IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin

Interesting to see the whole of Leicester celebrating, many commentators in the media have made reference to it being a one club city and how that has helped the feel good factor be even better.

I have long been of the opinion we would be better of as a one club city....... I can but dream that Wally's tenure will lead to their demise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

Okay, let's pretend for a second Cole is a Rovers fan (he really isn't honestly), a quick count up suggests there are 17 different posters on that thread (excluding Cole) and of that 17 no one actually agrees with his assumption (and it's not even really an assumption- he just suggests we 'could' be in Leicester's shoes in 10 years time).

In the same vein I am sure there were some City fans who lapped it up when your board of a decade or so back (maybe even longer) promised a major trophy, European football etc within a certain timeframe, and equally there were far more sensible City fans who could see the empty promises for what they were.

To be fair, a number of Gas fans were so deluded about your so called billionaire chairman and how Premier League was a given that you could easily assume it was a gas fan.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Shame, in that case I will hold a constant surveillance on UK Gold !

I suppose if anyone had them,  it would be Darryl Clarke.

I expect he spends his evening watching them,  followed by Howard Way, El Dorado and Triangle.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

To be fair, a number of Gas fans were so deluded about your so called billionaire chairman and how Premier League was a given that you could easily assume it was a gas fan.

There we go again, another stereotypical assumption that all us Rovers fans think the chairman is going to spend millions...I don't for a moment. He's a businessman and will take his cut where he can..now where that comes from who knows. We'll have to go up first, and then there won't be any more income to pick the bones from. As for Taylor v's kodjia- close call, Taylor seems to be getting better all the time, and as you are the only 'billiionaires' outside the premier league no doubt you'd offer for him..cost you a few camels mind....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

There we go again, another stereotypical assumption that all us Rovers fans think the chairman is going to spend millions...I don't for a moment. He's a businessman and will take his cut where he can..now where that comes from who knows. We'll have to go up first, and then there won't be any more income to pick the bones from. As for Taylor v's kodjia- close call, Taylor seems to be getting better all the time, and as you are the only 'billiionaires' outside the premier league no doubt you'd offer for him..cost you a few camels mind....

Umm, he wasn't saying all you rovers fans thought that. "A number of gas fans..." and you're lying if you're going to deny that there were a fair few Rovers fans saying that kind of stuff as there was plenty of it, especially on social media.

As for Taylor, not fit to lace the boots of Kodjia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

True, but when you consider the thread was started by a City fan pretending to be a Rovers fan suggesting we could be 'the next Leicester', and then that the HUGE majority of posts after that ( from real Rovers fans) tell the OP not to be so silly, then it kind of turns the whole thing on it's head!

Still, the media never let the truth get in the way of a good headline, so why should football forums be any different :)

Seven replies about Leicester now with only the two latest ones offering them any congratulations.

And a new thread has emerged to rubbish tonights National League play off fixture with particular nastiness reserved for Forest Green.

There was a time when the Rovers were respected for our sportsmanship . 

48 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Kodjia v Taylor?

:facepalm:

No wonder nobody takes you lot seriously.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Did you honestly write that without laughing :rofl2br:

1 hour ago, st andrews gas said:

Most of your fans are claiming that he is a Billionaire. 

BBC Football Focus on Saturday claimed he was a Billionaire.

Made in Bristol TV yesterday called him a Billionaire,

There is a disconnect here, when he took over Rovers why did all you fans assume the UWE Stadium will get built? Answer because it was announced he was a billionaire and that the outcome of the judicial reveiw had no bearing on Rovers ability to build their new staduim, and yet you are no further forward in you dream than when Higgs was Chairman.

Lets face it, you have been taken in by a fake shake and now you are to embarrassed to admit the truth or claim all along that you knew he wasn't the 6th richest man on the planet. 

Inside yourself you are hurting, you and your Gas mates thought you won the lottery, you did buy you lost the ticket, how does it feel.?

The more you protest the more joy I get out of you , so keep telling everyone on here that he is a bussiness man and he won't be throwing his money at Rovers, while we are happy to sit in a state of the art brand new Ashton Gate funded by OUR Billionaire owner, in the knowledge of knowing if we have a good season in the transfere market we can be challenging in the top half of the Championship and we a little luck, who Knows.

Edited by bs3

38 minutes ago, City169 said:

Umm, he wasn't saying all you rovers fans thought that. "A number of gas fans..." and you're lying if you're going to deny that there were a fair few Rovers fans saying that kind of stuff as there was plenty of it, especially on social media.

As for Taylor, not fit to lace the boots of Kodjia.

I do not lie mate..not in my DNA or upbringing..can't speak for other Rovers fans but have to admit you have given me the biggest laugh in ages regarding Kodjia...

Kodjia 20 goals

Taylor 27 goals

Therefore Taylor MUST be better - gas logic again!

I wonder how many Kodjia could score in the basement, not that we'll ever find out!

Akinde wasn't good enough to make it with us, and even he's got 22 this season at that low level

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

I do not lie mate..not in my DNA or upbringing..can't speak for other Rovers fans but have to admit you have given me the biggest laugh in ages regarding Kodjia...

As pointed out below, Akinde was useless with us in league 1(?) but lethal in the conference and even got 22 in league 2. Taylor has clearly had a good season, but is nowhere near a 20 goal a season striker in the championship.

Edited by City169

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Most of your fans are claiming that he is a Billionaire. 

BBC Football Focus on Saturday claimed he was a Billionaire.

Made in Bristol TV yesterday called him a Billionaire,

There is a disconnect here, when he took over Rovers why did all you fans assume the UWE Stadium will get built? Answer because it was announced he was a billionaire and that the outcome of the judicial reveiw had no bearing on Rovers ability to build their new staduim, and yet you are no further forward in you dream than when Higgs was Chairman.

Lets face it, you have been taken in by a fake shake and now you are to embarrassed to admit the truth or claim all along that you knew he wasn't the 6th richest man on the planet. 

Inside yourself you are hurting, you and you Gas mates thought you won the lottery, you did buy you lost the ticket, how does it feel.?

The more you protest the more joy I get out of you , so keep telling everyone on here that he is a bussiness man and he won't be throwing his money at Rovers, while we are happy to sit in a state of the art brand new Ashton Gate funded by OUR Billionaire owner, in the knowledge of knowing if we have a good season in the transfere market we can be challenging in the top half of the Championship and we a little luck, who Knows.

For god's sake - do you honestly I think I am actually going to take that 'rant' to heart- says more about your own personal gripe with what other Rovers fans have said - aim your pathetic comments to yourself or those whom YOU personally know who made them.. I never did..do I 'protest' ...no...am I 'hurting inside' no... have I said that our chairman isn't the 6th richest man in the planet on YOUR forum...YES...

May I suggest 20 milligrams of valium and a pair of reading glasses...

37 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Seven replies about Leicester now with only the two latest ones offering them any congratulations.

And a new thread has emerged to rubbish tonights National League play off fixture with particular nastiness reserved for Forest Green.

There was a time when the Rovers were respected for our sportsmanship . 

6 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

For god's sake - do you honestly I think I am actually going to take that 'rant' to heart- says more about your own personal gripe with what other Rovers fans have said - aim your pathetic comments to yourself or those whom YOU personally know who made them.. I never did..do I 'protest' ...no...am I 'hurting inside' no... have I said that our chairman isn't the 6th richest man in the planet on YOUR forum...YES...

May I suggest 20 milligrams of valium and a pair of reading glasses...

Keeping come mate . I think you protest to much, 

Come on admit it. On that Friday when the take over was announced you did dare to dream.

15 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

C'mon mate I know you're a sag and delusion is in your DNA but Kodjia has scored 20 goals in a struggling team in one of the hardest leagues around. Taylors scoring freely in a league above a part time division. Perspective FFS

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

FFS :facepalm: OK I'll bite.

Taylor has had 2 good seasons for a side doing well in the lowest professional leagues , he has come through non league football and learnt his trade at low level. 27 in 45 is very good which ever league you're in. But as I said you are in THE LOWEST LEAGUE ! Kodjia has come into the Championship (one of the most competitive leagues around), not speaking the language and with little support in a struggling team and has got as many goals as any striker in the division ! . But I forgot , Taylor's 'getting better all the time' ! 

4 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Well- in the unlikely event I have the time- I'll look through your 21,000 plus posts and see if you can be taken seriously.

Just get the super fans of yours that'll be locked out of The Memorial on Saturday to check each post in turn. 

Should keep the 21335 "faithful" busy. 

25 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

'Gas logic'....

Quite possibly the best thing I've ever heard :laughcont:

Oh 'Gas logic' is priceless mate  - best recent example on their forum was that we are 'only staying up because three teams are worse than us but they are going up because they are better than 20 other teams'

You cannot choreograph comedy quite like that!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Well- in the unlikely event I have the time- I'll look through your 21,000 plus posts and see if you can be taken seriously.

You have the time to come on this forum so sure you have.