IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Beating Hartlepool at home is something to brag about..

The irony is that they don't appreciate that even in their success it's still damn funny. I'm not gutted they can beat the likes of Hartlepool, I'm thoroughly amused that they play them in the first place regardless of the result. 

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Someone on Slagchat actually thinks that's a great turnout.

...but then this is the same deluded idiots that slag off our attendances and reckon they'd get 20 odd thousand every other week at the UWE if they were in the Championship. Full of shit.

I kid you not the other week on their one of them started a thread which said something like 'are we some of the best fans in England'

it then had the usual bollocks about how great there away support is as a % to their home support, what they don't actually realise is - they just have shit home support and average away support

******* deluded 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

I kid you not the other week on their one of them started a thread which said something like 'are we some of the best fans in England'

it then had the usual bollocks about how great there away support is as a % to their home support, what they don't actually realise is - they just have shit home support and average away support

******* deluded 

If the starting point is 5000 odd it doesn't take many to have a great proportion. 

23 minutes ago, Rob k said:

******* deluded 

Absolutely spot on....not that they'll listen when you point that out to them though. I know Gasheads at work who use this bizarre percentage calculation to 'prove' how great they are.

Its rubbish of course. I bet Accrington have a similar home/away percentage figure as the Gas. I bet they don't bore everyone else to death about how amazing they consider themselves.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

10 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Historically their lowest season average is lower than ours, and our highest seasons average is higher than theirs.

We've won more games against them than vice versa.

We have a spiritual home - they were rent boys at Eastville and Bath, obtained a stadium from Bristol's rugby club via the back-door and if they are lucky will end-up playing in a glorified university sports stadium in South Gloucestershire. They tried to nick Ashton Gate when City was on its knees.

They have blocked Bristol City Council support of our club out of jealousy and spite on several occasions, once when it could have saved us, and for the World Cup project. They did all they could to block the Vale project.

The song they love so much was stolen from Portsmouth. It's an embarrassing dirge in any case and as far as I can tell has no obvious link to football or the local culture.

When they were relegated out of the Football League, rather than taking it on the chin, they tried their best to get a points deduction against Wycombe in the hope that they could swap places with them.

They revel in the rag-baggedness caused by their previous inept Boards, by labeling themselves the family club yet attack families having lunch in a pub, and were fighting in the car park at Wycombe last Saturday.

After years of ridiculous abuse about SL and Bristol Sport (which is probably the only form of business model that can help the club prosper these days, short of massive growth in crowds) they w-4-n-k themselves silly about being bought-out by some bloke from Jordan who's family owns a couple of hotels and shares in a bank.

No-one likes them, but not because they've earned the dislike the proper way, like Millwall have, but because they are just awful.

They took Irene from Plymouth, mate. Don't think they would've dared try and "take" anything from Pompey

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Historically their lowest season average is lower than ours, and our highest seasons average is higher than theirs.

We have a spiritual home - they were rent boys at Eastville and Bath, obtained a stadium from Bristol's rugby club via the back-door and if they are lucky will end-up playing in a glorified university sports stadium in South Gloucestershire. They tried to nick Ashton Gate when City was on its knees.

They have blocked Bristol City Council support of our club out of jealousy and spite on several occasions, once when it could have saved us, and for the World Cup project. They did all they could to block the Vale project.

The song they love so much was stolen from Portsmouth. It's an embarrassing dirge in any case and as far as I can tell has no obvious link to football or the local culture.

When they were relegated out of the Football League, rather than taking it on the chin, they tried their best to get a points deduction against Wycombe in the hope that they could swap places with them.

They revel in the rag-baggedness caused by their previous inept Boards, by labeling themselves the family club yet attack families having lunch in a pub, and were fighting in the car park at Wycombe last Saturday.

After years of ridiculous abuse about SL and Bristol Sport (which is probably the only form of business model that can help the club prosper these days, short of massive growth in crowds) they w-4-n-k themselves silly about being bought-out by some bloke from Jordan who's family owns a couple of hotels and shares in a bank.

No-one likes them, but not because they've earned the dislike the proper way, like Millwall have, but because they are just awful.

Almost in a nutshell and very true. Though there are many things missing from the long list of misdemeanours, from top to bottom and many in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Almost in a nutshell and very true. Though there are many things missing from the long list of misdemeanours, from top to bottom and many in the middle. 

We took more to Coventry last season than there were at Eastville for it's last game in 1986 (including visiting Chesterfield fans)?

58 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Chromosomally deficient belters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think Rovers are to be applauded.

Very few clubs provide that amount of ground space to those with significant learning disabilities.

I'lI bet the journey home on the sunshine bus this evening will be incredible. The windows will never have been cleaner.

And that truly is the worst position of being a football fan at any club..we are all lumped in together with people we just often don't want to be around,especially those sharing the family braincell.

On 2/21/2016 at 09:05, Hello said:

Hopr to see you in the championship in a couple of seasons. Fingers crossed

All six of them?? 

Didn't they win 4-1? Had to look it up, always have to look it up when they win, only losses get reported on here, odd that. Still they are 6th now, and hanging in there, looks like the new money has made a huge difference already. 

Edited by ten minutes of rough

13 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I can't remember where I was when Kennedy was assassinated, nor when John Lennon was shot. We all do remember however, where we were when the Gas were finally relegated to the Vanarama Conference, having spent just 40 odd minutes all season in the relegation zone.

That's right, in the away end :thumbsup:

The away end at Crawley I'm presuming.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, glynriley said:

Peeing down with rain, 500 mile round trip for the away fans, 3 defeats in the last 4, plus the fact you actually have to watch Roverzzzzzzz.

6500, tops.

21 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Peeing down with rain, 5 mile round trip for the home fans, 3 defeats in the last 4, plus the fact that you actually have to watch Roverzzzzzzz.

6500 tops.

Looks like we (you, really) underestimated the Gas mass @glynriley - by 134! Such a throng.

21 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Looks like we (you, really) underestimated the Gas mass @glynriley - by 134! Such a throng.

Bugger, 134 extra fans. Where the fudge did they all come from?

Obviously word is spreading out to the hills that they have new wealthy owners and their world domination is well under way.

hillbillies.jpg

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Yeah I know Adam but, see, that truth doesn't fit in with the untruth of the intended "joke" made in the original post. :facepalm:

Ahh fair enough, it is much to early for me to be reading between the lines, so to speak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

87 Hartlepool fans last night.

I have to say that for that length of journey from the North East for a night game to watch a side in the bottom three of the whole football league that is far, far more impressive than the 6500 who crawled out of Lockleaze and Southmead to attend.

• Like 12