IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, 22A said:

More delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6521/nomads

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

They may attract zoology students doing "field research" I suppose...

• Like 4

A gentleman on the Bristol Post website used to post regularly about the insufficient revenue generation potential from the proposed UWE Stadium facilities and how the plan was flawed due to duplication of facilities which were already well established on the Frenchay campus. His words appear to be prophetic because it is proving extremely difficult to interest financiers in the project. What may be required is a cash injection from a local businessman with experience of the construction industry who has recently received an unexpected cash windfall ?

• Like 9

5 hours ago, bert tann said:

A gentleman on the Bristol Post website used to post regularly about the insufficient revenue generation potential from the proposed UWE Stadium facilities and how the plan was flawed due to duplication of facilities which were already well established on the Frenchay campus. His words appear to be prophetic because it is proving extremely difficult to interest financiers in the project. What may be required is a cash injection from a local businessman with experience of the construction industry who has recently received an unexpected cash windfall ?

I think you'll find his newly acquired fortune will be staying firmly in his back pocket now Bert !! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 22A said:

More delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6521/nomads

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

Like students would want to splash out £30 to watch that lot

£30 is a jolly good party for a student!!

17 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

They've picked up fans from Eastville, Twerton and the Memorial? 

So that's why they sell out every game then.

Not just that, I can't understand the logic in assuming a new ground 10 mins drive from the old ground would make much difference in appealing to a whole new group of people. 

46 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not just that, I can't understand the logic in assuming a new ground 10 mins drive from the old ground would make much difference in appealing to a whole new group of people. 

Gas Logic. Scientists have been trying to do the maths on that for decades and still non the wiser. It's one of life's great predicaments.

6 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Gas Logic. Scientists have been trying to do the maths on that for decades and still non the wiser. It's one of life's great predicaments.

I actually took Advanced Gasonometry as an option at college. I don't remember all of it but a typical question was:

Away Games:

3,000 travelling gasheads arrive at Wycombe (three part question, 12 points available)

a) If the away capacity is 2,500 how many fans are locked out, and how many is this reported as being in the Bristol Evening Post (2 points each, 4 points in total)

b) How many police horses will be punched after the game if (i) Rovers win (ii) the game is drawn (iii) Wycombe win (1 point each, bonus point if all three answers are correct, 4 points in total)

c) How many sheeds will have been in the home end if  (i) Rovers win (ii) the game is drawn (iii) Wycombe win (1 point each, bonus point if all three answers are correct, 4 points in total)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

25*(AGas-(BGas*Lies/LockOut)

(TedRatio-Horse)/(5-Wycombe)

= 20,647,653

Am I right? :blink::facepalm:

Yes, were you the clever bloke at the back then?

I never quite got non-Euclidean gas funding models, something about hyper-leverage and a million becoming a billion in a very strong gravitational field.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I never quite got non-Euclidean gas funding models, something about hyper-leverage and a million becoming a billion in a very strong gravitational field.

That`s now been disproved by the latest research at CERN. Apparently the strong gravitational field theory was flawed and it turns out that when you factor in string theory the million is actually worth the square root of **** all. Professor Brian Cox is going to do a programme on it for `Made In Bristol`.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s now been disproved by the latest research at CERN. Apparently the strong gravitational field theory was flawed and it turns out that when you factor in string theory the million is actually worth the square root of **** all. Professor Brian Cox is going to do a programme on it for `Made In Bristol`.

It will probably explain in great detail The Higgs-Bullshit particle.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's all a matter of semantics,  Ed.

In America,  a billion is defined as a million millions, however this side of the pond the standard definition is 1000 million. 

In Jordan and Horefield, £63 million = multiple billions.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I actually took Advanced Gasonometry as an option at college. I don't remember all of it but a typical question was:

Away Games:

3,000 travelling gasheads arrive at Wycombe (three part question, 12 points available)

a) If the away capacity is 2,500 how many fans are locked out, and how many is this reported as being in the Bristol Evening Post (2 points each, 4 points in total)

b) How many police horses will be punched after the game if (i) Rovers win (ii) the game is drawn (iii) Wycombe win (1 point each, bonus point if all three answers are correct, 4 points in total)

c) How many sheeds will have been in the home end if  (i) Rovers win (ii) the game is drawn (iii) Wycombe win (1 point each, bonus point if all three answers are correct, 4 points in total)

Tricky stuff Eddie, that certainly is advanced Gasonometry....I'll have a crack anyway;

A) (i) 500 are actually locked out, however as we know that this figure is way too low you MUST find out how many "they gert ******* SHIT EDS" (tgfSe) last took to Wycombe** and add at least 1000. Anything above this figure is considered correct.

(tgfSe) + 1000 > = Gas locked out

** obsession and knowledge of Bristol City's away attendances are considered 'basic' Gasonometry. A good, true Gashead will instantly know exactly how many fans we took on our last visit to Adams Park. 

(ii) the figure printed by the Evening Post will, coincidentally, be the same as the figure conjured up by the cretins on Slagchat who have used the formula in the section above.

B) (i) as many as possible "horsey SHIT ED ***t s"

(ii) 82

(ii) depends how many sheed Horses are in the home end who just come to watch da gas. 

C) (i) 2000..."HA HA LMFAO GUTED SHIT EDZ LOOOL"

(i) 50-100

(iii) 0....the home end was full of Gasheads who weren't included in the away crowd figures so that's another 2000+ to add on to the Rovers away total. No actual proof for number of Gasheads in the home end is required. If 'tgfSh' don't believe you whilst asking you to "prove it" immediately stamp feet, call 'tgfSh' "jealous of Irene n da famous quarterz" and ask if Bristol City have ever taken 80,000 to Wembley for a League 2 Play Off final?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 8

Away Games:

Is the answer William Shakespeare?

Away Games:

Mornington Crescent

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

25*(AGas-(BGas*Lies/LockOut)

(TedRatio-Horse)/(5-Wycombe)

= 20,647,653

Am I right? :blink::facepalm:

Have you forgotten Boyle's Law? What did you do in physics lessons at school?

Boyle's Law - The pressure of gas increases as the volume decreases. Using this, I've calculated that the answer is linked to the phases of the moon 

Edited by pongo88

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Away Games:

Blue Whale