IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I see the 'family club' missed out on the family awards again. Weird that 'the friendliest most popular fans in the whole wide world', continue to miss out.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2016/the-football-league-family-excellence-award-winners-announced-3096917.aspx

Things like this should surely work in their favour....

I0000n4cr_6pmuhY.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Big Brother said:

pretty much but that didn't stop the BEP describing him today as "billionaire family".

It doesn't seem to have occurred to the BP that owning a 31% share in a bank does not mean you own 31% of the assets deposited therein.  Basic financial illiteracy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I see the 'family club' missed out on the family awards again. Weird that 'the friendliest most popular fans in the whole wide world', continue to miss out.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2016/the-football-league-family-excellence-award-winners-announced-3096917.aspx

I0000n4cr_6pmuhY.jpg

I jus can't get my head around it.. It must be an agenda against them

IMG_2236 (1)

Like I said, how do they keep missing out?

7 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I0000n4cr_6pmuhY.jpg

Apparently "Santa's Grotto" was said to be a fine idea it was the the piss stains that let it down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I0000n4cr_6pmuhY.jpg

I can just see their excuses now!

"Must have been teds on the judging panel!"
"Lansdown paid 'em off!"
"We don't enter coz we is the best anyway!"
"Our fans were locked out of the stadium so they couldnt see us!"
"Im prowed of my club anyway"

• Like 2

Here's a novel thought. The next time that Holloway walks out of the tunnel at AG, let's all give him a welcoming, warm round of applause? Not while there's breath in my body.

I suppose it would be appropriate for him to sit in the Dolman though ... we know a song about people who sit in the Dolman, don't we children?

• Like 3

UWE Won't happen, they can't get investment and their Rich owner is only worth 30 million, all the other "Assets" are the banks,

Its like us saying we have £5 billion to invest in the club because thats what Hargreves lansdown plc is worth

• Like 3

Average attendances[edit]

Season Bristol Rovers Bristol Rugby
Attendance League Attendance League
2014–15 6,793 Conference Premier  
2013–14 6,420 League Two 5,808 Championship
2012–13 6,308 League Two 4,859 Championship
2011–12 6,035 League Two 5,351 Championship
2010–11 6,253 League One 4,273 Championship
2009–10 7,042 League One 5,261 Championship
2008–09 7,170 League One 7,435 Premiership
2007–08 6,849 League One 9,175 Premiership
2006–07 7,931 League Two 10,152[28] Premiership
2005–06 5,989 League Two

Just found this. Asked  the question why do the 15ers want to build a 21000 seater stadium going to look empty all hundled in one corner of  a stand.

When I went to MK Dons this year it looked very sparse their fans all over the stadium no atmosphere. Be the same for the 15ers.

25 minutes ago, kivsy said:

when results were going against them they wanted him out,    faithful and true, ? they hounded out  graydon, trollope, mcghee,buckle,, dave penney to name a few !!

Funny that. Didnt they shit on Holloway in the end aswell? 

Remember them shooting from 1st to 7th in 2000 quite spectuacularly then sacking him the following campaign. Then relegated never to be seen in our league since 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

I0000n4cr_6pmuhY.jpg

Over half the clubs in the league win it and the bestest most friendliest, prowedest fans and club don't? Its a fix

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

I0000n4cr_6pmuhY.jpg

Maybe we should have tried this- it obviously worked in your favour.

4 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-Ian-Holloway-offers-thoughts/story-29233627-detail/story.html

Everything should be buzzing for the play-offs and the town is at the minute. They've got new owners and Darrell Clarke has been superb. He's given me my team back and my pride in the club, and for that I thank him."

And some people wanted him here.......:facepalm: :gasmask:

Holloway is so embarrassing

15 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Maybe we should have tried this- it obviously worked in your favour.

I'm confused, we were away to derby that day, while Rovers were home to leeds, but it was definitely city fans fighting them despite no club colours shown?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ha, Miahs right, it was City fans mate. 

Fair enough if that's the case, every club has its morons and I won't deny that for a second. Was just first time seeing that, and given who each team were playing and where, it looked more like some "gas logic"

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, City169 said:

Fair enough if that's the case, every club has its morons and I won't deny that for a second. Was just first time seeing that, and given who each team were playing and where, it looked more like some "gas logic"

Would 'gas logic' extend to using a video of some idiots kicking off to imply city fans are scum and rovers would never do such a thing?

• Like 2

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ha, Miahs right, it was City fans mate. 

Remember being on a coach that stopped off in Tewkesbury on the way home that day, the local police were convinced we were waiting for a Leeds supporters coach

42 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

Would 'gas logic' extend to using a video of some idiots kicking off to imply city fans are scum and rovers would never do such a thing?

No, my personal 'Gas logic' was in response to this below. City got the family award this year, Rovers didn't, but neither decision had **** all to do with Rovers or City ahem 'boys'.

FWIW I suspect the family award is some sort of box ticking bollocks anyway

4 hours ago, Iron Man said:

I jus can't get my head around it.. It must be an agenda against them

IMG_2236 (1)

Like I said, how do they keep missing out?

57 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

As a matter of interest, why did you choose your user name? He was one of the most pathetic "footballers" in your club's history.....and the list is NOT a short one .

www.irishtimes.com/news/former-soccer-player-is-jailed-for-assaulting-wife-1.54158

Edited by winsleyred

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

As a matter of interest, why did you choose your user name? He was one of the most pathetic "footballers" in your club's history.....and the list is NOT a short one .

I can't really remember why I chose it, I wish I hadn't really , because I always struggle to remember how to spell Dennehy when I log in!

As a teenager I remember thinking he was the worst Rovers player I ever saw, little did I know a few short years later Andy Spring would join us, and the subject of 'worst ever player' debates between Rovers fans was forever reduced to a shortlist of one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

You say back to square one........Rovers never left square one.

Or seem to "Pass Go" that often but love to collect their £200 sponsorship raffle tickets. 

Not adverse to "Going directly to Jail" most match days (horse punching a speciality)

But don't worry Wael has them well on the way to "Free Parking" or at least that's what's "planned". 

Alas the super fans need not panic people! for "Midas" himself has landed in Horfield.

Wael has plenty of money, Monopoly money that is. 

Joke of a club. 

image.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Or seem to "Pass Go" that often but love to collect their £200 sponsorship raffle tickets. 

Not adverse to "Going directly to Jail" most match days (horse punching a speciality)

But don't worry Wael has them well on the way to "Free Parking" or at least that's what's "planned". 

Alas the super fans need not panic people! for "Midas" himself has landed in Horfield.

Wael has plenty of money, Monopoly money that is. 

Joke of a club. 

image.png

WOW ! I'm a nillionaire,but it won't change me,I'll still be searching through the bargin bins at Morrisons.

• Like 1