IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

"The Appeal Court has ruled that Sainsbury’s was within its rights to pull out of the deal.

Sainsbury’s pulled out from its contract with the club to buy the ageing stadium in Horfield and convert it into a supermarket. The contract, signed back in 2011, was important for the new doublesized UWE Stadium planned for Rovers, who have been squeezing their supporters into the 12,000 capacity stadium since 1996."

EH? 

Taken from 'The Bishopston Voice'.

3 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

"The Appeal Court has ruled that Sainsbury’s was within its rights to pull out of the deal.

Sainsbury’s pulled out from its contract with the club to buy the ageing stadium in Horfield and convert it into a supermarket. The contract, signed back in 2011, was important for the new doublesized UWE Stadium planned for Rovers, who have been squeezing their supporters into the 12,000 capacity stadium since 1996."

EH? 

Taken from 'The Bishopston Voice'.

Have you seen the average size of a gas head.

UWE won't rescue Bristol Rovers' stadium dreams if club fails to sell Memorial Ground

By The Bristol Post  |  Posted: July 30, 2014

Comments (33)

The University of the West of England will not ride to the rescue of Bristol Rovers' stadium dreams if the club fails to sell the Memorial Ground.

The club plans to sell the old stadium to Sainsbury's but some, including local MPs, have voiced concerns the supermarket may pull out.

Fans might be hoping that even if that should happen, the university would still build the stadium, which is to include some teaching facilities.

But UWE Vice Chancellor Steve West has dashed such hopes.

He told the Bristol Post the club was paying for the new stadium, not the university, and buying the land from UWE.

"If Bristol Rovers can't sell the Memorial Ground to Sainsbury's and can't find any other buyer then clearly they don't have the funding to be able to develop the stadium," he said.

"For UWE that would mean we then have however many acres of land to do something else with. It's as simple as that. Would I rather build a stadium than a faculty of business and law? Absolutely not. Our core business is education.

"We are clear. The sale of the old stadium pays for the new stadium and buys the land.

"We would be building the car park because we need the car park, which would happen to the serve the stadium when we are not using it."

Interesting comments fro UWE back in 2014 

Edited by myol'man
x

19 minutes ago, Hello said:

who was paying for the AG redevelopment out of his own pocket again?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-season-ticket-holders-face-hike-100/story-29025735-detail/story.html

My season ticket will cost the same as last season. 349 for me and my son plus he gets a free shirt not bad for championship football . Wat does it cost to watch the sags I have no idea. Talking of season tickets how many u going to sell next season 3000 maybe or don't they give the figure out because it's so embarrassing . Ha ha ha ha ha

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Hello said:

who was paying for the AG redevelopment out of his own pocket again?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-season-ticket-holders-face-hike-100/story-29025735-detail/story.html

Lansdown?

Has the Worlds Richest Man secured funding for your new stadium yet now that  you're the countries 6th richest club?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shaun Morgan said:

My season ticket will cost the same as last season. 349 for me and my son plus he gets a free shirt not bad for championship football . Wat does it cost to watch the sags I have no idea. Talking of season tickets how many u going to sell next season 3000 maybe or don't they give the figure out because it's so embarrassing . Ha ha ha ha ha

465 notes for a ST in the gAss 'main stand' (!)

screen-shot-2015-05-26-at-10.32.07235-24

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaun Morgan said:

So the prices they were paying wen they were non league ha ha still brings a smile to my face . We're probably the same . Didn't realise it was so expensive to watch that shit

Yep, my mate has been a ST holder down there for years and he pays more to sit in that shitty little Dribuild Stand, watching non league/Div4 shite, than I do to sit in The Dolman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

465 notes for a ST in the gAss 'main stand' (!)

screen-shot-2015-05-26-at-10.32.07235-24

Wow. I pay pretty much the same price to sit in a brand new stand in the Championship as I would have to pay to stand in a shitty old stand and watch League 2 football. 

That's ridiculously expensive. And people complain about our prices!

6 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Wow. I pay pretty much the same price to sit in a brand new stand in the Championship as I would have to pay to stand in a shitty old stand and watch League 2 football. 

That's ridiculously expensive. And people complain about our prices!

I also love the fact that 'The Family Club' charge u-16's £130 to stand where as our kids can sit for £50 and wear their free shirt while they're at it.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, glynriley said:

31 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I also love the fact that 'The Family Club' charge u-16's £130 to stand where as our kids can sit for £50 and wear their free shirt while they're at it.

Don't expect to see a critical article in the Evil Post about it any time soon though.

Edited by Southstandoriginal
double
  • Like 4

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 13:40, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Now that Wally has made them a talking point across the world, another sag receives worldwide fame and recognition ... and gains the status of a Full_KitW*nker

https://twitter.com/Full_KitWanker

Especially as he's at a Katie Perry concert

"

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Take a look at some of these belters, beyond laughable.....

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6579/35-000?page=4

Of course City have bigger crowds than us. We're in League 2 beating Barnet and Stevenage, and they're in the Championship losing to Derby and Middlesbrough"

I didn't realise we got 6 points for losing to Middlesbrough!