IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, redfred said:

To all you gashead posters and lurkers: The day Bristol City are relying on a better result than Accrington Stanley to get promoted from the basement league is the day I hang up my footballing scarf and realise life has dealt me a cruel, cruel hand.

Now **** off.

:clapping:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, redfred said:

To all you gashead posters and lurkers: The day Bristol City are relying on a better result than Accrington Stanley to get promoted from the basement league is the day I hang up my footballing scarf and realise life has dealt me a cruel, cruel hand.

Now **** off.

:clapping:

Also like to add the day Bristol City drop down to a semi professional division I will do the exact same.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, redfred said:

Now **** off.

Eloquently put Fred .

54 minutes ago, redfred said:

Now **** off.

Who said shakespeare was dead. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And they think that the whole world loves em and hates the 'teds' - I showed this thread and THAT You Tube video to fans of Bournemouth and Exeter today, they both laughed out loud, called em 'sad f*ckers' (amongst other things) and confirmed what most people think, that the gas are the annoyingly sad little club from Bristol who are just jealous and desperately hankering to be Bristol City.

They also noted the irony that sags call us 'the franchise' when they obviously don't know what that means and they derided us in the past for having a rich owner then go berserk when some Chelsea fan buys them....

I just can't wait for it all to come crashing down around them....and that ain't jealousy, just realism. We've got a Bristolian billionaire with our hopes in his hands who genuinely loves our club - they've got a chancer who couldn't afford Chelsea.

But it won't stop the blue few hypocrites calling SL the 'tax exile' when their guy's company is registered in Jersey for some strange, tax evading reason....

They'll never get it.....gas logic....I reckon that could make it into the dictionary....gas logic = 'we're always right cos we hate teds'

They are like an annoying little nephew at Xmas, you only tend to see them once a year but they remind you instantly why you hated them for the rest of the year.....

I'm pretty sure after the JPT game, they were trying to get other clubs fans on their side after all the mischief making...

They seem to think they are well liked in the footballing community when in reality they are very much despised by pretty much anyone who have the misfortune of playing them

On 5/5/2016 at 01:12, Libertine1 said:

I suggest you do have the time. Why else would you visit a Bristol City forum and, with that famous 'Gas Logic', tell us that Taylor vs Kodjia is a "close call"?

Thanks for the gift.

Look matey- I tried,when coming on to this forum to have a sensible piece of interaction- If you put Kodjia in the same bracket as Aguero- fine. But really more than that stuff- why do you put all Rovers fans in the same bracket of us saying we are rich, have more away fans, yours saying we punch horses as if it were a weekly event (your hooligan record is far worse by the way)... that's the kids talking and yes they are embarrassing.

I did get a few sensible replies to posts I made before but it's fairly obvious the 'pack mentality' prevails here- and yes, it' does on our forums too, and in most I'd bet.

I'll bid you well... and look forward to tomorrow and promotion...

SA gas....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Look matey- I tried,when coming on to this forum to have a sensible piece of interaction- If you put Kodjia in the same bracket as Aguero- fine. But really more than that stuff- why do you put all Rovers fans in the same bracket of us saying we are rich, have more away fans, yours saying we punch horses as if it were a weekly event (your hooligan record is far worse by the way)... that's the kids talking and yes they are embarrassing.

I did get a few sensible replies to posts I made before but it's fairly obvious the 'pack mentality' prevails here- and yes, it' does on our forums too, and in most I'd bet.

SA gas....

Btw i merely stated comparing taylor with kodjia is like comparing aguero akd kodjia.

Ahh st andrews gas we love you really generally enjoy conversations with you miah and philgas as you.actually talk some.sense !

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

SA gas....

Well we can put you in the bracket of thinking we might play you next season as you were so happy to tell us. Of course you were in a minority though :laugh: Fairwell. Hope it all ends in tears tomorrow and in the play offs, and remember horses are not a punching bag of frustration ;)

3 hours ago, redfred said:

Now **** off.

Not sure I agree mate, I didn't hang up my scarf when we pipped Aldershot to the last promotion place from the basement division in 1983/84 - and loads more didn't either. We were right behind Terry and the boys.

You obviously weren't around when we were right down there....incidentally, in that same season the gas finished 5th in the division above us.

Never forget our history...it's what made us

• Like 15

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure I agree mate, I didn't hang up my scarf when we pipped Aldershot to the last promotion place from the basement division in 1983/84 - and loads more didn't either. We were right behind Terry and the boys.

You obviously weren't around when we were right down there....incidentally, in that same season the gas finished 5th in the division above us.

Never forget our history...it's what made us

I'm in my forties, so that promotion was my first as a young City fan and TC remains my first footballing hero.

However, whilst I remember those dark days that preceded the promotion well and the fact that we have been where they have been (though not quite as far down....) is not lost in me. Given our current status I would be very, very surprised if we ever found ourselves back down there in my lifetime and thus I have no fears of ever having to hang my scarf up.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

December 10th 1983 - best game I've ever been at....and we were a basement team then....never forget...

The gAss were second in the old 3rd division at the time of that game as well. They went on to miss out on promotion and we went up that season.

2 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

SA gas....

1 down , couple more to go 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Btw i merely stated comparing taylor with kodjia is like comparing aguero akd kodjia.

Ahh st andrews gas we love you really generally enjoy conversations with you miah and philgas as you.actually talk some.sense !

Hello isn't to bad ether

Well this thread has 7530 posts, and has been active almost a year so roughly 20 posts a day. During that time we have had the Rovers V Sainsburys court case and appeals, speculation on new owners, there club actually being bought, their promotion, and of course the general pisstaking. Their thread if left open is already on course to overtake this one, It is funny to read though, they still insist their owner (or his family) are worth Billions - just makes you laugh. One poster thinks this thread is sad, but then goes onto say he has no problem with how big their thread on us is getting as it's "Fun" - BINGO we have a winner.... though a hypocrite of one.

8 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

I can't really remember why I chose it, I wish I hadn't really , because I always struggle to remember how to spell Dennehy when I log in!

As a teenager I remember thinking he was the worst Rovers player I ever saw, little did I know a few short years later Andy Spring would join us, and the subject of 'worst ever player' debates between Rovers fans was forever reduced to a shortlist of one.

He weren't all that at cat burglary either !:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Well this thread has 7530 posts, and has been active almost a year so roughly 20 posts a day. During that time we have had the Rovers V Sainsburys court case and appeals, speculation on new owners, there club actually being bought, their promotion, and of course the general pisstaking. Their thread if left open is already on course to overtake this one, It is funny to read though, they still insist their owner (or his family) are worth Billions - just makes you laugh. One poster thinks this thread is sad, but then goes onto say he has no problem with how big their thread on us is getting as it's "Fun" - BINGO we have a winner.... though a hypocrite of one.

I don't want to burst your bubble but this thread had 94 posts on day 1 and the NLBR thread had 125. Threads obviously start to die after awhile so it's a bit unfair to compare a whole thread over a year to a thread made after a day or two. Unfortunately your threads seem to be a bit like the "oh yes" thread we used to have for you, and we've had two good seasons regardless of what league we're in. At the end of the day you can only beat what's put in front of you.

I avoid threads about you on our forum as if I was to read anything about your lot, I would do so on here! Both clubs have fans who care a little too much about the other but that's football. 

I came on here as I'm a tad nervous and can't sleep, was half hoping you were all wishing us luck! Regardless of tomorrows outcome, this season has been fantastic and totally gone above and beyond my expectations and whether we end up going up or not I'm not too bothered by it. Obviously I would like us to go up but it isn't the end of the world if we don't. You might think I'm easy to please but after years of tossers like Buckle and McGhee it's so refreshing to have a manager raising our expectations rather than telling us to lower them.

Congratulations on staying up, was only about a month into the season I was reading on here how you were doomed and going back down so I went and stuck my house on it. ******s.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

I don't want to burst your bubble but this thread had 94 posts on day 1 and the NLBR thread had 125. Threads obviously start to die after awhile so it's a bit unfair to compare a whole thread over a year to a thread made after a day or two. Unfortunately your threads seem to be a bit like the "oh yes" thread we used to have for you, and we've had two good seasons regardless of what league we're in. At the end of the day you can only beat what's put in front of you.

I avoid threads about you on our forum as if I was to read anything about your lot, I would do so on here! Both clubs have fans who care a little too much about the other but that's football. 

I came on here as I'm a tad nervous and can't sleep, was half hoping you were all wishing us luck! Regardless of tomorrows outcome, this season has been fantastic and totally gone above and beyond my expectations and whether we end up going up or not I'm not too bothered by it. Obviously I would like us to go up but it isn't the end of the world if we don't. You might think I'm easy to please but after years of tossers like Buckle and McGhee it's so refreshing to have a manager raising our expectations rather than telling us to lower them.

Congratulations on staying up, was only about a month into the season I was reading on here how you were doomed and going back down so I went and stuck my house on it. ******s.

It goes without saying that sensible saggies such as yourself are very welcome on this forum!

Don't be too nervous about tomorrow. All the pressure will be on Accrington and Oxford as its there's to lose! All you can do is hope but I'm pretty sure you'll end up in the playoffs. Come on AFCW!!) :D

10 hours ago, redfred said:

I'm in my forties, so that promotion was my first as a young City fan and TC remains my first footballing hero.

However, whilst I remember those dark days that preceded the promotion well and the fact that we have been where they have been (though not quite as far down....) is not lost in me. Given our current status I would be very, very surprised if we ever found ourselves back down there in my lifetime and thus I have no fears of ever having to hang my scarf up.

Without SC two years ago,  we were I  that situation. 

Enjoy your last game today guys.

Hope Rovers do the business and we get a bit of luck in one of the other games.

Regardless of the banter and arguments, i hope this is the start of a good time.to be a football fan in Bristol, Red or Blue

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Hello said:

Regardless of the banter and arguments, i hope this is the start of a good time.to be a football fan in Bristol, Red or Blue

Don't bunch us together with your team's complete lack of success, being a football fan is excellent for 80% of the city.  Today you are hoping to reach a league which we shudder about.  

I hope you go on to lose in the play-offs, just as I did last season and the season before that I hoped you would go down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

He weren't all that at cat burglary either !:P

There is previous, didn't Jim Eadie get caught nicking a dozen pasties and a TV from the Bar that used to back onto the Tote end :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Seventeen said:

:rofl2br::rofl2br::laughcont::laughcont::city:   ....... oh, sorry you were serious ??

1 hour ago, Hello said:

Cheers Hello (now that doesn't sound right). I note that you're from the decent gas forum, gas guzzler, rather than the high moron-count one that is gas chat.

That's the only forum of which I have heard that bans people purely for supporting a rival team as they do; it's clearly too much for the sensitive souls on there to have to debate with somebody who doesn't regurgitate the accepted orthodoxy.  Most footie forums welcome fans of other teams as long as they behave because it makes the forum far more interesting.

I occasionally post (as a City fan, or 'sheed' as you would know it) on a QPR forum and sometimes even receive comments that I should post more often. Bit bloody different to the banjo twanging that echoes around gas chat!

2 hours ago, Hello said:

I agree entirely.

Apart from the first line and the red bit in the last line.

• Like 5