IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, redfred said:

According to co-commentator, Keith Brookman - who is their stadium manager - yes they do.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Look...the shit eds are losing a game in a division we haven't been in for a quarter of a century HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Morons.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, redfred said:

Correct - I was in the car earlier and Rovers were the DAB commentary on Radio Bristol and during the short bit I listened to it was announced that City had gone 3 down.

The Rovers employee co-commentator chuckled and then stated that that scoreline would be on the Rovers scoreboard for the former non-leaguers to laugh at. 

Obsession - a perfume by Bristol Rovers

Didn't realise the horse punchers had a score board? Fair shout. That Wally bloke is doing wonders for them, I wonder if he needed outside funding for the score board though?

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, redfred said:

According to co-commentator, Keith Brookman - who is their stadium manager - yes they do.

To be fair to them, now that they have drawn level on points with Accrington Stanley, I think that entitles them to take the piss out of us. 

It must be at the very  least 2 years  since City scores were shown on the scoreboard , and Keith Brookman is the matchday programme editor not the stadium manager. Still, lets not let the facts ruin it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamski said:

Got to love their attendance delusions, they have not attracted a season average in double figures since 10,022 in1976, that's 40 years of not even hitting 28.6% of the proposed capacity of the billionaire backed building of a new Wembely in the West! Indeed they have only passed a seasonal attendance of 10,000 28 times since 1921-a 29% strike rate, obviously historical....given that the vast majority of Gaseous B'stards who witnessed these rare events are either 50+ or dead, the breading stock is, therefore, dwindling !

City have had av attendances over 10,000:

•  68 times since 1921 - 
  •  28 times since 1976 
  • 16 times since 2000/2001 (even though capacity has been reduced)

Conversely the Propane Methane's  have:

• Hit 7k 5 times since 2000/2001
  • Hit + 7k 10 times since 1976
  • been sub 6k 17 times since 1976

So other than during the post war attendance boom, the Sags have attracted very few, the recent boom totally passed them by, but as we all know they are a sleeping giant and like all sleeping giants we've never seen any evidence they exist, so why bother to build a house for one!!!!!

Unless, in the tradition of Bristol another empty folly is to be built by a rich nutter. Blaise Castle 2?    

History.  All history.  Eastville was allowed to run into decripitude by the owners, not helped by a large fire that accidently happened there, the groundshare at a Southern League club was never going to attract fans, and a long spell at a rugby ground unfit for purpose and without any investment by the now-departed old regime were all events that held the club back and maybe could have resulted in oblivion.  Just like Brighton, playing in cr*ppy grounds for decades does tend to limit the attendances a bit.

Things have now changed.  One division apart next year.  Who knows after that?

Just now, Smaller than a flea said:

History.  All history.  Eastville was allowed to run into decripitude by the owners, not helped by a large fire that accidently happened there, the groundshare at a Southern League club was never going to attract fans, and a long spell at a rugby ground unfit for purpose and without any investment by the now-departed old regime were all events that held the club back and maybe could have resulted in oblivion.  Just like Brighton, playing in cr*ppy grounds for decades does tend to limit the attendances a bit.

History of talking shit......

So bitter.

3 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

It must be at the very  least 2 years  since City scores were shown on the scoreboard , and Keith Brookman is the matchday programme editor not the stadium manager. Still, lets not let the facts ruin it :)

Facts such as what...  that we lost a game in a division you haven't been in for a quarter of a century???? against a team of current internationals/ex Prem players??while you're still in the Fourth Division having mustered no more points than Accrington Stanley???

With all due respect, you being a reasonable, moderate Cameltoe, compared to most of your Cameltoe brethern who are rather too jihadi, fundamentalist for our liking. Or just mental, quite frankly. Cameltoe.

Average attendance up at Bristol Rovers, down at Bristol City

Thus reads the Bristol (rovers) Evening Post headline of 21 May 2013. The piece continues.......

"The latest football attendance figures show that, not surprisingly in a season that featured a long battle against relegation, Bristol City's average crowd fell slightly on the year before.

The Robins' average crowd for the 2012-2013 season was 13,348, whereas the season before it was 13,907.

Bristol Rovers spent much of the season battling relegation out of the Football League, a late push under new managericon1.png John Ward taking them clear of danger, but the poor Autumn seems not to have damaged their average attendance too much.

In the season just finished it was 6,308. The previous campaign the figure was 6,035.

Elsewhere, Brighton & Hove Albion proved that having a new stadium can help with crowds, posting a 6,000 increase on their average attendance from the season before, although that was helped by their push for the Championship play-offs.

The biggest attendance across Europe was at Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund, where an average of 80,512 attended Bundesliga matches."

.....Obviously the headline should read...Bristol football support is 68% city 22% Propane/methane, but interestingly it does not really explain the simple reason behind the impact of the new ground and associated attendance rise. Anyone who had the misfortune to go to the Withdean Stadium, which made the Mem look like a real ground, will understand the reasons for this:

1. The Withdean capacity was only 8850 (record attendance 8651)
  2. The Amex at Falmer's capacity was 22,374...so more people who could not get tickets now could
  3. The Amex had cover, and facilities
  4. The Amex had good sight lines
  5. BHA were building a good team

I wonder if Mr Dick Splash who is currently citing BHA as a model the Calor's can emulate is the same person as wrote this article.

We must remember that the Withdean was sold out for home fans every game for years.....Just like the Mem.......ah perhaps not, indeed as we all know the Radon's have not averaged 8k since 2000 (their record since 1976), but they are on with a chance this season, as I write their average being approx. 7.6k, about 50% of the City's!!!! which leads me to the next question.....Could the billionaire backers be considering a bigger plan, their own Westfalenstadion complete with a massive(25K) terrace to be known as Dias Blue Wall, which would be just like the Tote End is-a blue wall!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

History of talking shit......

So bitter.

If I replied like that after the Hull result I'd probably be banned on here.  So I stick to reasonable debate and no abuse, just discussion.  Many on OTIB can see that Rovers are doing well and perhaps finally, after so many years, are going places.  Wouldn't it be great to have both Bristol clubs doing well, in new stadiums, playing each other regularly in front of 25,000 crowds?  

25 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

I refer to my last post re BHA you cannot compare yourselves, which is, as you say, History! From what possible basis are you making this assumption, where will another 13,000 helium heads come from? 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

If I replied like that after the Hull result I'd probably be banned on here.  So I stick to reasonable debate and no abuse, just discussion.  Many on OTIB can see that Rovers are doing well and perhaps finally, after so many years, are going places.  Wouldn't it be great to have both Bristol clubs doing well, in new stadiums, playing each other regularly in front of 25,000 crowds?  

No

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

No it ******* wouldn't !

Edited by 1960maaan

8 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Bristol.

only if it was free and then I doubt it, your sub 10k support is a tradition within a city that does not support local football be it red or blue....and please do not cite the potential of the 25k that dollied off to the play offs, just as I won't cite the JPT support....

2 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

We are trying to compete in the championship. ..with maybe and it's a massive maybe one day having a chance at the prem ...you and yours just want to be above City ,pathetic and tin pot and unless you get promoted this season and nothing is certain  (remember Wycombe and celebrating too early) you will have to wait for your cup final ...Forever in our shadow sag .

• Like 1

I don't need to prove anything. We are soon to build a fairly big stadium, and those who are paying for it must think we can fill it, especially since it's designed to be expandable.

You're the one saying we can't fill it, despite all the evidence from Brighton, Hull, Reading, etc.

He says "those paying for it must think we can fill it" but is that really the case ? If Wael thought they could fill a 30/35,000 stadium he would pay for it himself as it would be a cash cow. As we know however he is not buying Rovers a new stadium. So who is paying ? Well no one yet, they are looking for people to help finance the project. So Wael does not have the money, or the lines of credit to fund the stadium himself (even though they "own" a bank :yes:). So who think they can fill it other than the Rovers fans ? As for comparing themselves to Brighton Hull and Reading....  it's like they can see something happening but can't connect the dot's as to why, so blindly think hell, it will work for us too !! 

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You will get bigger crowds with a new ground but the ticket sales at Wembley last year suggest we are drawing our support from a larger pool. Not sure that has changed just yet. You might reasonably say, it was a non-league final; we might reply, it was another bloody tinpot cup final. A final I didn't attend, by the way. I don't think I was the only one to pass up another final.

I don't see us doing a Brighton, never mind you lot. Brighton, remember, were quite a bit better supported than you chaps years ago - when they were promoted from 3 to 2 in '77 they averaged 20k (and the next year, 25k); when you were promoted from 3 to 2 in '74, you averaged 13k (and the next year, 12k) - and still probably draw upon a larger pool of support.

Building a ground, ironically, is the easy bit. Building a competitive, winning team year after year, above the level of L2, is the difficult bit. The higher you go, the harder it gets. Without the team, the new ground won't keep the new "fans" you attract forever. 

Success brings challenges and problems, difficult decisions to be made. Let's see how Wael gets on choosing a new coach when the one you've got now is poached. And then finding another goal scorer when the one you've got now goes to someone higher up. Cope with things like this smoothly, and that will be worth taking notice of, and maybe being a little concerned by. Struggle to cope with this, and who knows after that?

Some of us getting worked up on here by the day-dreaming amongst you lot is no great surprise. But I don't see the rest of football losing sleep over another club, a lower league club, getting a new ground and building there hopes up. 

• Like 2

Is this actually happening? 

I must admit, I would've thought otib would've gone to town over the fact that the sags were non league, but it seemed to pass with a few chuckles.

Now suddenly they are the Barcelona of the west and everything is going mental. 

I didn't care when they were non league and I don't care now. The only reason I'm giving this thread time is because im just in shock at how many rovers fans are now coming out of the grim dark shadows. 

Small man/little brother syndrome.

41 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Can't say I disagree with that... Funny as it was seeing the blue half in non league in their tin pot stadium, I think it about time Bristol football as a whole got it's act together somewhat.

2 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I must admit, I would've thought otib would've gone to town over the fact that the sags were non league, but it seemed to pass with a few chuckles.

I didn't care when they were non league and I don't care now. The only reason I'm giving this thread time is because im just in shock at how many rovers fans are now coming out of the grim dark shadows. 

Have you looked on gaschat, sorry slagchat, lately to see how many newbies have been offering their opinions about the blue few?  I assume not, but I can tell you that a lot seem to care more than you.  Admittedly a lot have been banned, which seems a bit harsh to me, which is why I try to be polite on here.  I don't mind if you want to be rude to me.

15 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Sorry to reply again, but I thought I needed to refer you to the legendary thread named Non-League Bristol Rovers. A few chuckles and 1,000,000 views.

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

:laugh::laugh: 

Glad you think we're safe though, you will probably go up, the 6th richest club in world football toe to toe with the likes of Accrington Stanley in the basement division for the chance to play Oldham and Southend, the stuff of dreams.

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Sorry to reply again, but I thought I needed to refer you to the legendary thread named Non-League Bristol Rovers. A few chuckles and 1,000,000 views.

You don't have to apologise. This is a forum. And I'm not sure where I was being rude...

ANYWAY... A million views. I know, not that many... If the shoe was on the other webbed foot, it would've been carnage.

The point of my post was how vocal gas heads are becoming now they are back where they think they belong already. Aspirations of league one and that's success to them.

Its not exactly a ######%% fairytale.

• Like 3