IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have to say that for that length of journey from the North East for a night game to watch a side in the bottom three of the whole football league that is far, far more impressive than the 6500 who crawled out of Lockleaze and Southmead to attend.

You didn't have to say that Graham, but it's very good of you to do so, and we're all very grateful that you did.

• Like 1

Forbes 2016 Billionaire list comes out.....

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6108/owner-richer-steve-lansdown

My favourite part of the thread is how those of them who once believed the hype are now trying to shame the OP for starting the thread!

It seems it no longer matters what money he has... It's about what he is prepared to do for the club.

In order to remain positive they now believe that this middle aged Jordanian Chelsea fan who was born into a wealthy family is going to become the greatest president in football club history!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nathredwood said:

Forbes 2016 Billionaire list comes out.....

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6108/owner-richer-steve-lansdown

My favourite part of the thread is how those of them who once believed the hype are now trying to shame the OP for starting the thread!

It seems it no longer matters what money he has... It's about what he is prepared to do for the club.

In order to remain positive they now believe that this middle aged Jordanian Chelsea fan who was born into a wealthy family is going to become the greatest president in football club history!

How on earth do they all just 'assume' their own is wealthier? 

I thought the EP were alone in their unique reporting methods of pure guessing, but apparently not. 

I like that its only been a couple of weeks and already some of their fans are embarrassed by how most of the fanbase have reacted to the news. They're even coming around to the realisation that they might not ACTUALLY be the most popular club in the whole of the UK and could even be going down the path of dislike!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

All six of them?? 

Didn't they win 4-1? Had to look it up, always have to look it up when they win, only losses get reported on here, odd that. Still they are 6th now, and hanging in there, looks like the new money has made a huge difference already. 

Credit where its due-bounce back from the wilderness at the first pop,in with a genuine shout of an immediate return to league one..and there are a rumblings already about the manager now they have money to put in the meter.I kid you not.

28 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:
28 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

So the silly sags are now saying he isn't the owner,his family are,but they're not on the list either,stranger and stranger.

So the silly sags are now saying he isn't the owner,his family are,but they're not on the list either,stranger and stranger.

Simple really,he/ they are not that rich..the answer can be found here.

https://www.quora.com/profile/Luisa-Kroll

Had to share this text I've just had from one of my gas head mates... I almost wet myself!!!............

Not messing about is our Wael!

"We need a new stadium"
"Whats the best stadium in the country?"
"Wembley"
"Ok lets get the guy who built that in then"
"Done"

Feeling good about our club and its future 

Wael quoted last night "we will make Landsdown eat his words" about no one remembering Rovers in a few years time :)

WHAT'S ALL THAT ABOUT!! HahA

19 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Wael quoted last night "we will make Landsdown eat his words" about no one remembering Rovers in a few years time :)

Please can someone enlighten me regarding this supposed quote from Lansdown. Gasheads bang on and on about it, Nailseacookie was even going to post a video on here years ago showing him saying it (presumably whilst sat in a huge chair laughing and stroking a cat) but as of yet...nothing.

Have they let their victim mentality get the better of them and got the wrong end of the stick (ie 'Ragass Rovers') or did SL genuinely come out with some banter towards the Gas which has successfully had them crying and bitching for years?

31 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

"no one remembering Rovers in a few years time" 

Well lets be honest I think everyone forgot they were playing last night judging by their attendance.

Exactly! Nearly 1,000 less than the messiah's first game in charge against the mighty Morecambe was it?!

And I'm loving the slow realisation amongst their paltry fanbase that the new owner ain't as rich as they thought! 

And with perfect comedy timing Lansdown is recently announced as being worth nearly two BILLION dollars!

I know there are drawbacks to being in a two club City, but there are comedic advantages too!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:
12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Very interesting, thanks.

Glad he's on your side mind...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-422936/Cunnah-pays-price-Wembley-fiasco.html

Tis ok he is starting small, refurbishing Santas Grotto

53 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Of course, they are talking about a multi-use stadium but there's no rugby with which to share now. Perhaps they should consider speedway and greyhound racing?

Ping Pong, cribbage and darts perhaps?

35 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Very interesting, thanks.

Glad he's on your side mind...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-422936/Cunnah-pays-price-Wembley-fiasco.html

So, they have the guy who got sacked for completely fudging up Wembley "delivering" their new stadium, the guy who got sacked for nearly driving Swansea to the wall and who associates himself with convicted fraudsters as their new chairman and a Chelsea loving president whose "wealth" is still a mystery as is any real indication of what he intends to invest.............pftt, sit back, relax and take in the view boys, this is only going one way 

• Like 9