IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Just a quick update for you all then...

ta1oit.jpg

Good luck on the building site against Bolton later yeah.

You wish you were playing in a building site; would mean you'd have a refurbished or new ground just around the corner, which you don't, and we do - don't be too jealous or anything.

Fact of it is the only new ground-related fees your mob of nomads are paying are Sainburys' legal fees after you got screwed by your "watertight" contract.

14 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

You've got to,say that they are probably going up automatically now. Arse.

Surely they'd want to go up in the Play Offs and take 26,000 to Wembley again, like they did last year?

Massive support :whistle:

I expect there will even be tickets available for Pompey fans like Weezord...

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

They are not significant enough for me to spend any time thinking about or discussing (bar making my point today obviously, before you hilariously pick up on that). 

Just puzzled as to the thousands of posts about them but you carry on.  

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz

17 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Plymouth and Oxfords form is dodgy whilst there's is superb. You'd have to say they were favorites now but maybe they've peaked too early, who knows. :)

They were favourites to stay up in 2013/14 too, this time 2 years ago they were talking about playoffs!

Edited by City169
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Plymouth and Oxfords form is dodgy whilst there's is superb. You'd have to say they were favorites now but maybe they've peaked too early, who knows. :)

Tbf I think they have a relatively easy run in too. 

13 minutes ago, City169 said:

They were favourites to stay up in 2013/14 too, this time 2 years ago they were talking about playoffs!

Funnier still was the 1999-2000 season. Going into the last game of the season Rovers were in the play off positions and home to already relegated Cardiff.

Cardiff won 1-0 and Millwall replaced Rovers in the POs. That was the last time Rovers finished higher than City. The following season THEY thought promotion was nailed on, but 2000-01 ended in relegation. :P It seems when gasheads talk of promotion, the team muck it up.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

Oh and and average of 20 posts per day and hundreds of views per day is a bit obsessive 

Well there has been a lot to talk about, the Sainsbury decision which could/has had a large impact on the future for our friends, and the buyout of the club by a Trillionaire Jordanian family with ties to the royal family, people smugglers and the maffia.

4 hours ago, Weezord said:

ta1oit.jpg

Good luck on the derelic cabbage patch against Cambridge United  :facepalm::rofl2br:

Just after they got relegated from the football league, as funny as it was and as much as we enjoyed every moment, I said then it could be the best thing that could happen to them from their point of view and I got shoot down for it.

Said that after they went down that they would have a good season in non-league, get promoted straight back and build on the momentum to push forward, given the standard between non-league and league 2 isn't that great.

People said I was wrong and that we would not see or hear of the sags for many years to come. You lied to me!!!

13 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just after they got relegated from the football league, as funny as it was and as much as we enjoyed every moment, I said then it could be the best thing that could happen to them from their point of view and I got shoot down for it.

Said that after they went down that they would have a good season in non-league, get promoted straight back and build on the momentum to push forward, given the standard between non-league and league 2 isn't that great.

People said I was wrong and that we would not see or hear of the sags for many years to come. You lied to me!!!

There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Weezord said:

Had a city mate who went to the game today. Said Bolton were nothing short of appalling. A disgrace of a football team.

Funny thing is they've only lost 3 games more than you lot this season, so that tells it's own story.

Anyway, back to Rovers..

Bitter.

2 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Had a city mate who went to the game today. Said Bolton were nothing short of appalling. A disgrace of a football team.

Funny thing is they've only lost 3 games more than you lot this season, so that tells it's own story.

Anyway, back to Rovers..

Come on, you'd give your extra fingers to be beating Bolton 6-0 in the Championship, and as for the "building site" comment, dream on saddo.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Come on, you'd give your extra fingers to be beating Bolton 6-0 in the Championship, and as for the "building site" comment, dream on saddo.

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

If our place is a building site, yours is a travellers' site.

I think the Portsmouth Bristol Rovers 'fan' here is probably jealous that the new West Stand alone matches the capacity of the stolen rugby ground.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weezord said:

ta1oit.jpg

Hardly surprising, there's some building work going on but I guess the Gash must get confused with the portable tents and portakabins that make up your gaff. 

• Like 1