IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well SL was basically right as when (if) they ever move to the UWE Bristol Rovers will never be spoken of again, as they will surely use their new name of South Gloucestershire Rovers.

Obviously when they finally go bust, no-one will ever speak of them again anyway.

Once Rag-Ass Rovers ...... always Rag-Ass Rovers for me...... Cheers Cotts :)

And also; why, when Bristol Rovers achieved planning permission to redevelop the Memorial Stadium in 2007, are they still at the Memorial Stadium with no redevelopment or new stadium in sight and have they still not overtaken Bristol City leaving us trailing in their wake?

Tis all terribly strange

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Maybe....Even so, I still think he's a dopey, squeaky little nob.

Print that bastard.

Yep.

He may have turned it round on the pitch but in contrast to say, Trollope, is so devoid of class ("how did that mob up the road get on? Happy days") as to always be completely obnoxious.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

"Think it was said around the time they announced plans for ashton vale. Well, people are talking about us worldwide now!!"

Yeh you're right.

Even inhabitants in the remotest parts of Timbucktu, Irian Jaya, Patagonia and Borneo think you're just a bunch of deluded, in-bred morons.

Next you'll be telling us that members of the Intergalactic Federation and the Spiritual Hierarchy have nothing more important to discuss than Sagarama.

Compared to you lot Dumb and Dumber are Einsteins.

• Like 2

Another totally clueless post from Sagchat.....

in 2009 Bristol City were 10th in the Championship and he sold shares in his Company to invest over £40 miillion in the club and its new ground. 1n 2016 after investing his money , they are 19th in the Championship and they have a ground which may have been spruced up very well but is in every respect an old fashioned set up. The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking. The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

I love the way they say 'spruced up' as if the grounds just had a coat of paint :) Ashton gate is a proper football ground, we have an abundance of pubs around the ground and we are still playing at our ancestral home... There is an atmosphere present as is true with all proper football grounds and totally the opposite for the new soulless bowl type blue print that see's different grounds up and down the country with the only difference being the colour of the seats or a Homebase or B and Q.....The Jealousy is enormous bless them..

Ill take Our home over any of them thank you!!

Edited by KeepUpLino
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I'm pretty sure UWE will be built now. Can't see it being bigger than AG though. I'm sure the original capacity was chosen by NH as 21,700, because pre-redevelopment your capacity was 21,490. There is room for a second tier taking it to about 26,000 and potential for a third to take it to 35,000. Can't see Wael trying to cram in an extra 1,001 seats just to play our ground's bigger than yours. Doesn't seem to be his style.

4 minutes ago, weeble said:

I'm pretty sure UWE will be built now. Can't see it being bigger than AG though. I'm sure the original capacity was chosen by NH as 21,700, because pre-redevelopment your capacity was 21,490. There is room for a second tier taking it to about 26,000 and potential for a third to take it to 35,000. Can't see Wael trying to cram in an extra 1,001 seats just to play our ground's bigger than yours. Doesn't seem to be his style.

In all Honesty 21,700 is far to big for you guy's... 26,000 would be ridiculous!

7 minutes ago, weeble said:

So Wael's "style" is what? Having no real money to pay for it?

If you had the Camp Nou as your ground you'd still say it was too small.

Worry about the Emperors New Clothes paying for it before how many seats you'll need. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

in 2009 Bristol City were 10th in the Championship and he sold shares in his Company to invest over £40 miillion in the club and its new ground. 1n 2016 after investing his money , they are 19th in the Championship and they have a ground which may have been spruced up very well but is in every respect an old fashioned set up. The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking. The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

I love the way they say 'spruced up' as if the grounds just had a coat of paint :) Ashton gate is a proper football ground, we have an abundance of pubs around the ground and we are still playing at our ancestral home... There is an atmosphere present as is true with all proper football grounds and totally the opposite for the new soulless bowl type blue print that see's different grounds up and down the country with the only difference being the colour of the seats or a Homebase or B and Q.....The Jealousy is enormous bless them..

And there was me thinking that the Sags were the 'peoples club' who wouldn't break the old traditions... never sell out :blink:

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking.

That could describe Anfield, Goodison, White Hart Lane or Chelsea etc, surely they are not suggesting that their school sports ground will be better than those grounds just because they have a car park?  

The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

Have they not seen the facilities that are already available and will only increase once the West Stand is finished? They are the epitome of what a modern multi functional stadium should provide. Their facilities will be difficult to access during term time, due to traffic and parking restrictions.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, weeble said:

Wael is as deluded as the fans.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking.

That could describe Anfield, Goodison, White Hart Lane or Chelsea etc, surely they are not suggesting that their school sports ground will be better than those grounds just because they have a car park?  

The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

Have they not seen the facilities that are already available and will only increase once the West Stand is finished? They are the epitome of what a modern multi functional stadium should provide. Their facilities will be difficult to ask during term time, due to traffic and parking restrictions.

Exactly this ^^^

Aren't we also holding 4 concerts a year and building a Hotel on the wicks site?.... 

One thing that is blatantly clear about Rovers fans and this has been the case for quite some time is that they only see what they want to see and choose to ignore the blatantly obvious!!

16 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Exactly this ^^^

Aren't we also holding 4 concerts a year and building a Hotel on the wicks site?.... 

One thing that is blatantly clear about Rovers fans and this has been the case for quite some time is that they only see what they want to see and choose to ignore the blatantly obvious!!

The facilities, once your redevelopment is complete, will be excellent. Some Rovers fans will know this and refuse to acknowledge it simply because you are the 'other lot'. You can see plenty examples of City fans holding similar anti-Rovers views (not surprisingly on a City forum) on this thread.

As far as I'm concerned, the better facilities the Greater Bristol area has for sport, and infrastructure in general, the better.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Have they not seen the facilities that are already available and will only increase once the West Stand is finished? They are the epitome of what a modern multi functional stadium should provide. Their facilities will be difficult to access during term time, due to traffic and parking restrictions.

I'm glad we've redeveloped rather than move to a place in the middle of nowhere with no chance of a pre match pint in a decent pub

Give me that over MK Dons where your choice is either Frankie and Bennys or TGI Fridays

• Like 2

More delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6521/nomads

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

The whole student thing is a big myth my opinion. My university has a link with Charlton Athletic but no many go to games because they are either busy on weekends (normally hungover) or see their own teams. I've been to one or two games don't get me wrong, but I've probably only contributed about £20 to the club due to their cheap ticket prices. 

14 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Ground capacity will be 27,000 next season. I am assuming that 'football capacity' will be more like 25,000 due to segregation. There are loads of variables like night games, atrocious weather, poor form etc but all things being equal we should attract 25,000 gates for Cardiff, Newcastle, Aston Villa and possibly QPR, Derby and Forest. Not sure we'll reach 25,000 for the mighty Burton Albion.

2,000 seats lost to segregation?! That's half the Atyeo gone! Surely no more than a few hundred.

21 hours ago, Hello said:

Serious point, do you think the reduced AG capacity would have enticed fans to get STs and bump up the attendance in the event that if you had a good season they wouldnt be scrabbling for tickets.

How many STs did you sell out of interest?

This is an interesting point and there may be some truth in it. However, as a member rather than STH, in my experience just being a member has been enough to guarantee a ticket even this season. This is proven by the fact that all of our matches have, I believe, reached general sale, rather than sold out to members.

Since membership is a no-brainier for any fan attending more than 2 or 3 games, this does also suggest that we might not see that big an increase in attendance next season. Perhaps some STH will drop down to member level next season with the pressure on availability now gone.

I expect us to average around 16-17k unless we are pushing for promotion.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

They've picked up fans from Eastville, Twerton and the Memorial? 

So that's why they sell out every game then.

Edited by Libertine1