IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I'm not in to getting carried away like some of our fans have.

Definitely small steps for us, but there at least seems to be a better feeling around the club.

If we ever build a new stadium be it 21,000, 26,000 or 35,000 at UWE, if something actually starts to happen I think it will encourage more people to come back or start supporting Rovers.

I don't pretend we would fill it or even get better crowds than yourselves if you were doing well, but I think the stadium issue is the one thing that has eroded away Gasheads more than any other or I should say the failure to produce on despite many plans.

4 minutes ago, Hello said:

Definitely small steps for us, but there at least seems to be a better feeling around the club.

If we ever build a new stadium be it 21,000, 26,000 or 35,000 at UWE, if something actually starts to happen I think it will encourage more people to come back or start supporting Rovers.

I don't pretend we would fill it or even get better crowds than yourselves if you were doing well, but I think the stadium issue is the one thing that has eroded away Gasheads more than any other or I should say the failure to produce on despite many plans.

A larger stadium than we needed has helped City double its season ticket holders in a generation. I believe at one time only Nottingham Forest had a higher proportion of under 16 season ticket holders than us. It's paid dividends.

Ive no doubt that's exactly the sort of activity Rovers would engage in too.

8 minutes ago, Hello said:

More more people come back?  How many have you lost?  From where I've been sitting for the past 40 years your crowds have always been at the level that they are at now.  Is there some unknown 30,000 that have been in hiding?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

More more people come back?  How many have you lost?  From where I've been sitting for the past 40 years your crowds have always been at the level that they are at now.  Is there some unknown 30,000 that have been in hiding?

They've still not sold out their squalid dump for the biggest game of their season so far tomorrow and you see them chatting about 35k capacity stadiums.

Bewildering.

56 minutes ago, Stortz said:

They've still not sold out their squalid dump for the biggest game of their season so far tomorrow and you see them chatting about 35k capacity stadiums.

Bewildering.

Joking aside, new stadiums do seem to make an impact on supporter numbers and there's no real doubt in my mind that once the UWE Stadium is built their attendances will go up, certainly in the first few years. Whether they stay higher will depend on success/failure on the pitch....just like us and pretty much every other league club. 

In fairness to 'Hello', he hasn't been spouting all the pie in the sky bullshit you find written by mentally challenged Rovers fans on Facebook and Slagchat. They've always slagged off our atmosphere yet many also complain about their own at the Mem as things are now with a 'hardcore' 5/6k supporters. It'll be no better in a 21/27/35k all seater stadium with an extra 10k fans who couldn't be bothered to show up during the hard times....let alone belt out Irene or anti City songs for 90 minutes. 

Slagchat and Facebook will of course claim that as soon as these new fans turn up they'll be blown away in amazement by the 'quarterz' and 'Ireeen' and will instantly become 'Gas fer life', 'hate the shit', 'Gas family' blah blah blah which is cringeworthy rubbish. If they were that special as a club and fanbase compared to us they would've had higher attendances than us for decades, selling out their own ground every week...but they haven't.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

I only mentioned 35K stadium as that is the potentially expansion at UWE. I have no idea what the owners want to build.

I don't see myself bragging about filling that or even 21k if anyone bothered to read the words I actually wrote.

As for Exeter tomorrow. I imagine some people will hold off and are hedging their bets with the play-offs a possibility. Most people have plumped for the last game of the season which is sold out.

This is why (like you) improving or building a new ground is important. Hopefully helps bring  RELATIVE success and people commit to better facilities, or better facilities attract more people which helps  success as the circle goes round, like every club that attempts to do it

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Joking aside, new stadiums do seem to make an impact on supporter numbers and there's no real doubt in my mind that once the UWE Stadium is built their attendances will go up, certainly in the first few years. Whether they stay higher will depend on success/failure on the pitch....just like us and pretty much every other league club. 

In fairness to 'Hello', he hasn't been spouting all the pie in the sky bullshit you find written by mentally challenged Rovers fans on Facebook and Slagchat. They've always slagged off our atmosphere yet many also complain about their own at the Mem as things are now with a 'hardcore' 5/6k supporters. It'll be no better in a 21/27/35k all seater stadium with an extra 10k fans who couldn't be bothered to show up during the hard times....let alone belt out Irene or anti City songs for 90 minutes. 

Slagchat and Facebook will of course claim that as soon as these new fans turn up they'll be blown away in amazement by the 'quarterz' and 'Ireeen' and will instantly become 'Gas fer life', 'hate the shit', 'Gas family' blah blah blah which is cringeworthy rubbish. If they were that special as a club and fanbase compared to us they would've had higher attendances than us for decades, selling out their own ground every week...but they haven't.

Agree with much of what you've said and Hello and our other pet Gas on here aren't too ridiculous.

My point is that instead of being happy with the possibility of a 20k stadium, a fair proportion of them suddenly start talking about 30k or 35k capacities. It's just classic Gas delusion.

And I've read all the excuses about why you haven't sold out tomorrow @Hello. Whichever way you dress it up, not selling out a sub 11k hovel for this game is more than a bit embarrassing. Especially given how much the majority of your fans bang on endlessly about how well supported you are.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hello said:

I

As for Exeter tomorrow. I imagine some people will hold off and are hedging their bets with the play-offs a possibility. Most people have plumped for the last game of the season which is sold out.

Yeah I remember us holding off last season when we were on for promotion :facepalm:

Seriously what football fan does not go to games when the team you love is on for promotion. ..chatting shit I'm afraid.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Yeah I remember us holding off last season when we were on for promotion :facepalm:

Seriously what football fan does not go to games when the team you love is on for promotion. ..chatting shit I'm afraid.

But they need to save their pennies! It is TWENTY WHOLE POUNDS to stand on their little terrace!

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Agree with much of what you've said and Hello and our other pet Gas on here aren't too ridiculous.

My point is that instead of being happy with the possibility of a 20k stadium, a fair proportion of them suddenly start talking about 30k or 35k capacities. It's just classic Gas delusion.

And I've read all the excuses about why you haven't sold out tomorrow @Hello. Whichever way you dress it up, not selling out a sub 11k hovel for this game is more than a bit embarrassing. Especially given how much the majority of your fans bang on endlessly about how well supported you are.

personally I believe we should have sold out, but nowt queer as folk. I think the problem is that we have averaged 6,500 most of the season so the extra are all pay on the day. I know there were a few people that were forking out for the last 4 or 5 games all in one go so they had a ticket and some couldn't afford to do all the games.

Might be poor, might be a lame excuse but that is the challenge for us and every other clubs getting the 'extra' fans to commit to Season tickets and making them regulars

24 minutes ago, Hello said:

I only mentioned 35K stadium as that is the potentially expansion at UWE. I have no idea what the owners want to build.

I don't see myself bragging about filling that or even 21k if anyone bothered to read the words I actually wrote.

This is why (like you) improving or building a new ground is important. Hopefully helps bring  RELATIVE success and people commit to better facilities, or better facilities attract more people which helps  success as the circle goes round, like every club that attempts to do it

Why the hell would you 'Hold off' for the biggest game of the season so far and with automatic promotion still a possibility?

Edited by Redstoke

31 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I guess football is all what if's, buts and maybes and clichés at the end of the day :)

What if Geoff Bradford never broke his leg (or was replaced) and Rovers got promoted to the 1st division, what if you had won the Championship play-off final.

Personally as I have said before I'd rather Rovers and City had a healthy rivalry as high up the divisions as possible. obviously that means success for both teams to  a degree.

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

personally I believe we should have sold out, but nowt queer as folk. I think the problem is that we have averaged 6,500 most of the season so the extra are all pay on the day. I know there were a few people that were forking out for the last 4 or 5 games all in one go so they had a ticket and some couldn't afford to do all the games.

Might be poor, might be a lame excuse but that is the challenge for us and every other clubs getting the 'extra' fans to commit to Season tickets and making them regulars

Unfortunately you are in a tiny minority. The vast majority of your fans are literally obsessed with attendances and are forever telling us how shit our support is compared to their magnificent fans who are more fervent, passionate and loyal than any other fans in the world.

Sell your effing ground out for a vital promotion game then, or stfu about it!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Hello said:

I guess football is all what if's, buts and maybes and clichés at the end of the day :)

What if Geoff Bradford never broke his leg (or was replaced) and Rovers got promoted to the 1st division, what if you had won the Championship play-off final.

Personally as I have said before I'd rather Rovers and City had a healthy rivalry as high up the divisions as possible. obviously that means success for both teams to  a degree.

Hmmmmmmm. ...

You might be on to something there, mate. A sort of Liverpool/Everton rivalry - with you lot as the underachieving Toffeemen of course.

11 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Unfortunately you are in a tiny minority. The vast majority of your fans are literally obsessed with attendances and are forever telling us how shit our support is compared to their magnificent fans who are more fervent, passionate and loyal than any other fans in the world.

Sell your effing ground out for a vital promotion game then, or stfu about it!

In the words of Rafa 'Fact'

image.jpeg

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Iron man you know we cant take those facts in to account because of the different leagues we are in and all the money we have......

How could I forget, even know when we've been in the same division we've always comfortably had higher attendances. They've had it so hard you know dem gazheds :violin:

1 hour ago, Hello said:

Indeed.

I think the reason it gets so highlighted is because BRFC put out statements like 'Unique fans', 'Family club', and all that guff when actually it is a shoddy showing of support. We're guilty of it too with the sleeping giant etc, but I think most reds stopped lapping that up a while ago.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Champions = 0 ????

I take that to mean at the top level, our highest place is 2 so i assume that's 2nd in the highest division although i don't know what year we did.

And i take that means rovers highest ever finish is somewhere between 4th and 8th in the second division depending on how many got knocked off the prem when it was formed.

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Champions = 0 ????

I'm presuming that means 1st division/premier.  We've finished runners up once in the 1st division whilst the Gas have never finished higher than 6/8 in the 2nd division, hence their 28th highest position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

In the words of Rafa 'Fact'

image.jpeg

I have to talk about facts. From October 2000 we have been better, fact. 

Our average attendances are now proven better, fact.

So I am sorry to all the sad Gasheads we are better than you, facts!!

(In Rafas voice)