IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Much as our owner has quickly been given hero status ( he's knocked off a few debts is all so far),  I await to see what he really can do for us....

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that those 'few debts' could've plunged you into deep, deep financial shit considering the outcome of the Sainsburys case. Under those circumstances Im not surprised he's been given hero status.

1 hour ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

Thinking about it. Is there a crapper stadium in the 92? Maybe Luton, Accrington, Crawley and Stevenage. The eyesore that straddles the half way line looks pathetic. There can't be much more than 2k seats in the place.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiment, but I don't think Dopey Darryl counts as part of the infrastructure.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, In the Net said:

#BristolRovers owner Wael Al-Qadi has given his players £100,000 to go an celebrate promotion in Las Vegas. Wow. #rovers @Official_BRFC

"No pressure lads, but I need you to go to Vegas and turn this £100k into a few million in order to finance the new ground."

• Like 19

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Is that allowed?

It's at least been the case in the past that bonuses had to be registered with the Football Association at the start of the season...

The Leicester squad are being treated to a trip to Vegas as they did not have any bonuses written into their contracts with regard to winning the Premiership. I guess that paying for a holiday and some spending money is looked upon differently to hard cash going into their bank accounts.

5 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

You have to give them credit for winning 2 promotions after probably their most embarassing season in their history.

Is League 1 really that big of a step though? I would have to say no.

The big step is League 1 to Championship IMO.

As for Matt Taylor, he is just a poor mans Kemar Roofe.

Next season will be.

Charlton, MK Dons and Bolton are gena strengthen that division. Not forgetting the likes of Sheff Utd potentially Barnsley. 

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Next season will be.

Charlton, MK Dons and Bolton are gena strengthen that division. Not forgetting the likes of Sheff Utd potentially Barnsley. 

And potentially Pompey. It will be a tougher league next season than it was for us I think. It will also still have Coventry & Peterborough and whoever of Bradford, Barnsley, Millwall and Walsall that don`t go up.

59 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The Leicester squad are being treated to a trip to Vegas as they did not have any bonuses written into their contracts with regard to winning the Premiership. I guess that paying for a holiday and some spending money is looked upon differently to hard cash going into their bank accounts.

Indeed allowed as a "work place incentive"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

A lot better than what they would have got under Piggs' regime !

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They'd have got a day out at an Owl Sanctuary or something...

During the daytime :( (Cheap rates)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

"No pressure lads, but I need you to go to Vegas and turn this £100k into a few million in order to finance the new ground."

Some of the City players are going there on holiday as well. I know cause Flinty told Hadwin on RB on Saturday.  Perhaps they will tell them how easy it is to be the runaway Champions of L1.

Well done to them, two promotions in a row is a good achievement.

A number of teams tend to have double promotions from the conference to league 1. This summer will show how much the new board have and are prepared to actually spend in the team and the new ground.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Are you going to be having an open top bus parade, for finishing third in League Two, ahead of Accrington Stanley on goal difference??

That's not as snappy as: "are you watching Ashton Gate?" Can you whittle it down a bit?

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Seen this photo a few times on Facebook, I think Dopey is getting done 'up the wrong un' by the grateful Saghead directly behind him.

image.jpeg

Deliverance Gash style.

Squeal like a pig