IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 24 February 2016 at 14:45, BCFC Jordan said:

Have they realised their owner isn't as rich as they thought yet?

Nope, I'm still laffing at the clown who thought the family was richer than Bill Gates! 

They ain't even the richest club in Bristol, but they still quote on their forum: '...when we're the Man City of the south west...'

You just can't make it up!

Has it caught up with them yet that they are in the bottom division with 7,000 fans and have recently lost at home to the likes of Chesham, Stevenage, Newport, Accrington Stanley, etc!

1 hour ago, Son Of Nob said:

Yes. Yes it will. Quantum mechanics tells us that if you bounce a ball against a wall for infinity, at one point it will travel through the wall without bouncing back.

This is how I feel about Rovers; you're a concept. Something that I can only theorise about without, In reality, ever experiencing.

"Quantum mechanics is the science of the very small". Very applicable when discussing Rovers  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Philgas said:

Pure jealousy I'm afraid chaps .. 

Saying I'm an embarrassment just like my club .. you don't even know me .. yeah we may be down in the basement but we have something actually happening for the greater good ( in our eyes anyway ) .. got loads of s*ithead mates and it's called banter 

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

Saying I'm an embarrassment just like my club .. you don't even know me .. yeah we may be down in the basement but we have something actually happening for the greater good ( in our eyes anyway ) .. got loads of s*ithead mates and it's called banter 

Why are you arguing with yourself in the post above Phil, been on the Absinthe tonight fella?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Philgas said:

Using facts, can you explain to me what is actually happening for the greater good? 

Based on everything I've read I'm yet to be convinced that this bloke is a better option than Higgs.

On 22 February 2016 at 08:07, Aizoon said:

I'm sure Milton Keynes could support two teams...

It had 2 long before MK Dons, one went bust and one of them was set to get some money injected in attempt to climb the leagues and get into league 2, and then MK Dons happened and killed the club

Edited by City169

8 hours ago, Son Of Nob said:

Yes. Yes it will. Quantum mechanics tells us that if you bounce a ball against a wall for infinity, at one point it will travel through the wall without bouncing back.

This is how I feel about Rovers; you're a concept. Something that I can only theorise about without, In reality, ever experiencing.

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Would that be like Schrodinger`s Gas? If you locked them in a hermetically sealed box, would they carry on being  noisy and delusional in there or would they cease to exist as you can no longer hear them?

Got to say, these are the 2 most scientific football put downs I've heard, although that is only a list of 2

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Philgas said:

The greater good!

image.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Just Red said:

Using facts, can you explain to me what is actually happening for the greater good? 

Based on everything I've read I'm yet to be convinced that this bloke is a better option than Higgs.

Thats easy JR..they know all the best routes to the national league grounds,fuel savings galore when they visit again in the near future:whistle2:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You've still not said what we're jealous of..

This maybe....?

[IMG]

Or this clown....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0uArd_j-KmoLMsbJ2wB6

This..........??

image_update_bed1e619cdbdaeba_1361830527

Come on Phil, help us out...

The stand in the last picture really is something to behold. Quite unbelievable really. 

Genuinely I'm not sure I've ever seen anything shitter. 

• Like 7

what a funny lot you are, i post sensible thread and you go all aggressive on me.

All this denial stuff, i spent pre season telling my city mates that you had no chance of a play off place, and they, like many on this board seemed to

be in a parallel universe.   Then there are the "Brendan Rogers", "moyes" managerial posts.  Seriously!!!  

Anyway - Rovers owners value. It wasnt bought by Waed, it was bought by his family who are Billionaires.  How much is he worth, i dont know,

but your missing the point.  Look at Swansea, Leicester, the structure of the club is far more important.

If i was a city fan i would be quite pleased, any chance of lansdown sitting on his laurels, or maybe concentrating more on the rugby, have probably taken a turn.

I think City will progress more with Rovers playing catch up, and visa versa.

All the best...

5 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

what a funny lot you are, i post sensible thread and you go all aggressive on me.

All this denial stuff, i spent pre season telling my city mates that you had no chance of a play off place, and they, like many on this board seemed to

be in a parallel universe.   Then there are the "Brendan Rogers", "moyes" managerial posts.  Seriously!!!  

Anyway - Rovers owners value. It wasnt bought by Waed, it was bought by his family who are Billionaires.  How much is he worth, i dont know,

but your missing the point.  Look at Swansea, Leicester, the structure of the club is far more important.

If i was a city fan i would be quite pleased, any chance of lansdown sitting on his laurels, or maybe concentrating more on the rugby, have probably taken a turn.

I think City will progress more with Rovers playing catch up, and visa versa.

All the best...

Can't see anyone getting aggressive. Your football club has made us laugh for a good few years. And I'm sure there is more to come . Keep up the good work