IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I'd say super rich these days is 1bn+ USD

Not that's particularly exciting and I guess it's all about context anyway, particularly in terms of football ownership.

I work in that line of business and I've always used:

'High Net Worth' is >USD 5M.

'Ultra High Net Worth' is >USD 25M.

As I said, not exciting but I'd probably guess Al Qadi is still UHNW.

On 21 février 2016 at 19:33, View from the Dolman said:

They've gone with billionaire (probably because some G*s on their forum said it's true. 

He also apparently said he was now 100% with Bristol Rovers. But he couldn't wait to get along to Stamford Bridge.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Mem-Stamford-Bridge-New-Bristol-Rovers-owner-Wael/story-28779181-detail/story.html

Scouting .

Where's  Waelly ? 

Edited by Major Isewater

4 hours ago, Jafar said:

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4633/profile-received-massive-boost#ixzz411URN3c2

The Gasheads never called him a billionaire, the press did.

Your fans were calling him a billionaire within seconds of the takeover, even before the news conference. After the conference it exploded and everyone got carried away, BEP as ever included in their news story forum gossip as fact and Radio Bristol picked up on that article. Then like a badly researched Associated press/ Reuters news bulletin everyone started rewriting the same article with the same errors, the whole time your forums continued to say he was a billionaire and adding to the confusion. Ironically, within minutes on this forum you could already see people questioning his wealth, and starting to do research (that none of the papers did) we came up with his true wealth before the papers and whilst you were all saying you were now one of the richest clubs in the UK/World - one of your own forum moderators was getting so carried away that I couldn't stop laughing at all the things he was coming out with.

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 10

love the pure jealousy quote.....jealous of having more money better stadium and higher level of football.....and OMG he has personal wealth of £20m Steve could buy him out in about 35 mins in interest alone.....same old G*s bull but never let the facts get in the way of a good joke lmfao

6 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Pure jealousy I'm afraid chaps .. 

Explain please, what we have to be jealous of??

Is it that you have a new owner who's worth a few bob? So have we.

Is it that you have planning permission for a new stadium*.?? Ours is almost finished.

Trips to places like Dagenham, Newport, Accrington??

No, I'm struggling to get what the bottom dwellers think we are jealous of.

* I believe it's 5 years in July since Piggs announced details of the UWE stadium. As I recall at the time, Dancing Danny, Pepsi and several other of your deluded few were predicting you'd have left us trailing in your wake by now.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

* I believe it's 5 years in July since Piggs announced details of the UWE stadium. As I recall at the time, Dancing Danny, Pepsi and several other of your deluded few were predicting you'd have left us trailing in your wake by now.

It's almost like they spout this shit all the time....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

what exactly are we jealous of? please explain, there's many on here that would love to hear just one reason why we would be slightly jealous of BFRC...!! We're waiting?

We've never taken 300 to Braintree.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

what exactly are we jealous of? please explain, there's many on here that would love to hear just one reason why we would be slightly jealous of BFRC...!! We're waiting?

Have you ever chinned a horse?! 

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Just how desperate are they for this guy to be or seen to be "rich".........

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/New-Bristol-Rovers-owner-Wael-Al-Qadi-joins-likes/story-28807661-detail/story.html

The fact that they say they say it's sooo very exclusive they can't find it on the IWC website and yet come up with a value of, as they say ....  £15,860 IWC timepiece . It might well be valuable,exclusive and Fugly  but as you say it seems desperate.......

Reporter I've read gAssChat, he's rich, very rich in fact very very rich ! He's got a watch an' everything !!  Editor proof reads that and passes it for publication as fact, Evening Post (mis)leading local paper ! 

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Your fans were calling him a billionaire within seconds of the takeover, even before the news conference. After the conference it exploded and everyone got carried away, BEP as ever included in their news story forum gossip as fact and Radio Bristol picked up on that article. Then like a badly researched Associated press/ Reuters news bulletin everyone started rewriting the same article with the same errors, the whole time your forums continued to say he was a billionaire and adding to the confusion. Ironically, within minutes on this forum you could already see people questioning his wealth, and starting to do research (that none of the papers did) we came up with his true wealth before the papers and whilst you were all saying you were now one of the richest clubs in the UK/World - one of your own forum moderators was getting so carried away that I couldn't stop laughing at all the things he was coming out with.

Fairs fair, they've got their own Basement millionaire !

59 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Time will tell no doubt.

Yes. Yes it will. Quantum mechanics tells us that if you bounce a ball against a wall for infinity, at one point it will travel through the wall without bouncing back.

This is how I feel about Rovers; you're a concept. Something that I can only theorise about without, In reality, ever experiencing.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

Yes. Yes it will. Quantum mechanics tells us that if you bounce a ball against a wall for infinity, at one point it will travel through the wall without bouncing back.

This is how I feel about Rovers; you're a concept. Something that I can only theorise about without, In reality, ever experiencing.

Would that be like Schrodinger`s Gas? If you locked them in a hermetically sealed box, would they carry on being  noisy and delusional in there or would they cease to exist as you can no longer hear them?

• Like 7