IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

45 minutes ago, louis70 said:

Been Rovers since 1975 when my dad took me to the first game of the season on his shoulders and stood on the open end. What I can say with the new owners is that they have for the time being, as it stands made us solvent. All I really want is for my three sons to have a team to be proud of and yes even if we don't go up this season whatever the "banana" skin might be, we love our team. We have our Rovers back!! Enjoy

Happy dazes

I've heard alot about this "we have our rovers back". What does that actually mean?

When did it go missing and how were they found again?

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Just trying to bring it some attention, that by being so petty...they are playing right into the Rovers fans hands who say "we are obsessed'

Rovers fans also say that they are going to get 3 consecutive promotions. Just because they say it, doesn't make it true.

The win yesterday certainly makes them look likely to go up automatically.  Other than their home again against Exeter it's difficult to see them dropping many more points.

That said; their oft spoken of desire to share a league with us next year seems pretty unlikely now, and the suggestions of three successive promotions are eyebrow-raising to say the very least.

Although Burton are in with a reasonable chance this year, I'm wondering how often teams have gone from League Two to the Championship in one season; can't be often, and certainly other than the aforementioned, can't see many of those sides who've gone up on the last couple of years challenging high up the table.

Although we're all familiar with the blue few's long history of fanatical-yet-baseless belief in their own exceptionalism, surely even the most rabidly optimistic of them cannot be seriously thinking they'll head up to our currently level without serious investment?

And that really is the key; will these new owners put there hands in their pockets to fund this charge.  They will certainly need to, especially when you consider some of the sides likely to be gracing League One next year, and that will be the acid test.

But nice to see some raising their expectations already; will make the reaction to any stumbles on this touted road to new glories next year all the more hilarious.

1 hour ago, louis70 said:

Been Rovers since 1975 when my dad took me to the first game of the season on his shoulders and stood on the open end. What I can say with the new owners is that they have for the time being, as it stands made us solvent. All I really want is for my three sons to have a team to be proud of and yes even if we don't go up this season whatever the "banana" skin might be, we love our team. We have our Rovers back!! Enjoy

Happy dazes

Further proof of their obsession 

If they don`t win at Stevenage on Tuesday and others pick up points (strangely, all their rivals are away too but with the exception of Plymouth who are at Orient all have winnable matches) then next Saturday v Exeter becomes vital for them. On the same day you have Accrington v York, Wimbledon v Orient, Oxford v Hartlepool, Plymouth v Dagenham and Portsmouth v Wycombe - pretty much all home wins if you were forecasting it.

2 hours ago, Kingcider said:

Is it clear they are better off though ?

I have seen no real sign of that yet.They seem not to be able to afford a Stadium without other investment.

No proof that any debt has been written off.

Perhaps Wally was expecting millions from Sainsbury ?

What makes you think they are better off financially ?

Because there is no way they could be any worse off then they were. They didn't have a penny to scratch their asses with 

Ta quote Kodjiast Wrist yes I am still obsessed with Bristol Rover have been since the 70's, easy!!

As for getting "our Rovers back" that takes some explaining!

When we got relegated out of the football league it just felt like your Mrs who you love had been having it with your best mate from school. Felt sick for a couple of days. Anyhoo back to now we have a team who are performing on the pitch, last season the play off final was for me really poor but the last kick of the match was the best bit!!

Go back to 1975 we were a team in the old 2nd Division something to be proud of playing more prestigious teams, but as all things what goes up must come down, "generally." Getting our Rovers back for me refers to the "spirit" of the 89-90 season when we really went places and yes as a teenager watching us home and away all season we did great things. As a Bristolian I love my city and it made me really proud to be a small part of what could be, given that we had f*uk all resources. So yes I love this moment sharing it with my boy's as well.

We have our Rovers back.............................

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, louis70 said:

Ta quote Kodjiast Wrist yes I am still obsessed with Bristol Rover have been since the 70's, easy!!

When we got relegated out of the football league it just felt like your Mrs who you love had been having it with your best mate from school. Felt sick for a couple of days. Anyhoo back to now we have a team who are performing on the pitch, last season the play off final was for me really poor but the last kick of the match was the best bit!!

Go back to 1975 we were a team in the old 2nd Division something to be proud of playing more prestigious teams, but as all things what goes up must come down, "generally." Getting our Rovers back for me refers to the "spirit" of the 89-90 season when we really went places and yes as a teenager watching us home and away all season we did great things. As a Bristolian I love my city and it made me really proud to be a small part of what could be, given that we had f*uk all resources. So yes I love this moment sharing it with my boy's as well.

What BRFC means to me is top with 8 games left and not making the play offs... I may have my numbers wrong but I was a kid at that time, we were in the same divisions and I bloody loved that. Since then you've been like the nuisance little cousin who you think is a nob but won't stop talking to you... But equally you don't want to hit him :) 

That said, hats off. A fantastic 18 months rlatively speaking. DC as much as I question his professionalism has indeed done a superb job; not least to rebuild a side based on freebies and have them very competitive. As much as I think he's made mistakes PR wise you can't criticise the job he's done. It's been very impressive and I think he'll be (deservedly) on a few radars.  

I think you'll come up, I think you'll consolidate (ie stay up) next year too. But I  also think you're in for a tough time and will be in league one for a while - certainly more likely to drop than promote for the short to medium term at least. 

Let's be honest it's quite easy for a conference team to up their game in league two... You are going from crap to crap, but league one: next year particularly, (assuming, as I do, you'll go up) would be a BIG step up for your squad and whilst you have big expectations for the new money... I'm sceptical it will materialise. If it does, maybe we'll see you sooner rather than later. But there has been plenty to have us in jovial spirits lately. Summer will be interesting for both clubs. I think both need significant investment in the playing squad (relatively speaking). 

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, louis70 said:

Took all the trouble to sign up on your rivals forum and write some long posts fair play...

So you have your rovers back when you are winning things well that makes sense I suppose.

Admittedly you should never have been in the conference or even struggling in league 2 but now 2 seasons on and you are probably going to be back to where you really should be (Still below us) in league 1.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, louis70 said:

Awwww,  nearly brought a tear to my eye! 

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Because there is no way they could be any worse off then they were. They didn't have a penny to scratch their asses with 

I think you're spot on, I think their new owners realise that with planning permission for a new stadium already obtained they could have themselves a potentially nice little goldmine....if not for certain with a successful football team then with non football revenue, easily expandable capacity as well should the need arise.

This is where Higgs pulled an absolute blinder in my opinion by teaming up with the UWE and getting all this rolling. Gasheads will claim that Weal took them on because they are 'unique' and 'sleeping Giants with a massive loyal fanbase' (or some other deluded shit) but I strongly suspect the reality is that the prospect of owning ANY league football club with pp for a 20k+ stadium in a highly populated City with good transport links seems like a reasonable investment. There's no way he will not get them a new stadium. 

They will also get promoted, as long as we stay up the relief of survival in the Championship after the first 6 months of this season will FAR outweigh any disappointment about Rovers promotion to a division below us.

The length of this thread and the NLBR thread is testament the amount of absolute comedy gold they've served up over the last 2 years. Any Gashead who says it wouldn't be the same on their forums if the tables were turned is a massive ******* hypocrite. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bs3 said:

Your full off BS mate, every one and I mean every one connected Bristol Rovers from the tea lady, fans, and Gas Heads who  work in the media , belived that your man was a mutli mutli billionaire, on the same level as the Man City owners and you all thought you will be in the prem in a few season and playing in the champions leauge.

As it turns out you still can't even afford to build your cheap souless bowl of a stadium at UWE but you might build a car park there in October. 

DC and the team as done well this season but he will not be the first to get promoted from the Conference and then go on toget promoted the following season to L1, it is a regular occurrence. 

If you do or don't get promoted this season will you have the biggest budget in L1 or L2 if not why not , after all he is the 6th richest man in the world, this is not me claiming this but your fans on national radio . Your fans made these claims on radio phone in and not once  did the local media the ex board or current board quash these rumours.

I went to birmingham last week for work and got chatting to some West Brom fans and they mention the Rovers take over by Billionaire Arabs  and how they are going to do a Man City, when I told them he is not as wealthy as first thought and they still can't affford to build thier new stadium, they did have a little chuckle. 

You have again became a laughing stock.

Beleive it or not, not all of us were sucked in to the hyperbole and poor reporting of the take over. I have no idea what the Al Qadis are worth and to be honest i dont really care as long as they run the club right

Darrell Clarke really is the perfect match for them. I've never known someone so suited to managing Bristol Rovers - that's both a compliment and a criticism! You have to begrudgingly give him credit. I don't think he'd succeed anywhere else as a manager though. No real evidence for that prediction but just a feeling I have.

I still don't think they'll finish in the top three. Hopefully when things do start to go pear-shaped, they turn on him. As there was even a few times this season where he was getting a lot of flack from some of them which is quite unbelievable!

Edited by BCFC Jordan

11 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Darrell Clarke really is the perfect match for them. I've never known someone so suited to managing Bristol Rovers - that's both a compliment and a cristicism! You have to begrudgingly give him credit. I don't think he'd succeed anywhere else as a manager though. No real evidence for that prediction but just a feeling I have.

I still don't think they'll finish in the top three. Hopefully when things do start to go pear-shaped, they turn on him. As there was even a few times this season where he was getting a lot of flack from some of them which is quite unbelievable!

Darrell Clarke is, in the immortal words of Norman Stanley Fletcher, a Charmless Nerk.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Darrell Clarke really is the perfect match for them. I've never known someone so suited to managing Bristol Rovers - that's both a compliment and a criticism! You have to begrudgingly give him credit. I don't think he'd succeed anywhere else as a manager though. No real evidence for that prediction but just a feeling I have.

Billionaire gas best fans in the world yada yada

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30040276

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Ahh the evening post to back up your non point,

a comic strip in the beano would be better proof mate

Shouldn't have expected a reply other than that when using the EP as a reference...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Rovers_F.C.#Kit_suppliers_and_sponsors

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Exactly! So any rovers on here should get the same treatment apart from miah and in the net :shifty:

To be fair me and plenty of others have questioned the decision to ban City fans. I can understand if a City fan has come onto the forum and done nothing but troll, likewise would expect a Rovers fan on here to get the same treatment but to ban just for being a City fan is a bit petty IMO and if it was up to me it wouldn't happen.

On another note, congratulations to Oskar on winning the Supporter of the Year. Thoroughly deserved and I'm sure I speak for every Rovers fan in wishing him all the best for the future.

• Like 13

18 hours ago, samo II said:

Although Burton are in with a reasonable chance this year, I'm wondering how often teams have gone from League Two to the Championship in one season; can't be often.

To the best of my knowledge that has never happened in the history of English football. I may be wrong though and I suppose there is always a first for everything. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Exactly! So any rovers on here should get the same treatment apart from miah and in the net :shifty:

But they are so stupid and deluded it's hilarious. They literally have no ammunition and they still come on here with tripe. Let them come I say!

(mia and in the net excluded as they have IQs bordering on a lower City fan and it's possible that their parents aren't blood relations) 

Edited by Murraysrightplum