IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Wer r goub up I say we t gpi. Up.  We r goin up we r goub up.  Not  do RC in sote.  Yyyyueerrrrrrree

Sometimes I'm embarrassed by feeling like a snob, other times I'm quite happy to overtly being a snob. Enjoy League One; it's pretty shit. 

30 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

The Championship is a very hard league

May be next season we can give our club(CITY) 100% and stop giving a monkeys what the gas do

Don't think just because we rip it out of the Gas that it will affect our support of City whatsoever...

Pretty sure all City fans give 100% to the club regardless while making fun of our ludicrous (and rather poor) neighbours

9 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

:laugh: they beat Dag and Red to pip Accrington to promotion? 

Accrington.... Stereotypical comedy club.

Dag and Red? Ask any non football fan what that name even means! Ask any football fan where it is!

Both answers, no idea boss.

Enjoy Fleetwood you sad sacks.

Take the district line east and you will find Dagenham. 

So they did it then... Personally I say fair play. Two promotions in a row is a remarkable achievement, even from such a low standard of football.

90% of them are just football fans like us who just want to see their team do well, so I have absolutely no issues with seeing them have some limited success that is confined to the bottom two divisions as it doesn't affect us.

Saying all that, I will of course be hoping for a swift relegation back to the basement for them. ;)

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 1

From non league football to Division III in two seasons. Let that sink in. Achievement? No, not for me.

They should not even be thinking of us. But they are.  We have vastly different agendas.

The advancement of footballing infrastructure is a key element to success, however not binding. 

We have redeveloped Ashton Gate into facility capable of matching our ambition.  With SL we have a benefactor that has significancly backed this club. His track record of investment is undeniable. 

They have or have to build a car park. I almost don't understand that. Their owner, at best is a complete unknown quantity.  The proof is in the desire to move forward.  

We have. We are operating at different spectrum to them. We are now a fully functioning Championship side. With a season under our belts, the knowledge and experience gained the last 12 months have been invaluable.  The addition of Mark Ashton is key to our progression. He will be the single focal point of our summer. 

What in terms of personnel do they have? Do they have the foggiest idea of what they are up against.  For all of your posturing today and running around your ground shouting "were coming for you...."

Your light years away. The gulf is huge.  We are now an outfit capable.  You might get lucky.  You did today. But in this day and age you need sustainable growth. 

You well might be in league 1 for years, not an easy league. For me the following is key.  See what your new man is all about. Money. Investment.  New ground.  Recruitment.  Academy.   Attendances.  

Then I might look over my shoulder.  

Stevo

• Like 12

I've absolutely loved the acts of hilariousness that the sags have provided us with over the last couple of years. I will never forget the 'labour all through the Thatcher years' man and 'I'd rather have my dog put down' man. They'll live with me forever.

But as much as I've loved it, I'm not going to get upset at them getting promoted. They're still irrelevant in the here and now, and the hatred (for me at least) continues to wane.

I hope they continue to do well. I want the real passionate hatred back, not this comedy mocking basement pity style of hatred we currently have.

They'll secretly continue to want to be us, so let them have their day for although the divisionary gap between has decreased, the gulf in infrastructure and future viability continues to widen.

Forever in our shadow.

• Like 13

They may be in our shadow but they're "better" than us in every way as they keep telling us.

I don't know what this "better" actually means but they seem pretty convinced of it.  Like a tramp sat in a puddle of his own piddle, convinced that his life is "better" than that of the wage slaves hurrying to work.

• Like 6

They are now back to the level where historically they have usually been (so by the way, are we).

Finishing above Accrington Stanley on goal difference really isn't the achievement their mates in the print and sound media will now spend all this summer making out that it is.

They will now have to play Sheff U, Coventry, MK and the likes in a ramshackle non league standard ground, if they find the step up a struggle their home games on a winter night against Bury or Oldham will very soon revert to the usual 5000 suspects.

As is said above, despite their claim to be "coming for us" in so many ways (as well as literally of course) we operate in a completely different league now.

As for those who long for the return of the Bristol Derby, what sort of ambition is that? We want to challenge ourselves against teams like Boro, Burnley, Derby, etc, not Bristol's equivalent of Gillingham or Leyton Orient.

• Like 5

You have to feel for Accrington Stanley, their fans in the background of the sky sports updates looked a mixture of devastation, suicidal and shell shocked. You wouldn't want to put your mortgage on them making it up through the play offs (although I hope they do).

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As for those who long for the return of the Bristol Derby, what sort of ambition is that? We want to challenge ourselves against teams like Boro, Burnley, Derby, etc, not Bristol's equivalent of Gillingham or Leyton Orient.

Absolutely. In short, they need us a lot more than we need them.

I can't wait until they turn on 'Darrell' when things start to go badly, and end up hounding him out the club like they did with 'Trolls' and 'Ollie'. 

• Like 1