IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Nick Higgs has taken a lot of flack from the forum over the years, but I think we should all apologise. He's obviously an astute businessman as he's manage to offload all his debts to a  squillionsaire from Jordan on the promise of a £30m windfall from Sainsbury. He's laughing all the way to the bank

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Wembley got built and is a great experience on a matchday. You had a good day out in 2008 so cant complain...

That really is the one straw you gAssholes have to clutch, isn't it!!??

Hope Al Bundy and the rest of the blue few don't take today's news too hard.....

0610427e207b7c8b7a298c06fe49386b.jpg

Edited by glynriley

10 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Wembley got built and is a great experience on a matchday. You had a good day out in 2008 so cant complain...

Oh my - is that the best you've got? Taking the piss because we lost a Championship play off final, a game you lot can only dream about ever playing in

Anyway, do us a favour - **** off

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Weezord said:

You can never win, at best only draw, putting this up, because we just come back with Colin Daniel relegating you out of the Football League, down into non-league football, where you played against clubs with average gates below four figures, below 1000, part time clubs.

And therein lies the difference in Bristol:

Rovers celebrate the goal at Wembley that cost City a place in the top league of English football, while

City celebrate the goal at a dump in Horfield that sent Rovers tumbling out of the bottom tier, the fourth division, into non-league football. 

That's the clear difference between us, and I'm struggling to see this changing anytime soon 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Do you know who exactly is going to be ultimately responsible for this new unexpected legal bill debt?, you know the the bill for the water tight case?.

I wonder if Wally has a Sainsbury's get out clause? or has Higgs done the club, it's fans and Wally up like a kipper for one final time?.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Do you know who exactly is going to be ultimately responsible for this new unexpected legal bill debt?, you know the the bill for the water tight case?.

I wonder if Wally has a Sainsbury's get out clause? or has Higgs done the club, it's fans and Wally up like a kipper for one final time?.

I have a strong feeling that the future for Rovers is still very bleak.  There is something about this Wael guy that doesn't stack up - who in their right mind would take on a club considering he knew about all this shambles and the legal costs he would likely have to stump up?  I have still not seen any evidence that he is actually a billionaire?!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Oh dear, did adding the caveat that you conveniently forgot touch a nerve?

It's ok, you taking the piss about us getting to 90 minutes away from the Premier league is a bit pathetic when you've never been that close in your entire history. That is unless you want to go back to pretending to support Pompey because you're ashamed of supporting the laughing stock that is Bristol Rovers.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I have a strong feeling that the future for Rovers is still very bleak.  There is something about this Wael guy that doesn't stack up - who in their right mind would take on a club considering he knew about all this shambles and the legal costs he would likely have to stump up?  I have still not seen any evidence that he is actually a billionaire?!

One way to tell a billionaire is, what do they own?

Central London property/multiple properties

Enormous Yachts

Helicopters

Fourth division football club

That sort of thing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

One way to tell a billionaire is, what do they own?

Central London property/multiple properties

Enormous Yachts

Helicopters

Fourth division football club

That sort of thing

He's got a very nice watch.

The Bristol Post told us so.

Just in case you've forgotten 

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/New-Bristol-Rovers-owner-Wael-Al-Qadi-joins-likes/story-28807661-detail/story.html

Edited by Libertine1
  • Like 1

Dismissing the club's appeal, however, Lord Justice Floyd said Sainsbury's was within its rights to terminate the contract.

The supermarket chain had met its obligation to use "all reasonable endeavours" to obtain an "acceptable" planning consent for the project.

Rovers said it had "consistently pressed" the supermarket chain to back the club's own bid to lift the delivery hours restriction.

But the judge, sitting with Lords Justice Laws and McCombe, ruled that Sainsbury's had been under no legal obligation to "give its name" to the club's attempt.

The court's ruling spells the end of Bristol Rovers' long legal campaign to force Sainsbury's into going through with the deal.

The club, which was refused permission to appeal further to the Supreme Court, now also faces enormous legal costs bills.

A Sainsbury's spokesperson said: "We're pleased that the Court has robustly dismissed Bristol Rover's appeal and ruled that the conditional contract lawfully ended in November 2014.

They think it's all over ....................... it is now!

• Like 3

Love this post on Gaschat

Not a surprise, still think Sainsbury's are also loser in this whole business as the store would have been a gold mine and they would have made good money there, shame they are too short sighted to see that. One thing is guaranteed I will never spend any money in their stores and I am sure lots of other people in Bristol have either cut back their visits or will continue to boycott them. If they buy Argos I will boycott them as well.

If only that Gashead would have told Sainsbury's that this new store would have been a goldmine they'd have never pulled out of the deal.

Despite them employing all manner of retail analysts who came to the conclusion that the store wouldn't be a goldmine some bedroom retail expert knew more. 

• Like 4

Any idea what the legal costs could be on this? I know their owner is the richest man in the world, but that still has to hurt

Ain't it just ******* brilliant, though? All the Blue Few that have piped up on fb & twitter lately, relegation parties planned, the gap closing, Bill Gates in charge, the derby to look forward to again next season, then overtaking us....KA*******BOOM, back in the room my little sausages, back in the room

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Love this post on Gaschat

Not a surprise, still think Sainsbury's are also loser in this whole business as the store would have been a gold mine and they would have made good money there, shame they are too short sighted to see that. One thing is guaranteed I will never spend any money in their stores and I am sure lots of other people in Bristol have either cut back their visits or will continue to boycott them. If they buy Argos I will boycott them as well.

If only that Gashead would have told Sainsbury's that this new store would have been a goldmine they'd have never pulled out of the deal.

Despite them employing all manner of retail analysts who came to the conclusion that the store wouldn't be a goldmine some bedroom retail expert knew more. 

That is brilliant. I'm sure they will look back and regret that they took on, and beat, a club with such a long and prowed history, and with a fan base the envy of many

Tell me, Mr Sainsbury, where did it all go wrong?

20 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Dismissing the club's appeal, however, Lord Justice Floyd said Sainsbury's was within its rights to terminate the contract.

The supermarket chain had met its obligation to use "all reasonable endeavours" to obtain an "acceptable" planning consent for the project.

Rovers said it had "consistently pressed" the supermarket chain to back the club's own bid to lift the delivery hours restriction.

But the judge, sitting with Lords Justice Laws and McCombe, ruled that Sainsbury's had been under no legal obligation to "give its name" to the club's attempt.

The court's ruling spells the end of Bristol Rovers' long legal campaign to force Sainsbury's into going through with the deal.

The club, which was refused permission to appeal further to the Supreme Court, now also faces enormous legal costs bills.

A Sainsbury's spokesperson said: "We're pleased that the Court has robustly dismissed Bristol Rover's appeal and ruled that the conditional contract lawfully ended in November 2014.

They think it's all over ....................... it is now!

Just in the interests of "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" :whistle: it might not be. Whilst the Court of Appeal may have rejected permission to appeal to the Surpreme Court, you can appeal against that decision by asking the Supreme Court directly to consider the case.

41 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Yeah, completely the same... same owner, same chairman, same ex-chief executive of Wembley on board.

Obviously with those slight twists. But yeah, this is the same.

Ah yes, the Chelsea fan owner who wanted to buy Gillingham, the Chairman who left Swansea before they were good, the Wembley guy who was sacked- I'm sure they have your best interests at heart. And that my friend is where it's all the same - you lap it all up and assume everything your told is correct.

• Like 5