes, but it's still commercial lending.

Let's compare the AG revamp to the potential new Methanarium. 

SL is able to dip into his pockets to pay for the improvements at the Gate, but it seems unlikely that the al-Qadis could do the same with the higher costs of a new build. 

It's  worth remembeting too that although the Blue Few stress that it is the family that have taken over their club, not the individual,  it's only the chairman who is recorded as having an interest in football - and he's not even the senior family member!

I would be relieved if I were them that administration in June has been staved off by this takeover,  but I'd still be very wary about the future. As some of the more prescient Gasheads on here note, it's as likely to be shit as sugar.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is this true..?

He can't even afford to cover the cost of their new stadium, IF it's accurate..? I was under the impression that he was at least a billionaire..?

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Could the family's wealth come from other sources though?

I believe that could be the case.

Let us see how good or bad a custodian these guys will be.

What i do know is that they have likely been quite savvy in buying the club now; the debt burden will have severely suppressed the value as will the sainsburys debacle. The club is likely going to be in the play off or promotion mix. In the event they go up and get some form of compensation from Sainsburys and find another buyer for the Mem then they're possibly looking at a quick financial gain. 

13 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

We are bristol city the proper team in town.

Not wanky bristol rovers,whos gaffer is a clown.

They only needed money,the arab gave them that.

But still remember gas scum YOU HAVE TO MIND THE GAP!

A fine effort sir !

Worthy of this thread's 5,000th post ! :clap:

• Like 1