IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Boom, boom, boom everybody sing Wael, Wael... Do they really sing this? :facepalm::clapping:Belters indeed... Embarrassing...

They`ll be Waeling for real in about a year when there still hasn`t been any work done at the UWE, the mem`s being sold for housing, they`re going to be sharing with FGR (if they`ll have them) and they finally realise their billionaire hasn`t in fact got a pot to piss in.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Hello said:

Um i said each to their own with their opinions and i didnt want to argue. The only point that bothered me was the fallacy of us stealing/trying to steal other peoples grounds.

As for trying to get it on the cheap as you say, aa in not steal. Iant that business. You had little or no money so we made an offer. It wasnt good enough so end off.

Is that any different than any club trying to buy a player on the cheap when x club is in financial trouble?

Of course it's business. ..one the sags seem to excel at.

4 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

I didn't hear the comment, but I can assure you when Keith said it, it would have been said flippantly and you are reading far too much into what he said. He may even have meant the comment to be heard by his wife, who is an avid a City fan as Keith is a Rovers one.

Wonderful news about Keith's wife, but his regressive tone suggested that he just couldn't help himself, just like the rest of you.

For clarity, if the situation were reversed, Adam Baker would not even think to suggest putting Rovers' score up on the scoreboard at AG.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hello said:

So we have established we have never stolen anyones ground

As for 82, i beleive we made an offer to buy AG when you were going bust. Thats buy, as in not steal

Technically not stolen a ground, but the circumstances of Rovers obtaining the Memorial Ground must be embarrassing to any honest fan. The owner of Bristol Rugby puts the club into administration  before any interested party has the opportunity to take over, meaning Rovers can buy the ground for £10k. The same person just happens to be a lifelong Rovers fan who became a life president of the club. Absolutely nothing illegal but surely a conflict of  interest? 

• Like 4

For club that has no club song and whose fans can't even put their heads together to adopt or write one, its quite amusing seeing rover's chants/songs being criticised.   Maybe you should talk to non Bristol fans who have been to both grounds and see which they say has the best atmosphere, but you wouldn't like the answer.

Just now, S_Y_G said:

For club that has no club song and whose fans can't even put their heads together to adopt or write one, its quite amusing seeing rover's chants/songs being criticised.   Maybe you should talk to non Bristol fans who have been to both grounds and see which they say has the best atmosphere, but you wouldn't like the answer.

My Wycombe m8 loves us .

1 hour ago, Hello said:

Um i said each to their own with their opinions and i didnt want to argue. The only point that bothered me was the fallacy of us stealing/trying to steal other peoples grounds.

As for trying to get it on the cheap as you say, aa in not steal. Iant that business. You had little or no money so we made an offer. It wasnt good enough so end off.

Is that any different than any club trying to buy a player on the cheap when x club is in financial trouble?

One difference could be that the buying and selling of players is an everyday, common occurrence in football. And the money an impoverished club receives for it's better players will go some way towards getting themselves out of an immediate problem.

On the contrary, football clubs trying to buy other clubs grounds is not a common occurrence. Let us not forget, at that time, Southampton and Ipswich came together to help us out. Whereas Rovers came sniffing round to help themselves.

There is a moral difference.

Likewise, the vulture like taking advantage of the rugby club's predicament, under the guise of saving their skins by taking the ground off them.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

More made up nonsense. When will it ever end?

Funnily enough the only time I've actually seen you on Sky was against Oxford at home and you could literally hear a gnat fart. But as you say your mate Dave who's a Dover fan says you are the louder fans so that accounts for every single football fan :facepalm:

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Fans of Wat teams saghead. Accrington Braintree Dover or teams like Newcastle Leicester or forest . When you have played teams like that in the last 10 years we might take u serious. And by the way the song u sing the only song u sing is shit and u nicked that as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hello said:

So we have established we have never stolen anyones ground

As for 82, i beleive we made an offer to buy AG when you were going bust. Thats buy, as in not steal

We have, but for a club nicknamed The Pirates it seems you're shit at stealing as well

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Technically not stolen a ground, but the circumstances of Rovers obtaining the Memorial Ground must be embarrassing to any honest fan. The owner of Bristol Rugby puts the club into administration  before any interested party has the opportunity to take over, meaning Rovers can buy the ground for £10k. The same person just happens to be a lifelong Rovers fan who became a life president of the club. Absolutely nothing illegal but surely a conflict of  interest? 

And morally repugnant.

Twice, Rovers have sniffed around the anticipated corpse of the sporting clubs of this city, with their "noble" intentions to "buy" the greatest asset, at the most convenient time for them. Funny how they weren't making offers to "buy" Ashton Gate or the rugby ground at any other time.

They have helped themselves to their own ground not through their own graft and endeavour, but by biding their time and through sneaky opportunism and mendacity.

Parasites

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

And morally repugnant.

Twice, Rovers have sniffed around the anticipated corpse of the sporting clubs of this city, with their "noble" intentions to "buy" the greatest asset, at the most convenient time for them. Funny how they weren't making offers to "buy" Ashton Gate or the rugby ground at any other time.

They have helped themselves to their own ground not through their own graft and endeavour, but by biding their time and through sneaky opportunism and mendacity.

Parasites

Couldn't agree more. I said at the time, what the gAss did to the rugby club was akin to picking the pockets of a dying man.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, redfred said:

None of us have stopped to welcome our former non-league friends back to the forum en-masse.

Nowhere to be seen for ages and now they've hit the dizzy heights of being level on points with Accrington, they all come flooding back.

It is half term to be fair.

37 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

For club that has no club song and whose fans can't even put their heads together to adopt or write one, 

We've got 'Drink up thy Zider'....

We didn't nick the song from another club.

37 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Maybe you should talk to non Bristol fans who have been to both grounds and see which they say has the best atmosphere, but you wouldn't like the answer.

Our atmosphere can be shit at times, by your own fans admission so can yours. Presumably the fans of 'non Bristol' teams you've been speaking to are the ones who've accidentally strayed into 'the Welly' and have said exactly what they think you want to hear whilst you've got them pinned to a wall, boring them to death. I'm sure it helps if you've got that look of sheer desperation in your eyes at the time..."please say Gasheads are better, PLEEEASE"

Ive read plenty of comments on Football Forums and Facebook complimenting our atmosphere at AG...others who say our away support at their ground is amongst the best they've had. Difference between us and you is that we don't pretend various complimentary comments from some different people represent every fan in the country.

Btw, I've also heard and read many, many comments about your (according to you) amazing and vocal support that YOU wouldn't like. Seems not everyone thinks you're as great as you think you are.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

And morally repugnant.

Parasites

Exactly, always have been always will be, a club gave them their route back to playing in Bristol, and at the first opportunity they plunged the knife into their landlords back, and now they want to trample all over the memories of those that gave their lives in the war.

before any sag states that the memorial is being left untouched I say rubbish, the memorial is the ground, a place whereby rugby can be played for years to come, not some houses or retail outlet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We've got 'Drink up thy Zider'....

We didn't nick the song from another club.

Our atmosphere can be shit at times, by your own fans admission so can yours. Presumably the fans of 'non Bristol' teams you've been speaking to are the ones who've accidentally strayed into 'the Welly' and have said exactly what they think you want to hear whilst you've got them pinned to a wall and boring them to death. I'm sure it helps if you've got that look of sheer desperation in your eyes at the time..."please say Gasheads are better, PLEEEASE"

Ive read plenty of comments on Football Forums and Facebook complimenting our atmosphere at AG...others who say our away support at their ground is amongst the best they've had. Difference between us and you is that we don't pretend various complimentary comments from some different people represent every fan in the country.

Btw, I've also heard and read many, many comments about your, apparently, amazing and vocal support that YOU wouldn't like. Seems not everyone thinks you're as great as you think you are.

Indeed I saw a video just the other day where Cambridge manager Shaun Derry confronted 3 sags after there game ,obviously talking about there shoes because all 3 of the cowardly weasels were staring at the floor the whole time.

3 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

And I despair at drunken football managers in pubs with 'the lads '

punching horses

Inventing amazing attendances

Stealing  and trying to steal other peoples grounds

Racially abusing players

Shall I go on..?

But like you I really do despair, funny old world ain't it.

Don't forget sexual assaults

46 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

This, apart from being inaccurate, is from a club that can't even decide on its own nickname. "The Gas" was a term of abuse given to Rovers by City supporters when Rovers played next to a gas works at  Eastville. Due to a complete lack of any imagination from Rovers supporters, they had to profusely thank those from Ashton Gate, for this insult, and decide to use it

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, redfred said:

Wonderful news about Keith's wife, but his regressive tone suggested that he just couldn't help himself, just like the rest of you.

For clarity, if the situation were reversed, Adam Baker would not even think to suggest putting Rovers' score up on the scoreboard at AG.

Bollocks. As I aid previously, there is a thread on here lauding a Radio Bristol presenter for slipping a 'Mind the gap' reference in.

Any**** that gets remotely upset at trivial comments over football is a bit of a *****.

Some Rovers fans are *****s, some City fans are *****s , and some say 'amusing' things, that aren't really all that amusing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

We paid 2.3 million for 50% the same price Amtrak were paying to put a distribution centre on the site.

The deal was either side could buy the other 50% for 10k

So thats 2.3m plus 10k we paid.for the ground. All in the accounts as we have/had the mortgage to prove it

I'm just at Wembley watching Oxford v Barnsley. You know, Oxford, that team above Bristol Rovers who are level on points with Accrington Stanley.

How the hell have the the best and richest team ever not win their awful league at a canter? Truly dire. You, Bristol Rovers, are a shambles. Go away 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S_Y_G said:

"Are you watching, Ashton Gate?"

Say no more

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

When you play the likes of Derby, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday etc..then we can ask them.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

I thought that Irene song was originally adopted by Plymouth fans and then you put your heads together, established you couldn't write your own song, considered adopting one and then deciding it would be easier to copy Plymouth.

• Like 4