IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So which trophy did they win in 2006/07???

By my recollection they didn't win anything that year..

They got a little trophy for winning the play offs.  They then spent a good few years banging on about winning a trophy that season whereas we didn't get a trophy (as we went up automatically that year).  Like I said, #gaslogic. 

Let them climb, the further you climb the bigger the drop (and yes Gasheads we are speaking from experience). From experience too we can also say building a new stadium is never straightforward, even if you have the money. And I'll add to that the fact that building a team,when other clubs know your owner has money, isn't either. Hes's only been there 5 minutes, and pretty much only experienced the good times. Let's see what happens when the going gets tough, and it will, promotion or not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

They got a little trophy for winning the play offs.  They then spent a good few years banging on about winning a trophy that season whereas we didn't get a trophy (as we went up automatically that year).  Like I said, #gaslogic. 

Blimey! They got a trophy for a div 4 play off win??!

Ha ha! Was that also the season they knocked us out the Mickey Mouse Football League Trophy and one of theirs described it as 'literally the best day of my life' on their forum?! Pity they lost the final to Donny Rovers tho!

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We've won 'two Wembley finals in a row'? Have we?

Ah bollux, didn't see the word "wins" in that sentence. Obviously my subconscious couldn't get to grips with the idea of that lot having another successful season.

Hope it didn't play to much havoc with that pedantic streak you seem to have acquired.

ahhh the post story to keep the native quiet,

Truth of the matter is Higgs have conned them, weal hasn't got the funds to build the ground, the UWE want out and there can;t find investment to bail them out,

with in 2 months they will be begging the council to pay for it,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Even if they end-up playing in a souped-up athletics track, the gulf in terms of football infrastructure between them and clubs in the Championship is enormous, yet they are sounding like it's a piece of piss to build a squad that can even compete at the top end of League 1.

SC found it a piece of piss......

9 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

This is the best yet.. lad on twitter jokes about having 50 beam back tickets to sell (he doesn't) but Slag chat goes into meltdown:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/7043/beam-back-york-all-sold

Knew it wouldn't be long before aspersions were cast our way, Henbury Gas never fails to entertain.

3 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Knew it wouldn't be long before aspersions were cast our way, Henbury Gas never fails to entertain.

oh henbury gas the man who believes that their owners are richer then bill gates, the man proven to be wrong 99% of the time

I saw on facebook he's selling to city fans , disgrace if true . many decent fans put their efforts into podcasts and fanzines, there's always one idiot spoiling it for the rest of us

nice quote from their forum, why would any city fan buy tickets to a rovers beamback when we are at home

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

A little thing called gas logic.  

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/the-best-price-guaranteed-for-201617-season-cards-3084228.aspx .

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/last-day-for-early-bird-season-tickets-3085515.aspx

I wonder how their logic is coping with this?

Edited by Port Said Red

34 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:
The uptake in season tickets has been superb so far with 3,854 Season Tickets

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 3

On 4/26/2016 at 13:19, Monkeh said:

ahhh the post story to keep the native quiet,

Truth of the matter is Higgs have conned them, weal hasn't got the funds to build the ground, the UWE want out and there can;t find investment to bail them out,

with in 2 months they will be begging the council to pay for it,

I was wondering about this. I know the funding process can take a while but it seems to have gone very quiet, did his trip to see the money men not go well?  How long are the UWE willing to put things on hold waiting for the squatters to find the money for the ground?  Weal said from the outset they wouldn't be throwing money at the 'project' , I took that to mean the team at the time but obviously it also meant the ground. I can honestly see them taking a similar route to us and redeveloping the Rugby ground. Their delusional state means they won't even get the hypocrisy of some of their outpourings and will state that it was the favoured choice all the time, myself I'd be happy if they left Bristol to become ONE of the biggest teams in Gloucester.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I was wondering about this. I know the funding process can take a while but it seems to have gone very quiet, did his trip to see the money men not go well?  How long are the UWE willing to put things on hold waiting for the squatters to find the money for the ground?  Weal said from the outset they wouldn't be throwing money at the 'project' , I took that to mean the team at the time but obviously it also meant the ground. I can honestly see them taking a similar route to us and redeveloping the Rugby ground. Their delusional state means they won't even get the hypocrisy of some of their outpourings and will state that it was the favoured choice all the time, myself I'd be happy if they left Bristol to become ONE of the biggest teams in Gloucester.

The funding situation is definitely interesting. Steve Lansdown has spent £45m ish just on a ground redevelopment. Two new stands and and extension & refurbishment for a third. Take this figure and extrapolate it and you have the cost of a full size new stadium.  If Weal really doesn't have the money I think the options are either sell the Memorial Stadium and use the money to build a basic small ground at UWE or, as you say, stay where they are and just do a tidy up 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The funding situation is definitely interesting. Steve Lansdown has spent £45m ish just on a ground redevelopment. Two new stands and and extension & refurbishment for a third. Take this figure and extrapolate it and you have the cost of a full size new stadium.  If Weal really doesn't have the money I think the options are either sell the Memorial Stadium and use the money to build a basic small ground at UWE or, as you say, stay where they are and just do a tidy up 

I have hacked their server and uncovered the stadium renovation masterplan:

ResinChairs.jpg

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Just found an interesting site, Sc'unthorpe are apparently starting a new build this summer. 12,000 seats at a cost of in the region of £18m . I guess the sums aren't as easy as double the seats double the cost, but if they were thinking of 20k seats and leaving the fit out to be like Colchester and Shrewsbury (very basic) I guess there would be little change from £35-£40 million. Sainsbury's deal was paying over the odds for the Mem so the shortfall could be £20-£30m , that's a lot of funding for a stadium you would already only part own.

A refit makes sense and if the capacity was reduced during the rebuild, to say 7,000 , they could boast about selling out the ground more often, win win !