IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 31 March 2016 at 12:02, Iron Man said:

Well their Wembley tickets were about £10 more expensive than ours. Explains why we took 18,000 more fans than them :facepalm:

7 hours ago, glynriley said:

See they had 8250 up the swamp today.

Nothing like proving to your new owners you need a bigger stadium when you're doing well, is there...?!!

The difference between these and their predictions are that as always, Bristol Rovers are much better at filling stadiums that haven't been built but not ones that have.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Take a look at some of these belters, beyond laughable.....

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6579/35-000?page=4

Didn't get any further than the sag whose excited sign off was:

Boom boom boom everyone sing Wael, Wael!

I can't work out if it's a joke on their part or not, but either way my mouth hit the floor. Is Boom boom boom really the most appropriate way to celebrate a new Middle Eastern owner?

By the way, for those of you who aren't still listening to teen-market nineties Europop anymore and can't make the connection, I believe it's from Mad Stuntman "I like to move it move it".

"I like to move in" would be more appropriate for squatters. Bath City FC. Bristol RFC. UWE.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Wouldn't it be great to have both Bristol clubs doing well, in new stadiums, playing each other regularly in front of 25,000 crowds?  

Yes.

I believe most fans up and down the country want a city derby. Celtic are looking forward to a City derby again, Wed will have to wait a few. Everyone is a winner with a City derby. Everyone wants a City win too!!! ;)

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Didn't get any further than the sag whose excited sign off was:

Boom boom boom everyone sing Wael, Wael!

I can't work out if it's a joke on their part or not, but either way my mouth hit the floor. Is Boom boom boom really the most appropriate way to celebrate a new Middle Eastern owner?

By the way, for those of you who aren't still listening to teen-market nineties Europop anymore and can't make the connection, I believe it's from Mad Stuntman "I like to move it move it".

"I like to move in" would be more appropriate for squatters. Bath City FC. Bristol RFC. UWE.

Come on, know your 90s trash! It was the Out Here Brothers, "Boom boom boom" :D

Anyway... All I hear from the blue few is IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF.... I prefer facts personally. Which are:

Bristol City are in the Championship.
Bristol Rovers are in League 2.

Bristol City are averaging 15,500 and have sold out pretty much all their home games, despite a relegation battle.
Bristol Rovers are averaging 7,500 and have sold out just one of their home games, despite a promotion battle.

Bristol City will have a brand new rebuild opening in four months time with modern facilities and a 27,000 capacity.
Bristol Rovers are playing in one of the worst grounds in the football league and have nothing set in stone on moving anywhere just yet, only speculation.

Those are the FACTS. And the difference between the two clubs is that Bristol City FC deal in facts whereas Bristol Rovers FC deal in "maybes","ifs" and "one day sheedheads". Come back and talk to us when your maybes, ifs and one day sheeedheads become facts.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

History.  All history.  Eastville was allowed to run into decripitude by the owners, not helped by a large fire that accidently happened there, the groundshare at a Southern League club was never going to attract fans, and a long spell at a rugby ground unfit for purpose and without any investment by the now-departed old regime were all events that held the club back and maybe could have resulted in oblivion.  Just like Brighton, playing in cr*ppy grounds for decades does tend to limit the attendances a bit.

Things have now changed.  One division apart next year.  Who knows after that?

I'm trying to think who the other, bigger and better, team is in Brighton...

8 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

It must be at the very  least 2 years  since City scores were shown on the scoreboard , and Keith Brookman is the matchday programme editor not the stadium manager. Still, lets not let the facts ruin it :)

The 'fact' that I am not up to speed with Keith Brookman's latest role at your gloriously successful club is neither here or there in the context of his comment about flashing City's score on the scoreboard.

What really troubled me was the regressive childish tone he adopted when suggested that this would happen. That tone should be embarrassing for any grown man with an ounce if self-respect, so of course I doubt he is embarrassed at all.

Congratulations on drawing level with Accrington Stanley. For a recently non-league club you are belying your status, so well done.

7 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Sorry to reply again, but I thought I needed to refer you to the legendary thread named Non-League Bristol Rovers. A few chuckles and 1,000,000 views.

I won't waste my time finding out, but I wonder how many times we would have 'sold out' the 11,000 capacity Memorial Stadium with our attendances Ashton Gate in the last ten years? 

I'm going to guess every single time would be the answer, as I'm struggling to think of many sub-11,000 attendances at AG, which I suppose would equate to somewhere around 250 games in that period? 

Compare that to the handful of times that you lot have sold out the Memorial Stadium in the last twenty years and you can see why we think you make complete dicks of yourself on the attendance front (well every front to be honest).

So you can see why 1,000,000 views is easily attainable when giving our vast support and then dividing that between the age of this thread in days and the number of times that we keep having to add to the thread with comments that remind you that your league status, attendances, stadium, squad, training facilities, academy set-up, financial backing, management and every single aspect of our football club are light years behind us, even if you are now level on points with that footballing powerhouse, Accrington Stanley.

9 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

History.  All history.  Eastville was allowed to run into decripitude by the owners, not helped by a large fire that accidently happened there, the groundshare at a Southern League club was never going to attract fans, and a long spell at a rugby ground unfit for purpose and without any investment by the now-departed old regime were all events that held the club back and maybe could have resulted in oblivion.  Just like Brighton, playing in cr*ppy grounds for decades does tend to limit the attendances a bit.

Things have now changed.  One division apart next year.  Who knows after that?

One division apart next year? You do realise that you have not been promoted yet?

And (to be fair) that City are not safe yet?

Your Brighton example would only work if you were selling out every home game (as Brighton did in their crappy old ground) and if you were the only club in the immediate area (as Brighton were).

1 hour ago, redfred said:

The 'fact' that I am not up to speed with Keith Brookman's latest role at your gloriously successful club is neither here or there in the context of his comment about flashing City's score on the scoreboard.

What really troubled me was the regressive childish tone he adopted when suggested that this would happen. That tone should be embarrassing for any grown man with an ounce if self-respect, so of course I doubt he is embarrassed at all.

Congratulations on drawing level with Accrington Stanley. For a recently non-league club you are belying your status, so well done.

I didn't hear the comment, but I can assure you when Keith said it, it would have been said flippantly and you are reading far too much into what he said. He may even have meant the comment to be heard by his wife, who is an avid a City fan as Keith is a Rovers one.

6 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I didn't hear the comment, but I can assure you when Keith said it, it would have been said flippantly and you are reading far too much into what he said. He may even have meant the comment to be heard by his wife, who is an avid a City fan as Keith is a Rovers one.

Probably like when Clarke asked how that "mob up the road" got on and when told replied "happy days, eh"?

He was managing a non league team at the time, I believe,,

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

One division apart next year? You do realise that you have not been promoted yet?

And (to be fair) that City are not safe yet?

Your Brighton example would only work if you were selling out every home game (as Brighton did in their crappy old ground) and if you were the only club in the immediate area (as Brighton were).

They will be the only club in South Gloucestershire...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Probably like when Clarke asked how that "mob up the road" got on and when told replied "happy days, eh"?

He was managing a non league team at the time, I believe,,

I think Clarke's comments were - at best- ill advised.

Odd how there is one thread lauding  a local radio presenter for a 'mind the gap' comment, yet others get a little  precious when a joke is made about non existent displays on an electronic scoreboard!

I do despair of football fans at times, some really do need to grow a pair.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I think Clarke's comments were - at best- ill advised.

Odd how there is one thread lauding  a local radio presenter for a 'mind the gap' comment, yet others get a little  precious when a joke is made about non existent displays on an electronic scoreboard!

I do despair of football fans at times, some really do need to grow a pair.

And I despair at drunken football managers in pubs with 'the lads '

punching horses

Inventing amazing attendances

Stealing  and trying to steal other peoples grounds

Racially abusing players

Shall I go on..?

But like you I really do despair, funny old world ain't it.

Edited by Doozerchris

10 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

That's your opinion.  What do you think the opinion of the 24,000 City fans and 3,000 Rovers fans watching the game would be?  Serious question.

Serious answer. If it was at ours , I'd be there and I'd hate it.  I admit it was a casual off hand comment , but I mean it.

I hate(d) the derby games and surely with the little insights into their minds via the gASSchat forum, you can get a preview of what it would be like. My first Derby was the 4-1 win at Eastville, and I had to suffer all the crap that the following years brought. 

We had nothing to gain and everything to lose, I  really grew to hate those games and I would be only too happy if they stayed one Div below us permanently !!

Might be an old man thing :yes:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

And I despair at drunken football managers in pubs with 'the lads '

punching horses

Inventing amazing attendances

Stealing  and trying to steal other peoples grounds

Racially abusing players

Shall I go on..?

But like you I really do despair, funny old world ain't it.

Each to their own. People can have their own opinions.

The only thing that irks me is those that spout Rovers stealing someones ground. The facts are there, we bought it from the rugby wing of Bristol Sport when they disnt have a pot to piss in or Steve Lansdown to save them

2.3 million thr same as Amtrak were going to pay for the site and Bristol wouldnt have had a ground at all

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

Each to their own. People can have their own opinions.

The only thing that irks me is those that spout Rovers stealing someones ground. The facts are there, we bought it from the rugby wing of Bristol Sport when they disnt have a pot to piss in or Steve Lansdown to save them

2.3 million thr same as Amtrak were going to pay for the site and Bristol wouldnt have had a ground at all

1982 you belter know your history 

14 minutes ago, Hello said:

So we have established we have never stolen anyones ground

As for 82, i beleive we made an offer to buy AG when you were going bust. Thats buy, as in not steal

Get you, with your posh book-learning and reliance upon mere facts.

Edited by Eddie Hitler

Hoping to get something on the cheap whilst someone else is in the shit seems to be engrained in your dna as a club.

You haven't paid for the construction of a stand since you were at Eastville. .!

You also decided not to comment on the other points I made , why was that ?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Hoping to get something on the cheap whilst someone else is in the shit seems to be engrained in your dna as a club.

You haven't paid for the construction of a stand since you were at Eastville. .!

I don't think they've paid for a player since eastvile ha ha ha belters 

49 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Um i said each to their own with their opinions and i didnt want to argue. The only point that bothered me was the fallacy of us stealing/trying to steal other peoples grounds.

As for trying to get it on the cheap as you say, aa in not steal. Iant that business. You had little or no money so we made an offer. It wasnt good enough so end off.

Is that any different than any club trying to buy a player on the cheap when x club is in financial trouble?