IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just found an interesting site, Sc'unthorpe are apparently starting a new build this summer. 12,000 seats at a cost of in the region of £18m . I guess the sums aren't as easy as double the seats double the cost, but if they were thinking of 20k seats and leaving the fit out to be like Colchester and Shrewsbury (very basic) I guess there would be little change from £35-£40 million. Sainsbury's deal was paying over the odds for the Mem so the shortfall could be £20-£30m , that's a lot of funding for a stadium you would already only part own.

A refit makes sense and if the capacity was reduced during the rebuild, to say 7,000 , they could boast about selling out the ground more often, win win !

What about the cost of the land though? Does Scunny`s  £18m include that? I`m guessing the sags won`t be buying the UWE land so that could be a significant saving for them.

Even so, I don`t think we`re going to be seeing a state of the art new sports ground emerging from a field at UWE for at least five years, if at all - unless of course some wealthy businessman with an interest in supporting local sport were to finance a tennis & athletics complex on the site. I`m sure the facilities at the Bristol Sport/UWE multi sports arena would be the envy of many.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

We've sold more than that in one stand ha ha ha ha deluded fools 

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What about the cost of the land though? Does Scunny`s  £18m include that? I`m guessing the sags won`t be buying the UWE land so that could be a significant saving for them.

Even so, I don`t think we`re going to be seeing a state of the art new sports ground emerging from a field at UWE for at least five years, if at all - unless of course some wealthy businessman with an interest in supporting local sport were to finance a tennis & athletics complex on the site. I`m sure the facilities at the Bristol Sport/UWE multi sports arena would be the envy of many.

Not sure about the land, in the Squatters case that would be the UWE side of the partnership. I meant to add the link to the site ....

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/about-the-author/developments.html

This site also has the proposed SagDome, 21,700 initial seats expandable to 35,000. WTAF ?? :rofl2br:

The site is a little behind the times though, Higgs hasn't updated them on becoming a football super power :worship2:

30 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think the term the few prefer is 'world class facility'

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just found an interesting site, Sc'unthorpe are apparently starting a new build this summer. 12,000 seats at a cost of in the region of £18m . I guess the sums aren't as easy as double the seats double the cost, but if they were thinking of 20k seats and leaving the fit out to be like Colchester and Shrewsbury (very basic) I guess there would be little change from £35-£40 million. Sainsbury's deal was paying over the odds for the Mem so the shortfall could be £20-£30m , that's a lot of funding for a stadium you would already only part own.

A refit makes sense and if the capacity was reduced during the rebuild, to say 7,000 , they could boast about selling out the ground more often, win win !

Cost comparisons with stadium builds are interesting. If all you want is a few seats the build can be relatively cheap. If you want something that generates income 7 days per week the cost increases significantly, but is better long term. In the Post recently it stated that MK's ground cost approx £40m (several years ago) but Brighton's was almost £100m. You pays your money and you takes your choice 

• Like 1

On 17/03/2016 at 10:52, Big Brother said:

Come on Steve, have a chat to UWE and offer a joint venture to build a gymnastics arena and athletics track under the Bristol Sport banner.  Perhaps the stadium could have greyhound racing as well.

Just thinking out loud, but could the UWE Chemistry Department start a project to replicate the Eastville Stink. Won't be easy, I know but what's life without a challenge?

Edited by Aizoon
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Just thinking out loud, but could the UWE Chemistry Department start a project to replicate the Eastville Stink. Won't be easy, I know but what's life without a challenge?

I expect the Anthropology Students are excited about the new stadium.  Instead of spending months digging around to find the bones of our ancient ancestors, they'll be able to just look out the window to study the knuckle dragging Neanderthals waking past outside.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Don't you just luv em ?

" Accrington stanley. Annoying little team aren't they. Why don't they just **** off and let the proper teams fight it out? Go away. "

Would that be the Accrington Stanley that has been in the football league for 10 years now? 

And would that be the 'proper team' recently promoted from the part time league? 

Just checking.

It has also just dawned on me that their situation with league position is similar to ours when we got promoted to the championship under GJ.

Challenging for back to back promotions, only difference is that their promised land is league 1...

Mind the gap!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

My dad always said "judge a man by 'ees shoes"......................

Indeed. According to a very old Irish lady I used to know you should always have a good pair of shoes and a good bed - if you're not in one you're in the other.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

"Accy dont deserve it. Sorry but as well as they are doing, 2000 fans a game, in a tinpot ground? Not exactly league 1 style is it... But if they go up fair play to em"

Did a saghead actually say this?. Does he realise he has,made himself look like a prize pillock?. Honestly no other fanbase of any club on the planet would come out with such deluded nonsense. Like they have not spent the majority of the last ten years in league 2 but still think they deserve a berth in at least league 1. Why am I even surprised:facepalm:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BobbyC said:

Don't you just luv em ?

" Accrington stanley. Annoying little team aren't they. Why don't they just **** off and let the proper teams fight it out? Go away. "

34 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

"Accy dont deserve it. Sorry but as well as they are doing, 2000 fans a game, in a tinpot ground? Not exactly league 1 style is it... But if they go up fair play to em"

Whilst these are just a couple of quotes from an Internet forum those of us who work and live alongside Gasheads know full well that many of them share this sort of arrogant attitude and delusions of grandeur....the very thing they accuse us of.

Inside their heads that are tightly packed with straw they believe that the average 'neutral' fan in this country view them as humble 'salt of the Earth' type supporters whilst the reality is that most fans who come into contact with them (either on the Internet or real life) think the opposite.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Whilst these are just a couple of quotes from an Internet forum those of us who work and live alongside Gasheads know full well that many of them share this sort of arrogant attitude and delusions of grandeur....the very thing they accuse us of.

Inside their heads that are tightly packed with straw they believe that the average 'neutral' fan in this country view them as humble 'salt of the Earth' type supporters whilst the reality is that most fans who come into contact with them (either on the Internet or real life) think the opposite.

:laughcont:

I recently started design works for a design and build contract in Derby. The main contractor's Project Manager is a Notts County fan, and he is a sound guy. When I sat down with him to negotiate the deal, it took him about 2 seconds to deduce I was a Bristolian. He of course then asked which team I followed. He was hugely relieved when I told him City. He did suggest that the contract might have been in doubt had I given the "wrong" answer ! 

He then went on a rant about the 15ers; and claimed he hated them more than I ever could !! :rofl2br:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Tinpot ground ?

Unbelievable.

The only "professional" club to utilise tents and a cricket pavilion as stands and they have the neck to call ANY other football ground tinpot.

And plastic patio chairs....never forget that.

Plastic Patio Chairs

• Like 1

Rovers fans want to think back to Eastville.Gawd that was as bad if not worse than the Memorial ground.Some actually called it the Wembley of the west , laugh.Remember the rose beds behind goals , the putrid stink from gas works.The unfinished North stand open at one end.Toilets swimming in urine , the class wooden stand , what atip it was .

48 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Rovers fans want to think back to Eastville.Gawd that was as bad if not worse than the Memorial ground.Some actually called it the Wembley of the west , laugh.Remember the rose beds behind goals , the putrid stink from gas works.The unfinished North stand open at one end.Toilets swimming in urine , the class wooden stand , what atip it was .

Aw c'mon - it wasn't that good.

So I just seen this pop up on FB.

I mean, really?

Championship club, refurbished stadium, bringing through youth players into the first team on a regular occurrence now, and the fact we are historically better than them. The picture is embarrassing and should be pointing towards Filton Avenue.

10171883_1497053653847467_572770929380757665_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

So I just seen this pop up on FB.

I mean, really?

Championship club, refurbished stadium, bringing through youth players into the first team on a regular occurrence now, and the fact we are historically better than them. The picture is embarrassing and should be pointing towards Filton Avenue.

10171883_1497053653847467_572770929380757665_n.jpg

Fat****