IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Any idea what the legal costs could be on this? I know their owner is the richest man in the world, but that still has to hurt

Ain't it just ******* brilliant, though? All the Blue Few that have piped up on fb & twitter lately, relegation parties planned, the gap closing, Bill Gates in charge, the derby to look forward to again next season, then overtaking us....KA*******BOOM, back in the room my little sausages, back in the room

think when they got the right to appeal, an estimate at the time was about £500,000 - what a welcome for the new owner, £550k straight down the pan!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

Spurious link of the day..................  :aok2:

Al Bundy......... now that takes me back.  I seem to recall that his wife Peg's maiden name made her sound like the Gas manager.  Or am I mistaken?

http://marriedwithchildren.wikia.com/wiki/Peg_Bundy

Correctomundo..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Any idea what the legal costs could be on this? I know their owner is the richest man in the world, but that still has to hurt

Ain't it just ******* brilliant, though? All the Blue Few that have piped up on fb & twitter lately, relegation parties planned, the gap closing, Bill Gates in charge, the derby to look forward to again next season, then overtaking us....KA*******BOOM, back in the room my little sausages, back in the room

Too wide a range to guess. However, Sainsburys almost certainly won't be getting every single penny spent on their defence back. What will happen now is the parties will to and fro about the costs incurred and agree a proportion for which Rovers are liable, or go to a costs hearing. Rovers may have taken (very expensive) insurance out againsts costs too .

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Sixth richest club in the country.......so people keep telling me, yet they are now looking into "Plan B". Isn't there a Plan A where the multi-gazillionaire just dips his hand in his pocket and builds the ground then?

You mean like Stephen Lansdown did for Bristol City FC?

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Just in the interests of "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" :whistle: it might not be. Whilst the Court of Appeal may have rejected permission to appeal to the Surpreme Court, you can appeal against that decision by asking the Supreme Court directly to consider the case.

Why not go the whole hog and appeal to the European Court of Human Rights? If that fails, they could try the European Court of Justice. 

34 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I always fancied an orange kit on day..

11138688_503118986512723_5831774681429610102_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Sainsbury's as our new shirt sponsor? Go on Steve no harm in asking!

How long do we have left with RSG? 

Quite fancy a national supermarket chain sponsor and an orange away kit...

As funny as this is, I can't help think we probably dodged a bullet by not having to deal with Sainsbury, or similar, with our ground.

If Ashton Vale had gone ahead they would've probably tried to pull the same stunt as supermarkets stopped building big stores around that time - though I'm sure our contract would've been watertight!

Another gem from asschat.

Did anyone expect us to win?

As for the other lot, **** em? Wael has said how important a stadium is regardless of today's result. They've been backed by billions and achieved **** all except for bouncing between League 1 and the Championship, and are just making the most of the little time that they have left above us. They've mocked DC and he's turned out to be excellent and a breath of fresh air, they've mocked the way we've been ran, and now we're being ran well, they've mocked the way we have no money, and now we do.

They're scared and they don't want to admit it. :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

As for the other lot, **** em? Wael has said how important a stadium is regardless of today's result. They've been backed by billions and achieved **** all except for bouncing between League 1 and the Championship, and are just making the most of the little time that they have left above us. They've mocked DC and he's turned out to be excellent and a breath of fresh air, they've mocked the way we've been ran, and now we're being ran well, they've mocked the way we have no money, and now we do.

And now they've sold out to foreign owners we're STILL laughing at them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

That is a whole lot of wrong

Quick poll - is anyone scared of the Blue Few? I'll start it off - I'm not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Yawn. You will have to try MUCH harder than that.

Is that the best they can come up with. At least we were there. They have never been anywhere near and now they are even more in our shadow. Watch and weep gas heads - nice shiny refurbished AG and you have a cowshed that isn't even your by right you Gypos

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

That is a whole lot of wrong

Quick poll - is anyone scared of the Blue Few? I'll start it off - I'm not

Well, we've got Bolton to be scared of first. Then the likes of Hull City, Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn, QPR - you know, clubs that were in the Premier League, clubs trying to get back to the Premier League.

You can only worry about so much at any one time.

If it's any consolation to them, I'll worry about Rovers over the summer when we haven't got trying to beat clubs like Derby and Wednesday to worry about. Then we can worry about little old L2 clubs up the road 

25 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

As funny as this is, I can't help think we probably dodged a bullet by not having to deal with Sainsbury, or similar, with our ground.

If Ashton Vale had gone ahead they would've probably tried to pull the same stunt as supermarkets stopped building big stores around that time - though I'm sure our contract would've been watertight!

I don't think it would have mattered as SL would have funded it and got AV built where the gas were reliant on Sainsburys buying the land. Let's see if there new owners will stump up the cash although if they apply to develop the Mem for housing although will get nowhere near what they were getting from Sainsburys