IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So wheres wally said its an embarrasing amount for the club to lose right?

How much we talking ? Im sure being a billionaire it wont bother him too much.

Sounded to me like the whole project is up in the air.

Investment banks attracts investors who want a return.

Quad-zillionaire can't or won't fund it.

UWE deal was dependant on the sale of the Mem to Sainsbury's.

Back to the drawing board me thinks.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sounded to me like the whole project is up in the air.

Investment banks attracts investors who want a return.

Quad-zillionaire can't or won't fund it.

UWE deal was dependant on the sale of the Mem to Sainsbury's.

Back to the drawing board me thinks.

Forgot to add....

My heart bleeds.

(For the Whoosh worthy, it doesn't really).

32 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

"Will the new owners be funding the stadium?"

"We're lucky they own a investment bank they can attract investors"

"Is that a yes or no"

"We'll be looking worldwide for investors"

That'll be a no then.

They're the "richest club in Bristol now, new stadium on its way"....It's all been confirmed by Jake's dad. He even slurred "unlucky the shit", so it must be true....

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

13 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Each and every Rovers fan have a deep physiological problem with us, I can't even explain it, it's just weird. They hate us but at the same time are also obsessed by us? I think secretly deep down they all wish they were City fans but just to stubborn to admit it.

Don't think so ..each and every ? I'm here out of interest not obsession. . Sometimes I think what you think but the other way around ! ! We're all from Bristol and all have mates and family who support the other team .. We have a chance of a second promotion in a row so we are excited but definitely NOT obsessed 

7 hours ago, Just Red said:

Each and every Rovers fan have a deep physiological problem with us, I can't even explain it, it's just weird. They hate us but at the same time are also obsessed by us? I think secretly deep down they all wish they were City fans but just to stubborn to admit it.

and the same token there are many of your lot that don't consider us rivals any more but continue to talk about us.

I am not going to get carried away with how much or how little the new owners at Rovers have or whether The/A Stadium comes out of his pocket or is actually well funded.

However so far they are a breath of fresh air and I am glad to be finally rid of the chancers we had leading us to oblivion.

5 minutes ago, Hello said:

and the same token there are many of your lot that don't consider us rivals any more but continue to talk about us.

This is said purely to wind you lot up and it works a treat.

Believe you me until we nearly got relegated with mcinnes you were never talked about you carried on with your relegation parties and numerous songs about us, score announcements on the tannoy etc etc.

Now that we do the same back to you lot we get branded as the obsessed ones....work that one out.....

Also i went on to slag chat this morning for the first time and theres a thread about OTIB.

A city fan got banned on there by one of their child moderators :rofl2br:

Such a pathetic bunch of supporters he obviously touched a nerve. More proof who the more respectable fans are not that we need anymore proof.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hello said:

I am not going to get carried away with how much or how little the new owners at Rovers have or whether The/A Stadium comes out of his pocket or is actually well funded.

However so far they are a breath of fresh air and I am glad to be finally rid of the chancers we had leading us to oblivion.

Surely how the stadium is funded must be a major concern.

We're in the fortunate position of having an owner who isn't claiming interest on monies lent to the club, if you get external funding then people will expect a return or at least want their monies secured against the value of the new stadium.

With external partners wanting a return then that would mean less revenue going to the club and with various different financial fair play measures in place would this not put you at a commercial disadvantage?

59 minutes ago, Hello said:

Well you're not a rival, in a footballing sense, are you? Not for a long time. You'd have to play us for a start.

But I will continue to talk about you and continue to laugh at you. At least until your club and your fans are less of an embarrassment. I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy it. Oh dear, I'm obsessed.

Simple as that.

Edited by Libertine1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Surely how the stadium is funded must be a major concern.

We're in the fortunate position of having an owner who isn't claiming interest on monies lent to the club, if you get external funding then people will expect a return or at least want their monies secured against the value of the new stadium.

With external partners wanting a return then that would mean less revenue going to the club and with various different financial fair play measures in place would this not put you at a commercial disadvantage?

Yes I do wonder how it will be funded. The same questions I was trying to ask of the old board to be honest.

However the new owners actually give me some confidence they can actually secure real investments and not try and blag everything like the last lot of chancers

At the moment we are back to square one and the questions will be asked in due course. Or maybe they won't have to be as the new people seem to actually communicate to the fans and they will tell us how it will all come together as and when

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

Yes I do wonder how it will be funded. The same questions I was trying to ask of the old board to be honest.

However the new owners actually give me some confidence they can actually secure real investments and not try and blag everything like the last lot of chancers

At the moment we are back to square one and the questions will be asked in due course. Or maybe they won't have to be as the new people seem to actually communicate to the fans and they will tell us how it will all come together as and when

Guess if that car park gets built at the UWE then that remains an option, but you can't help but wonder if the new owners are seeking out alternative sites for a stadium or considering a phased redevelopment of the Mem.

The latter option meaning a staggered approach to funding.

4 minutes ago, Hello said:

Investment comes at a price. To be honest I would want to know, before being lumbered with returns on investment how favourable that may be and how the club will strive to success to befit moving from a stadium which you've not yet outgrown. Especially as medium-term history shows you're some way from doing so; in spite of spikes for one-off, day trip games such as Wembley which are wholly disproportionate. 

Edited by Guest

I'm a City fan in my mid 30s who grew up in north Bristol, and I have more mates who are Rovers fans then City fans, as a result.

I remember the late 80s and early to mid 90s, and our inability to beat them for a number of years. As a result, they will always be our rivals to me, if not literally because, you know..

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20001028T1645&p0=299&font=cursive

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Investment comes at a price. To be honest I would want to know, before being lumbered with returns on investment how favourable that may be and how the club will strive to success to befit moving from a stadium which you've not yet outgrown and medium-term history shows you're some way from doing so; in spite of spikes for one-off, day trip games such as Wembley which are wholly disproportionate. 

Would guess that whilst they've not outgrown the Mem in terms of capacity bar the odd game, revenue streams must be limited now that the rugby has moved and the Mem isn't exactly the sort of place that would lend itself to concerts or exhibitions that would boost income.

So in that respect, if they do want to try and be competitive they do need improved facilities.

15 hours ago, sirscrumpton said:

Meanwhile on ass chat

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/7116/otib-watch

Apparently we've had a dull season. Admittedly we aren't going for promotion, but I would say it's been interesting for us in the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Our last 2 games have had nothing on them, but we are playing a team who have spent 3 of the 4 seasons in the Premier League, in our last game of the season.

I'd rather flirt with relegation in the Championship than push for top 3 in the basement myself. 

Hilarious that the 15er starts a thread about us on their forum to point out that we have a big thread about them on our forum and that makes us "obsessed" with them.  Their thread then gets to 7 pages in less than 24 hours....:rofl2br:

Edited by BS2 Red

20 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Hilarious that the 15er starts a thread about us on their forum to point out that we have a big thread about them on our forum and that makes us "obsessed" with them.  Their thread then gets to 7 pages in less than 24 hours....:rofl2br:

Apparently it's in their rules 'No City Fans' - pathetic.

"Actually just to go over the rules - we do not allow City fans. Doesn't matter if they're well behaved - no city fans. The second I spot one, they're getting banned. Unless I can allow people a little time to rip into them, then i'll ban a little after. "

63766283.jpg

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-Ian-Holloway-offers-thoughts/story-29233627-detail/story.html

Everything should be buzzing for the play-offs and the town is at the minute. They've got new owners and Darrell Clarke has been superb. He's given me my team back and my pride in the club, and for that I thank him."

And some people wanted him here.......:facepalm: :gasmask:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Apparently it's in their rules 'No City Fans' - pathetic.

"Actually just to go over the rules - we do not allow City fans. Doesn't matter if they're well behaved - no city fans. The second I spot one, they're getting banned. Unless I can allow people a little time to rip into them, then i'll ban a little after. "

63766283.jpg

:laugh: what a punch of sensitive pussies. Meanwhile on OTIB we have a gashead who has over 1,000 posts, a gashead who was so embarrassed to admit he supported the 2015ers he tried to make out he was a Pompey fan.

Even in football forums we're so far advanced.

• Like 3

If Wally had trillions of pounds why not have a go at Sainsburys for the third time, just heard they have abandoned their 3rd appeal shame. So this new owner a Chelsea fan, tried to buy Gillingham then ended up with the Sags building a car park for them. Now I heard on the radio there are a few issues before they can proceed. Does not look a done deal. So has this arab got any money or will he mortgage the club of. Like the Glazers did to Man U. If he had Trillions he would get it built?

39 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Having a thread called 'OTIB Watch' sounds just as obsessed as anything they accuse us of, admitting that they ban City fans just for being City fans shows that they are the ones who feel threatened.

Poor little Sagheads, running around screaming for the 'banhammer' as soon as a City fans posts on their forum, it's pathetic. 7 pages in 24 hours? I thought they never talk about us?

Hypocritical, crybaby pussies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

The thread is pure comedy gold mind, one even calling us "Just like Yeovil who got lucky with a rich owner"..

Yeah, the usual boneheads have provided us with some good laughs from this one.

Bunch of morons, telling us how superior they are for not talking about City on a thread called 'OTIB Watch' that gets to page 7 in only 24 hours :laughcont:

3 hours ago, Hello said:

Please do not put us in the same bracket as yourselves, your doing that so that yit 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would guess that whilst they've not outgrown the Mem in terms of capacity bar the odd game, revenue streams must be limited now that the rugby has moved and the Mem isn't exactly the sort of place that would lend itself to concerts or exhibitions that would boost income.

So in that respect, if they do want to try and be competitive they do need improved facilities.

Oh I agree, but when you're financing it through investors who presumably are looking for a return on capital you need it to pay for itself. Any upside in revenue streams would need to compensate that cost of obtaining investment. It's a fine line between growing too quickly and gambling with futures. Look at Bournemouth, their chairman has readily said he gambled with theirs, look at Bolton, look at Pompey. Just as they overspend on players overspending on infrastructure can have the same results. 

Had our development not been funded I'd have had concerns.