IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Good luck to them.....they're overjoyed at getting into a division that only three months ago they were taking the piss out of us heading towards!

#GasLogic

The gap remains and unless they go up again next year it will remain for some years yet I'm certain.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Good luck to them.....they're overjoyed at getting into a division that only three months ago they were taking the piss out of us heading towards!

#GasLogic

The gap remains and unless they go up again next year it will remain for some years yet I'm certain.

They will find it a lot harder in L1 next season.

• Like 1

To all decent Rovers fans and the decent Rovers fans that I know who have followed Rovers all their lives. I'm genuinely pleased for you. For my next door neighbour who is one of the most decent people I have ever met (even though he's a Rovers fan) I'm genuinely pleased for you.

To the 4 over 50 fat Gas fackers who shouted abuse at me today from your car - I hope your car collapsed under your weight.

• Like 7

One of the sags cheerfully said on the radio that no bristol team has managed back to back promotions before.

Forgetting the fact that their promotions were from leagues that we either havent been in or stayed in for more than two years, must say im quite chuffed with that stat

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

If they are actually singing "Are you watching Ashton Gate" then truly shows how pathetic they are. Are we watching? No why would we be? We play in the Championship, you play in League 2, though next year League 1. Still below us I might add. We have a new refurbished stadium. They have a swamp. Have to be the most embarrassing set of fans in this country. Stop worrying about your better rivals, concentrate on yourselves and enjoy the day while you can. Utter embarrassment, though I'd expect no more from them,

Agree with this 100%

Completely embarrassing bunch of fans... their manager set that tone last season and carried it on this season.

• Like 1

Just seen a video

Cringeworthy celebrations.

some of the fans don't even have the human decenany to leave the pitch to welcome players and manager back on trying to get selfies and joining with the players celebration when they are trying to do the lap of honour.

complete lack of respect. 

To be fair though most of them have no probably gone home to molest their pets and beat up their wives.

either way, good for them but it's league one with a conference squad. Good Luck!

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

One of the sags cheerfully said on the radio that no bristol team has managed back to back promotions before.

Forgetting the fact that their promotions were from leagues that we either havent been in or stayed in for more than two years, must say im quite chuffed with that stat

That 15er should have been reminded that only one Bristol club has ever played in the top flight.

• Like 2

Memorial Ground not big enough for Rovers if they go up again?

The last time Rovers were in the 2nd tier they averaged a grand total of 5,745.

When they start losing regularly, starting next season, most of these 'lifelong gasheads' will disappear into semi permanent hibernation yet again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

There singing that they are coming for us! :yawn::D

An injury time winner at home against the 91st club in English football putting them ahead of Accrington Stanley on goal difference. 

Watch out Champions League, here they come!

• Like 15

C,mom guys n galls, we never in a million years expected this after that goal by sir Colin, take it on the chin, let them have their day, it's well deserved after all the crap the've had to endure these last few years, forget the rivalry and look forward to ripping the shit into them when they play some proper teams in league 1, well done gas, wear iron pants next season cos this will bite you on the ass, again and again and again.....:cool:

• Like 5

"Are you watching Ashton Gate? No. Primarily because games at their level are rarely broadcast on TV.

I actually see their automatic promotion as a blessing, as it has spared us all the torture of hearing about '60,000' gasheads going to Wembley over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

My advice to all on here getting upset is this...

Read the Scott Wagstaff thread, from the beginning. It's like being on LSD. 

Having spent a misspent youth I really doubt that's true, especially the flashbacks...peace n love x

just off to read the waggy thread....Erk!!

Edited by Kingswood mask
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I just hope @Robbored can get his play off minibus deposit back 

Sadly my mate, Graham, a Gashead passed away fairly recently so had the Rovers not made automatic promotion I'm sure there would not have been a similar situation of me doing a mate a favour......

6 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

All the people laughing at the 'are you watching Ashton gate' chant, but judging by the amount of posts on here, metaphorically speaking, yes, we are watching! 

Plus we savoured winning the same league some posts are taking the piss out the gash going into next year.

Still proper gutted though

To be perfectly honest I wasn't laughing, I found it embarrassing.

We won L1 at a canter, they got a last gasp winner against a club relegated and still had to rely on Accrington not winning in L2.

They can chant all they want, my view is they could be out of their depth in L1, some big and very good clubs in that league. Their fans should concentrate on consolidation rather than chasing the impossible dream...

The difference they dreamed of being in a league that we dread to be in, says it all.

• Like 1

From a very old Bristolian who was brought up to always support City but who also back in the Fifties, along with many fellow Bristolians and City supporters, also secondly supported Rovers and attended games- none of this rather nasty name calling by so called fans of both clubs.

Well done Rovers but onwards and upwards with The Mighty Robins

• Like 12

Big summer for Wally.

Would imagine the Daryl will be on the radar of other clubs, so he might be off. 

Top scorer out of contract and they will probably need to strengthen the squad.

For all he has said about doing things the right way, you can't help but wonder how far his wallet will stretch and how deep his pockets are.

• Like 1