IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

38 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

what a funny lot you are, i post sensible thread and you go all aggressive on me.

All this denial stuff, i spent pre season telling my city mates that you had no chance of a play off place, and they, like many on this board seemed to

be in a parallel universe.   Then there are the "Brendan Rogers", "moyes" managerial posts.  Seriously!!!  

Anyway - Rovers owners value. It wasnt bought by Waed, it was bought by his family who are Billionaires.  How much is he worth, i dont know,

but your missing the point.  Look at Swansea, Leicester, the structure of the club is far more important.

If i was a city fan i would be quite pleased, any chance of lansdown sitting on his laurels, or maybe concentrating more on the rugby, have probably taken a turn.

I think City will progress more with Rovers playing catch up, and visa versa.

All the best...

Really !! you really should name them,those family members with a financial interest in the 15ers.

On 20 February 2016 at 19:46, S_Y_G said:

119 pages on the gas, come on guys, we have a result to talk about.  7400, bottom tier, crap day, against  team with virtually no fans is pretty much what we got when we were there.

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

All this denial stuff, i spent pre season telling my city mates that you had no chance of a play off place, and they, like many on this board seemed to

be in a parallel universe.   Then there are the "Brendan Rogers", "moyes" managerial posts.  Seriously!!!  

Oh, so you're a Gashead now then? You didn't give that impression in your post on Saturday night.

....and don't lecture us on delusion. We both play in a Britain's 7th biggest city with a surrounding area population in the region of 750,000 people yet Gasheads think they are classed as a big club with a 'massive' fanbase because they sometimes get 9000 of those people through the gates on a Saturday.

Also....and I hate to break this to you but...you aren't as admired and respected among the rest of the Football World as you all seem to think and that was before you had money.

As I've already mentioned earlier in the thread, most of you lot won't be able to control yourselves now and you'll be bragging about your apparent wealth like Wayne Slob winning the lottery, waving fivers and mocking opposing fans whilst still believing in your peanut brains that the average football fan thinks your amazing and much more pleasant than "they ******* shit eds down the road".

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

what a funny lot you are, i post sensible thread and you go all aggressive on me.

Anyway - Rovers owners value. It wasnt bought by Waed, it was bought by his family who are Billionaires.  How much is he worth, i dont know,

but your missing the point.  Look at Swansea, Leicester, the structure of the club is far more important.

If i was a city fan i would be quite pleased, any chance of lansdown sitting on his laurels, or maybe concentrating more on the rugby, have probably taken a turn.

I think City will progress more with Rovers playing catch up, and visa versa.

All the best...

Wait, you're NOT a City fan? But you had me so convinced!!!

• Admin
2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

So who is the owner? Can it REALLY be owned by a group of people? Surely it would depend on who owns the individual shares?

Swansea are a great example look how your Chairman got on when he was with them !

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

not one sensible response.

And not one iota of proof that the family - apart from Wael who you presumably admit is worth less than £100m - "are billionaires".

"No one knows exactly how much" eh? 

Hmmmmm convenient that. No one apart from you and various other methane inhalers seems to know: not Forbes or the Sunday Times rich list. 

They have managed to become vastly wealthy by part owning a small bank in one of the Middle East's poorest countries. Oh and a couple of hotels.

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

And not one iota of proof that the family - apart from Wael who you presumably admit is worth less than £100m - "are billionaires".

Hmmmmm convenient that. No one apart from you and various other methane inhalers seems to know: not Forbes or the Sunday Times rich list. 

They have managed to become vastly wealthy by part owning a small bank in one of the Middle East's poorest countries. Oh and a couple of hotels.

Well i for one am happy that the Gas are in good hands . We all know that bankers can be trusted ...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

All the best...

Yes, that's a good point. SL will have sat up and taken notice of this, which probably wouldn't have been the case if another of your own - another milkman, Boycie Bradshaw or Higgs type - had taken over. It would be fascinating to hear his thoughts on this, he might be asked tomorrow in Nottingham.

No harm in Lansdown and Bristol Sport getting a wake up call. If that's what all this turns out to be. We shall have to wait and see

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh, so you're a Gashead now then? You didn't give that impression in your post on Saturday night.

....and don't lecture us on delusion. We both play in a Britain's 7th biggest city with a surrounding area population in the region of 750,000 people yet Gasheads think they are classed as a big club with a 'massive' fanbase because they sometimes get 9000 of those people through the gates on a Saturday.

Also....and I hate to break this to you but...you aren't as admired and respected among the rest of the Football World as you all seem to think and that was before you had money.

As I've already mentioned earlier in the thread, most of you lot won't be able to control yourselves now and you'll be bragging about your apparent wealth like Wayne Slob winning the lottery, waving fivers and mocking opposing fans whilst still believing in your peanut brains that the average football fan thinks your amazing and much more pleasant than "they ******* shit eds down the road".

Excellent point Peter.

The 15ers seem to think they are popular; and we are loathed. This is purely down to the fact that they do not represent any form of challenge (on the pitch) to major clubs (Premier League and Championship clubs, in essence).

It is like being a fan of Accrington; nobody is going to mention them when asked to name a "hated club", because their club is pretty insignificant (with all due respect to them, of course !).

If you asked any fan which club they hated the most (after their local rivals), the chances are the top answer will be Man Utd.

The reasons being of course their success, and the size of their club.

This factor is completely lost on the assheads.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Pipe dreams RR,theres no doubt the the family have a few bob between them,but and its a big but, have they borrowed against their investments,no body will ever know so this billionaire tag is very suspect,as you say there is no mention on the net  anywhere that this family have that much wealth, also you can search until the cows come home that the family are really involved with Wael in this venture,when i see his name on the rich lists i say fair enough,good luck to them but the snorters are prematurely spouting  their usual crap,gob shut and wait and see me thinks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Apparantly Wael has been in Switzerland this week as part of the team supporting the candidacy of Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa in his attempt to win the vote for FIFA presidency. Wael, that was in vain.

He was there to kiss the arse of, er I mean support,  Prince Ali of Jordan. He got nowhere. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

not one sensible response.

S-y-g

can you answer some questions

1 have your new owner payed off the lone

2 if you lose the Sainsbury court case where the money coming from to pay court charges

3 why have you pulled out on the uwe deal

4 where the money coming from to build a new ground 

5 why was Darrel told there no money for new players

6 if he has money to invest why have yet to be seen 

7 why did Darrel offer to leave 

please try to answer questions sensibility 

• Like 3

Did 

3 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

S-y-g

2 if you lose the Sainsbury court case where the money coming from to pay court charges

3 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

S-y-g

Did Darrell get caught wanxxxg off the dog that Belongs to the bloke at the top of Muller rd? Sure I seen summit on the htv news just then.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Something about them being the only club in the league that no-one actually cares about and he was hysterical that they seemed to be sponsored by the snack van in the corner of the ground when they had 'Bradshaws Snack Box' on their shirts!

Wahey!

Be fair, they've gone up in the world since then. They're now sponsored by a back street boozer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

S-y-g

This wasn't directed at me, but let me do my best to help.

1 No idea.

2 See the above.

3 We haven't.

4 See no. 2.

5 He wasn't.

6 He's been the owner for all of one week.

7 He didn't.

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

S-y-g

Can I have a go?   I will anyway.

Answers

1. No, he said they'd work to make the club debt free over a period of time. No guarantees.

2. They'll take out another loan.

3. They haven't. The new owner said they'd have another look at the deal to make sure it's the right one for the club/new ownership. It means they'll pull out.

4. Sainsbury's.          The cash point machine at Winterstoke Road.

5. He wasn't told that, they're going to develop their own, just as they have in the past.

6. He spent it on his season ticket at Stamford Bridge.

7. He didn't want to upset any more of his team sponsors customers, with his obnoxious drunken rantings in the local boozer.

I don't suppose that much has changed really.

Edited by Rich
addition
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Apparantly Wael has been in Switzerland this week as part of the team supporting the candidacy of Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa in his attempt to win the vote for FIFA presidency. Wael, that was in vain.

Prince Ali got 4 votes. Apparently, Wally is requesting a recount on the grounds that 'thousands' of voters were locked out and were therefore unable to cast their votes...

• Like 14

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

Pipe dreams RR,theres no doubt the the family have a few bob between them,but and its a big but, have they borrowed against their investments,no body will ever know so this billionaire tag is very suspect,as you say there is no mention on the net  anywhere that this family have that much wealth, also you can search until the cows come home that the family are really involved with Wael in this venture,when i see his name on the rich lists i say fair enough,good luck to them but the snorters are prematurely spouting  their usual crap,gob shut and wait and see me thinks.

Very perceptive. When SL decided to rebuild AG he just sold £47M worth of Hargreaves Lsnsdown shares. I doubt that the Al Qazi funds are quite the liquid.