IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Sainsbury's set to raise bid as Argos takeover deadline approaches

Investors expect Sainsbury’s to offer as much as £1.5bn for Argos on Friday, as the supermarket considers trumping a rival South African bid for the catalogue shop ahead of a 5pm deadline.

I have heard they have just added on another £30,000,000 they had lying around ... and possibly the court fees as and when Wally's wallet finally opens up and settles Higgs' debts

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/mar/17/sainsburys-set-to-raise-bid-as-argos-takeover-deadline-approaches

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I have heard they have just added on another £30,000,000 they had lying around ... and possibly the court fees as and when Wally's wallet finally opens up and settles Higgs' debts

Wally's wallet pre gas...56ebdc993d161_fatwallet.jpg.80803c56bb04

Wally's wallet post gas56ebdce64f9ab_emptywallet.jpg.f73444196f

Oh Yes :laughcont:

• Like 3

I might be missing something here but the original deal was to sell an out dated stadium to generate the funds to build a new stadium elsewhere with said funds.

The new buyer has come in bought the club but at the moment he still has the turnip patch plus the short term debts to pay.

So he's already shelled out once and now is being asked to shell out again.

It doesn't make sense to me, why pay double? It doesn't add up.

Not that I care mind  

2 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Come on Steve, have a chat to UWE and offer a joint venture to build a gymnastics arena and athletics track under the Bristol Sport banner.  Perhaps the stadium could have greyhound racing as well.

Speedway?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

I might be missing something here but the original deal was to sell an out dated stadium to generate the funds to build a new stadium elsewhere with said funds.

The new buyer has come in bought the club but at the moment he still has the turnip patch plus the short term debts to pay.

So he's already shelled out once and now is being asked to shell out again.

It doesn't make sense to me, why pay double? It doesn't add up.

Not that I care mind  

no its typical rovers fans wanting something for nothing,

If they fail to find funding in London you can bet on them going to the council and begging them to fund it, always the same with those gypos (though that's disrespectful to the travelling community they aren't as bad as gasheads)

19 hours ago, 054123 said:

Gold over on gaschat.

Definitely scared about a league 2 club. Deary me, delusions of grandeur.

mariobalotelli Avatar
mariobalotelli
Reserve Team
7 hours ago
Henbury Gas and crazyblues71 like this.
Did anyone expect us to win? 

As for the other lot, **** em? Wael has said how important a stadium is regardless of today's result. They've been backed by billions and achieved **** all except for bouncing between League 1 and the Championship, and are just making the most of the little time that they have left above us. They've mocked DC and he's turned out to be excellent and a breath of fresh air, they've mocked the way we've been ran, and now we're being ran well, they've mocked the way we have no money, and now we do. 

They're scared and they don't want to admit it.

I can see why the 15ers are confused.  They see us crying and assume we are scared.  In actual fact we are crying with laughter.  Buckets and buckets of tears of laughter. :rofl2br:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

Speedway , that's the ticket bring back the Bulldogs , get a team with top facility's in the Elite league. it has a massive audience through sky sports and Bristol used to rule , a truly excellent idea . love summer speedway nights

Can you imagine UWE wanting speedway on their doorstep ! They want facilities that their students can use, this isn't Hartcliffe comp where the pupils go for a quick spin in some poor zaps car, students have class you know !!

Come on Steve indoor athletics, gymnastics and tennis venue in Bristol WE NEED IT !!!!!!!!!!

Portland-2016-Concept-Rendering-An-Elect

Arena.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 054123 said:

Gold over on gaschat.

mariobalotelli Avatar
mariobalotelli
Reserve Team
7 hours ago

As for the other lot, **** em? Wael has said how important a stadium is regardless of today's result. They've been backed by billions and achieved **** all except for bouncing between League 1 and the Championship, and are just making the most of the little time that they have left above us. They've mocked DC and he's turned out to be excellent and a breath of fresh air, they've mocked the way we've been ran, and now we're being ran well, they've mocked the way we have no money, and now we do. 

Lest we forget......

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 054123 said:

Gold over on gaschat.

mariobalotelli Avatar
mariobalotelli
Reserve Team
7 hours ago

What a utterly deluded winker.

21 hours ago, 054123 said:

Gold over on gaschat.

mariobalotelli Avatar
mariobalotelli
Reserve Team
7 hours ago

I do admire it when fans choose their favourite for their club to base their username on too....  Oh...wait...!

Maybe the deluded fool thinks they're gonna sign him in the summer out of Al Qaeda's gazillions!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, extonsred said:

AM I THE ONLY ONE GETTING TOTALLY P... OFF BY SEEING BANAL CHAT ON ROVERS TOP OF OUR PAGE FOR MONTHS ON END.  ABOUT TIME WE IGNORED ALTOGETHER N CONCENTRATED ON A FOOTBALL TEAM!

To be fair whenever the thread drops down a few pages the Pompey/South Glos bumps it up to the front page.